Why do cats meow and stare into space?

There are 49 comments on the WMC-TV Memphis story from Sep 29, 2011, titled Why do cats meow and stare into space?. In it, WMC-TV Memphis reports that:

Meowing in the quirky way you describe can be explained in many different ways. Certain breeds tend to meow more than others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC-TV Memphis.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#45 Sep 1, 2012
Absolutely true about Autism, heart disease, crystals and a host of other diseases.

The ground water is polluted and animals are suffering as are the innocent public taking a shower or downing a glass of the toxified water with every mind drug, heart medication in it
Good Cat Dead Cat

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Sep 1, 2012
Why do cats act like cats? DUH Stoopid question that needs no answer. Question should be what to do about animal pollution and bird killing cats who's owners are irresponsible.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#47 Sep 1, 2012
The Humanbeings are analizing cats behavior. .... Great..... There is a lot of experience there. Same as when the mental health industry tested the children of America and other countries having no science. No medical model. No evidence based medicine and no test for chemical imbalance of the brain to which the industry admitted lying to mind drug the world population. I bet they are going to change cat / dog / goldfish behavior by mind drugs too
STINKCAT

Thornton Heath, UK

#48 Sep 1, 2012
Good Cat Dead Cat wrote:
Why do cats act like cats? DUH Stoopid question that needs no answer. Question should be what to do about animal pollution and bird killing cats who's owners are irresponsible.
Cats like killing birds Just like I enjoy reading your stoopid comments.
Pharma Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#49 Sep 1, 2012
STINKCAT wrote:
<quoted text>Cats like killing birds Just like I enjoy reading your stoopid comments.
Too bad you're a turd and not a bird.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#50 Feb 16, 2013
One reason that a cat may stare into space and meow is because it sees a ghost. I've seen human ghosts. I've seen the ghost of a cat.

That's probably not the only reason, but it's certaily one possibility.

btw, I'm a church-going Christian.
STINKCAT

UK

#51 Feb 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
One reason that a cat may stare into space and meow is because it sees a ghost. I've seen human ghosts. I've seen the ghost of a cat.
That's probably not the only reason, but it's certaily one possibility.
btw, I'm a church-going Christian.
No such thing as 'ghosts'.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#52 Feb 17, 2013
STINKCAT wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as 'ghosts'.
I disagree because I've seen them.
uaxwax

Pittsburgh, PA

#53 Feb 22, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Cats Meow is a way they communicate they immitate there owners
everyday liking chatter.Did you ever realize when your talking to your cat the cat responds with meow and other indicators they like your chatter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a free pitbull puppy (Mar '13) May 19 Anna Rymer 19
News Australia: Depp's dogs need to 'bugger off' May 17 Schnooki 1
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) May 15 Natasha 237
english bulldog pups(male and female) May 13 Bob 4
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) May 13 Bob 704
Acrobatic Capuchin Monkeys availble for free ad... (Oct '13) May 13 marylytie 9
News Own a rabbit? Help us mark awareness week May 13 New Perspective 1
More from around the web