Rabid fox caught near Castlewood

Rabid fox caught near Castlewood

There are 20 comments on the Coalfield.com story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Rabid fox caught near Castlewood. In it, Coalfield.com reports that:

A fox collected July 31 on Route 71 in the Castlewood area has tested positive for rabies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Coalfield.com.

chaco

Grundy, VA

#1 Aug 14, 2013
That rabid fox actually bit a lady on 71 in broad daylight. I understand she has been very sick from it
skip

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 14, 2013
So it was on 71? this is the first Ive heard about it. I dont like that at all I have small children and I leave very close to 71.. more info please!
chaco

Grundy, VA

#3 Aug 14, 2013
This lady was walking down to her mail box around 10 am (i think. The fox jumped off the bank and attacked her, latching onto her ankle and wouldn't turn loose. she started hitting it with a bucket, finally turned her loose, she got it by the tail, throw it over the hill into the road, car came by ran over it. sent it off, it was rabid. Knew it was the same fox because of a place on the side of face where a chunk of flesh had been torn off by probably some other animal fighting with it. Tore her up pretty bad I have heard.
rabid fox my but

Gate City, VA

#4 Aug 14, 2013
BS, No such thing as rabies. Animal control, game wardens made this fairy tail BS up as a way to monitor you and your pets. Get you to register them and pay a fee for a vaccination for your pet. You want to believe, go ahead. If rabies were real, every animal in the woods, every pet on earth and most humans would have it in less than a year. Don't fall for their BS lies, they are just blowing smoke up your but. Yes I have seen some animals that was suspected as being rabid, after killing and examining the animal it turned out being something else. Animals get sick like humans get sick, but that still don't mean they are rabid.
chaco

Grundy, VA

#5 Aug 15, 2013
I hate the government from the top all the way down to the local agencies and all the crap stuff they try to make us believe, and do make us believe just to pad their own pockets. So having said that i tend to believe "you". The only thing is, what would cause a fox that normally comes out at night to be out in the middle of the day and attack someone? Also this woman can't even walk on that foot. Tell me the something else that you said could have been wrong with that fox. Greedy sob's is what's wrong with the US today, goes to show you what our elected officials are.liars and cheats.every one of them, all together in the same boat to hell.
MR GENE

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2013
ANY WILD ANIMAL WILL HUNT AT DAY OR NIGHT IF THEY HAVE BABIES ESPECIALLY. DONT HAVE TO BE RABIED. JUST HUNGRY.I WILL AGREE THAT 99% OF THE TIME THAT THESE OFFICIALS ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE TO GET A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS. I HAVE A SUMMER HOME ON 71 AND WHEN I WAS THERE IN JUNE THERE WAS A RED FOX THAT WOULD COME OUT AND LAY IN THE SUN FOR 2 OR 3 HRS AND THEN GO BACK IN THE WOODS. JUST BEFORE I LEFT SHE HAD 2 PR 3 BABIES COME OUT WITH HER. MAY BE THE SAME ONE. I WILL BE BACK IN ABOUT A WEEK. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
chaco

Grundy, VA

#7 Aug 15, 2013
MR GENE wrote:
ANY WILD ANIMAL WILL HUNT AT DAY OR NIGHT IF THEY HAVE BABIES ESPECIALLY. DONT HAVE TO BE RABIED. JUST HUNGRY.I WILL AGREE THAT 99% OF THE TIME THAT THESE OFFICIALS ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE TO GET A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS. I HAVE A SUMMER HOME ON 71 AND WHEN I WAS THERE IN JUNE THERE WAS A RED FOX THAT WOULD COME OUT AND LAY IN THE SUN FOR 2 OR 3 HRS AND THEN GO BACK IN THE WOODS. JUST BEFORE I LEFT SHE HAD 2 PR 3 BABIES COME OUT WITH HER. MAY BE THE SAME ONE. I WILL BE BACK IN ABOUT A WEEK. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
Thanks for the info, would like to hear more. you have a good day as well.
tpman

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Aug 15, 2013
what are you people smoking?!
chaco

Abingdon, VA

#9 Aug 15, 2013
tpman wrote:
what are you people smoking?!
Why you ask that?
sarah

Morristown, TN

#11 Aug 15, 2013
It is very true I went an seen the lady at the hospital having alot of pain an having to take rabie injections very rough looking
rabid fox my but

