Save Onion the Dog From Euthanasia?

May 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Suburban Journals

Oak Parker Les Golden at Center of Nationwide Effort of Dog Lovers Onion the dog of Henderson, Nevada, became an international focal point for animal welfare advocates in their struggle against municipalities and their animal control departments after the death of the family child who was injured by the dog.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dog needs to be put down

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

This group trying to save this dog disgusts me, a 1 year old child had his neck broke by this dog and all they care about is the animal not this child; shame on you. I had a Rot that never showed agression but out of the blue she lunged at my daughter and the Rot was never provoked in any way, I immediately loaded the dog into my vehicle, took her to the vet and had the dog put down. All the animal lovers are missing one point once an animal shows aggression it needs to be put down and if you think that sending the dog to a sanctuary is the answer, who says the dog won't turn on the new owner.
you suck

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Dog needs to be put down wrote:
This group trying to save this dog disgusts me, a 1 year old child had his neck broke by this dog and all they care about is the animal not this child; shame on you. I had a Rot that never showed agression but out of the blue she lunged at my daughter and the Rot was never provoked in any way, I immediately loaded the dog into my vehicle, took her to the vet and had the dog put down. All the animal lovers are missing one point once an animal shows aggression it needs to be put down and if you think that sending the dog to a sanctuary is the answer, who says the dog won't turn on the new owner.
YOU disgust me..the dog "lunged" at her?? did he bite her? you couldnt surrender the dog to a shelter? do everyone a favor and dont ever own a dog again, you suck! that poor rot, had to be stuck with you
Dog needs to be put down

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

you suck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU disgust me..the dog "lunged" at her?? did he bite her? you couldnt surrender the dog to a shelter? do everyone a favor and dont ever own a dog again, you suck! that poor rot, had to be stuck with you
the dog was barking and biting at her, the Rot was in attack mode, if I wasn't there to get in front of the dog, then I don't know if my daughter would be alive, when a society cares more about animals then the welfare of people we all are in a world of hurt and I would like to know if you own an animal because if you do then sig heil to you the dictator for imprisoning that poor animal, feeding it toxic foods that are made in China, not letting the animal roam at will.
CECE

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

What kind of person leaves a little infant with a dog, it is still an animal and I believe that the dog was protecting himself.We were not there and we have no idea what that baby was doing to the dog, and neither does the owner because HE WAS NOT there and how long was he up stairs???? Has anybody ever held a baby that started pulling on your hair or grab you with their little sharp fingernails.... I believe the dog was only reacting to what the baby was doing to him .... its the owners we have to worry about not the dog. The dogs needs to be saved, not destroyed.....
Laury

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

I agree with CECE. Onion's owners should be prevented from owning pet animals. They simply aren't responsible enough.
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

I,ll take an animal over a person any day of the week.
The parents are supposed to be the responsible ones here and are definitely lacking in their parenting.
The baby should,t have been where the dog was. whats wrong with people...they could,t take proper care of their child or an animal...
I would never leave my child alone with my dog...they,re still animals.It,s horrid what happe ned to that poor child and now lets just pass the buck onto the poor animal . I just heard he,s being put down. These people get some parenting skills because next time they leave a small infant alone by a boiling pot or some other idiotic gesture will they blame themselves...not.They,re not going to feel any better when Onion,s put down....they,re going to feel just as horrid because this is all their fault.Poor child and poor dog...dying because of again irresponsible parenting.
Don,t get a dog if you can,t watch your child.
Jaly

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

Why weren't the parents charged with child endangerment? Only idiots or crackheads leave a baby in the care of a dog! Bring criminal charges against the parents and maybe other stupid people will think twice before they choose to put their baby on the floor next to a dog to sleep instead of in a crib!

Every child I grew up with is still alive today because our parents were responsible. They used cribs and playpens! All the helmets, seatbelts and safety latches will not keep children safe from irresponsible parents. Too bad the parents can't be barred from having anymore dogs AND babies!
rel

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

My two questions are: the judge said she was not the right trial judge, municipality was. and they should have started a rung down. are the advocates re-starting a rung down or moving a rung up, now? an appeal puts them in a position to move up. shouldn't they be allowed - if the judge says it was not her case to be heard - to start all over at the municipality and have the right to move to the next jurisdiction and then, as they say, an appeal to the supreme court? and, the parents relinquished the dog so they would not be charged with anything. remember the male owner said he lost a baby and a dog that day. he said the dog was a great dog that helped the grandmother get through cancer. if he was not afraid of being charged with something, he may have petitioned to have the dog sent to a sanctuary HAD HE KNOWN that was an option.
Duh

Texas City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

Fk this dog, if it bit my kid I'd kill the bastard on the spot and there would be NO debate.
Pawnfarzi

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Dog needs to be put down wrote:
EUTHANIZE CHILDREN, NOT ANIMALS!
Overpopulation is the root of all evil
GO GREEN! Kill a child TODAY!
But...you'll lose your tax write offs.
DicetheOnion

