Feral cats endanger native animals, research shows

Dec 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ABC News

Feral cats around Australia are proving a threat to native species, as a research project in remote Western Australia is showing.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LifeLessons

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

brits are pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Coyotes move to where the food is. Fluffy and Muffy are easy pickings and preferable to harder to catch wildlife, which is still abundant despite your claims otherwise.
Contrary to your claims, cats annihilated all the wildlife where I live, and I live in a remote rural area. I had to destroy hundreds of cats so the wildlife would recover. From smallest of prey that cats senselessly destroyed for their play-toys up to the top predators that were starved-out by cats. My wildlife and lands are recovering quite nicely for the last 3 years since every last cat is gone.

I'm even seeing species of animals I've never seen in my life before since all the cats are gone. I'd say, on average, about 1 new species per day since the cats are gone. I strongly suspect they are trying to find any habitat which is safer for them. All the surrounding lands still being invaded by cats (and human encroachment and their mindless overbreeding goals) is forcing all these native animals to my own lands, with them looking for any harbor away from cats and human activity.

If you want to have a life rich in an immense variety of wildlife, the simplest and most inexpensive solution you can ever do is shoot and bury every last cat you see. The rewards for doing so are immeasurable. I now feel nothing but pity and sorrow for anyone who has cats in their lives. Their lives are so bereft and dismally empty that they don't even realize just how empty their lives truly are. How sad, but true, that is.
STINKCAT

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

LifeLessons wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm even seeing species of animals I've never seen in my life before since all the cats are gone. I'd say, on average, about 1 new species per day since the cats are gone. I strongly suspect they are trying to find any habitat which is safer for them. All the surrounding lands still being invaded by cats (and human encroachment and their mindless overbreeding goals) is forcing all these native animals to my own lands, with them looking for any harbor away from cats and human activity.
If you want to have a life rich in an immense variety of wildlife, the simplest and most inexpensive solution you can ever do is shoot and bury every last cat you see. The rewards for doing so are immeasurable. I now feel nothing but pity and sorrow for anyone who has cats in their lives. Their lives are so bereft and dismally empty that they don't even realize just how empty their lives truly are. How sad, but true, that is.
I feel so sorry for you a lonely sixty something year old who is such a socially inadequate slob.
brits are pants

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

M Go Blow wrote:
<quoted text>...Shithe*d....
Go drown yourself.

South Carolina 33
Michigan 28
FINAL

Way to end the season, losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Pets Forum right now

Search the Pets Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trading standards warn of 'Cameroon Puppy Scam' (Jan '09) 18 hr ABc 74
5 month old Australian Sheperd 21 hr melinda 3
Teacup yorkie puppies for free adoption (Jun '13) Sat VeryConcerned 134
cute and adorable capuchin monkey for adoption ... (Mar '13) Fri KKG 21
How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) Fri Dog Lover 44
Siberian Husky Puppies ( Blue Eyes ) for free a... (Apr '12) Thu Bob 212
free kittens Jul 9 shawn 8
•••
•••