Young illegal immigrants will be elig...

Young illegal immigrants will be eligible for California driver's licenses

There are 67 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Young illegal immigrants will be eligible for California driver's licenses. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

California will issue driver's licenses to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants once the Obama administration grants them work permits, the state Department of Motor Vehicles says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#63 Aug 30, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Americans go to Mexico and drive, why shouldn't we be able to drive here, there's no difference.
Yes we do but we entered the country legally........

But I like the fact that you suggest we treat immigrants like Mexico does....

So when you are caught in the country illegally we take all of your possessions and throw you in a jail for one year and then permanently ban you from returning....

Return again and you get 10 years....

I am all for it.....

Also if you get caught working in Mexico illegally the business owner can lose his business
If someone rents a house to you they can lose their house.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#64 Sep 2, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
An American citizen in Mexico illegally gets to go to jail, not get a driver's license.
Have you ever crossed the border, all you need is a quarter for the turnstile. Many Americans go over and drive all the time, no difference than us coming here.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#65 Sep 2, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever crossed the border, all you need is a quarter for the turnstile. Many Americans go over and drive all the time, no difference than us coming here.
No difference than you coming here?

To answer your question, yes, I've crossed th border several times, legally, I might add which seems to be a concept that eludes you.
I legally crossed with my vehicle too and had no problems driving there.

You, on the other hand, are here illegally. You're driving illegally and I guarantee that if you get caught in my state that will come to a screeching halt. We have our own version of immigration laws.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#66 Sep 3, 2012
Bama Yankee.....if it's good enough for you to drive in Mexico it should be ok for me to drive here right ? I drive very careful, I can't afford insurance on the $14 an hour I make.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#67 Sep 3, 2012
Juan wrote:
Bama Yankee.....if it's good enough for you to drive in Mexico it should be ok for me to drive here right ? I drive very careful, I can't afford insurance on the $14 an hour I make.
No, not at all.

I was in Mexico legally, I had to buy insurance, and I had a valid driver's license.

You aren't here legally, you have no insurance, which, by the way, in my state will get you thrown in jail since you have no driver's license.

The only thing good enough for you is a one way ticket South.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#68 Sep 4, 2012
Keep hopeing Bama Boy.
Smury

Los Angeles, CA

#69 Sep 5, 2012
Damn these Mexicans are destroying our great state. It's beyond repair. Lets all just move and let them turn it into Mexico Hahahaha let's see how that will go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 10,477
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees Wed mjazz 2
News U.S. Life Expectancy Rises to Record Level - AM... (Jan '07) Jul 21 USA 6
News Fraudulent Disability Benefits Claims the Bigge... Jul 19 415 Fourth Avenue 1
News On Social Security, Trump and Pence couldn't be... Jul 17 Synque 20
News For local undocumented immigrants, high court d... Jul 16 Smokey 2
Ok maybe someone knows Jul 14 Tristonsnonna 1
More from around the web