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

The dog should not have had any chance of getting a reprieve, it should have been exterminated ASAP! Kill the dog, and cut the tongues out of the mouths of the people who say the parents are to blame.
Maria Russo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

I agree with Cece. What kind of a person leaves a baby with a dog or any animal. Parents need to be more responsible! You never leave a baby or child alone with a dog! Never!!! How stupid can a person be! That poor dog needs to be saved!!! Whoever believes he should die is a jerk! A complete idiot!!! Animals are "God's creation." And their the best! They're "Man's best friend." Don't ever forget that; you fools that think the animal shouldn't be saved. I hope to God that he's saved! Please, save that poor dog! Please!
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

This whole thing is tragic...c,mon...the parents made the mistake here....and I can,t even imagine what they,re going through...but it was their fault...whats wrong with everyone.The husband stated that he lost 2 things he loved that day ...Onion as well.
He,s a dog everyone.....he needs supervision and didn,t get it...they made a mistake and are about to make another. By surrendering Onion immediately they passed the blame COMPLETELY on the dog...aren,t they rsponsible as well?
I,m not being mean but does 1 horrid mistake open the doors to allowing another.Nothing will be gained by Onnions death..Let him live out his life at this sancuary and thats enough punishement..he,ll never be in ahome again or love an owner which hes used to...hes been a house dog and now will just have a life with other animals...thats punishment enough...please don,t add one horrid insult to another....I lv children and animals alike....Let him live ..I,m sure hes had plenty of punishement already by wheres hes staying...he lost everythin as well...because of a fatel PEOPLES mistake.....sorrry nd unfortunate for all
honu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

Onion should live! What is this world coming to when we as tax payers pay for millions of people on death row. Inmates that know right from wrong, an animal is just that an animal. Who supports the animals from facing the death sentence, WE do, responsible individuals! It's the parent s responsibilty to protect and supervise their children, and supervison was lacking that day. Sorry for their loss, but the situation could of been prevented! SAVE ONION!
LORI

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

a animal is that a animal maybe people should treat a dog r other pets with the respect they deserve and stop rushing to judgement our country is always in a hurry to do something bad when something bad happens i believe onion deserves a second chance any death is a tragedy and adding another doesnt fix the problem it just adds to it we need to show more compassion towards every living creature b it human or animal
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Wow.........I have no words...for once, If you go into this website....I,m so proud of the owner of Onion...the deceased child,s grandmother...It had to be one of the hardest decisions she,s ever had to make and obviously had to get the approval of her family. She has relinquished Onion over to the people who are fighting to save Onion,s life....they obviously loved the dog and probably still do...you don,t turn real love on and off. So many mistakes were made that day and a childs life was lost ...Hopefully we,ll all learn from a moments mistake and the judge will now agree to send this poor sad creature for a 2nd chance at life...away from the family he loves but will learn to love again.My heart goes out to this family and I will pray for them ...my heart tells me they did the right thing...now lets hope the judge follows suite.2 wrongs don,t make a right so the one wrong and now the 2nd right hopefully will bring an end to all this debate and lives will go on.Grandmother , and family I,m so proud of your decision.....and speaking for Onion he thanx you as well...Please Judge agree with the Grandmother...It,s the right thing to do and abide by their request as onion will pay a cost as well as he lost the only family he,s ever known and will have to start all over again..Lv to all.
dog owner

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

I have never read so many stupid remarks from so many stupid people. For crying out loud read the story and quit putting your own twist on it. The dog did not or ever show any aggression he had played with the baby and family all day he is a old dog and was tired when the baby grabbed him he was startled and it probably hurt and he snapped. Tell me you have never reacted when startled or hurt -- LIAR!! You that say kill him or how rotten the family is are just mean shallow a--holes have some compassion for an animal that has a heart and soul and feelings. It was a terrible accident and everybody is the loser and for the idiot that said he would snap at his new owner HE IS GOING TO A KENNEL TO LIVE THE REST OF LIVE WITHOUT HIS LOVED ONES AND BE IN A CAGE OR A RUN INSTEAD OF HIS HOME THERE WILL BE NO OWNERS!!!

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

This dog should be on deathrow and not given another chance to kill someone else. You'll never know this dog will snap again.

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

I have a cat. You never hear about a cat killing anyone, unless he's a lion.
dean

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

To ...Spy the web...a cat....FIGURES....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Pets Forum right now

Search the Pets Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peaceful protest set for March 29 in memory of ... 7 hr Bark Bark 11
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Apr 14 Scam Alert 194
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Apr 14 Snafu_ 656
Teacup Yorkie Puppies for Adoption Apr 12 Scam Alert 16
Teacup yorkie puppies for free adoption (Jun '13) Apr 12 cassandra 106
two free blue eyed siberian husky puppies (Jul '12) Apr 10 Scam Alert 32
Independent Shar-Pei make loyal pets, owners say (Nov '08) Apr 9 Robyn Nivens 17
•••
•••
•••
•••