Gate City, VA

#12 Aug 15, 2013
As I said believe if you wish, but its all a money racket and a way to keep track of ones pets. The damn hospitals would give you and I injections if we said we were bitten by a rabid animal, even if we were really bitten by a vaccinated animal, they are just trying to make a buck same as animal control is. Most things operated by the government is BS. We The People swallow their lies hook line and sinker. I'm sorry for this lady who ever she is, for falling for these gov and medical scare tactics. Hell, if I didn't feel so strongly about my views of rabies and was bitten by a strange animal myself I too would probably fall for this hospital injection rabies bull crap. Think of the monies needlessly wasted all across this nation yearly on pet registration, shots, tags and a the paper trail. We are paying our leaders to spy, snoop and keep track of us in many ways just like this, just to make us feel safe. As I said, believe if you want. AND Don't forget Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter bunny because they too are real you know?
chaco

Abingdon, VA

#13 Aug 16, 2013
Well I will say this in response to "rabid fox my but", the lady we are talking about has cellulitice in that leg, having nothing to do with rabies. Also the vaccine they give our pets is full of mercury and tons of toxins that can permanently damage our pets brains. Just like what they do to our children with vaccines.
Also since talking about all this I spoke with a man yesterday about an animal thought to be rabid found out what was making it act that way, it had eaten a bunch of corn out of garden and they deemed the all the insecticide from corn had made it sick. Same symptoms as rabies. Again I can't hardly keep from throwing up in every poloticians face every time I come in contact with one. local ones as well!
Its true

Clemmons, NC

#14 Aug 16, 2013
Yes Peggy the lady it happind to is my aunt and yes its true! Idk why you keep sayn its crap the government made up.. Come on by ill take you to see her and then you can tell me it isnt true you SICKO!
chaco

Abingdon, VA

#15 Aug 16, 2013
Its true wrote:
Yes Peggy the lady it happind to is my aunt and yes its true! Idk why you keep sayn its crap the government made up.. Come on by ill take you to see her and then you can tell me it isnt true you SICKO!
Are you a politician? You know if you are one of those christens that uphold the governments or (kingdoms) of this world, federal,state or local, you will have no part of GOD's final kingdom. So keep on believing everything they feed you. SICKO!
Its true

Clemmons, NC

#16 Aug 16, 2013
For your info no I dont belive anything the government says and ive never been much of a religious person eather.. But I do know she got bit by a fox and it wasnt just sick from just eating bad corn... The damn thing was rabid!
chaco

Grundy, VA

#17 Aug 16, 2013
Its true wrote:
For your info no I dont belive anything the government says and ive never been much of a religious person eather.. But I do know she got bit by a fox and it wasnt just sick from just eating bad corn... The damn thing was rabid!
LOL. why are you so upset over this. Nobody really cares about that fox, other than the fact that it bit a person, very nice one too, we just think a lot of the propaganda and BS the "higher up's" feed us
all the time is for their financial gain, that's all. I'll bet you believe terrorist's blew up the twin towers too. Well trust me they did't have a thing to do with it! I would like to know who you are we might be related.
4 real

Morristown, TN

#19 Aug 25, 2013
Rabid Fox? NOooooo. That's Loretta Mays
somebody

Matthews, NC

#20 Aug 26, 2013
They will cut the animals head off and send it for testing their is a such thing a rabies so of u don't believe it when you get bitten see what happens don't worry about the Dr it is just some bs when it kills you we will know who u r research it dummy it is a disease that makes animals crazy they will pitch stagger and foam at the mouth
chaco

Grundy, VA

#22 Aug 27, 2013
somebody wrote:
They will cut the animals head off and send it for testing their is a such thing a rabies so of u don't believe it when you get bitten see what happens don't worry about the Dr it is just some bs when it kills you we will know who u r research it dummy it is a disease that makes animals crazy they will pitch stagger and foam at the mouth
You are a comedian! This is the best post in any of the castlewood forums. My husband and I laughed so hard, I bent double. I'm up this morning reading it again and laughing.
Did you mean for this to be funny or are you just great with making people laugh? Please, please reveal your self I want to get to know you if you live in the castlewood area.
Be informed not stupid

United States

#23 Thursday Nov 22
Do not make important health care decisions based on this forum. Rabies like influenza and chickenpox is a real virus. Rabies is also deadly if you are bitten by an animal please seek medical attention and report it immediately. The people on here talking about government conspiracy are a few bottles short of a six pack. Rabies is rare but definitely real in most areas of the world including ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abandoned guinea pigs rescued in Melbourne; sus... Dec 3 grande jean 1
News Should you buy your Child a Pet Snake? (Jan '10) Oct '18 Wolf child 65
FetchandClaw.com Oct '18 Joe77 1
"Save the Animals" song and video on YouTube by... Oct '18 DoggyWoggy 1
News Welcome to A to Z Pet Shop (Mar '17) Sep '18 NIna 11
News 'Crazy cat lady' curbing Boise's feral feline p... Aug '18 POTUS 45 1
Attn. THEY THINK HURTING ANIMALS IS FUNNY ! Jul '18 Goodman 1