Woman uses fake name, SS number to ge...

Woman uses fake name, SS number to get hospital services

There are 16 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Woman uses fake name, SS number to get hospital services. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

A woman used a fake name and Social Security number to obtain more than $23,489 in services from Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, according to arrest warrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Roberta Janow

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2010
its ashamed that anyone is so desparate to get medical attention, look at all the people who use and abuse the system everyday, and get away with it, I once worked with a woman, who made 700 a week, under the table and got foodstamps, medicaid and everything! if you've worked and got anything, you can forget help when you need it! its not there for people that work or have worked, this is something else that needs reformed!
I agree

Franklin, TN

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Wow, it is amazing what some people will do.
Free Ride

Maryville, TN

#3 Aug 17, 2010
It doesnt surprise me. Heck all the illegals are getting free medical care, might as well apply to all. We are going to be paying for everyone's health care before its over.
Worker

Chattanooga, TN

#4 Aug 21, 2010
Free Ride wrote:
It doesnt surprise me. Heck all the illegals are getting free medical care, might as well apply to all. We are going to be paying for everyone's health care before its over.
If you have worked all your life and then you need help, you don't get it. You have to be illegal or someone who won't work in order to get all these freebies.
wake up suzy

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2010
If we would start reporting these people it may stop or at least slow it down! I dont want to cause anyone a hard time but I am sick of them taking money out of my pay check for these lazy people. We need to start calling and demand them look into it. They will give a story that " we dont have enough man power to look into these cases" That when you say "okay whats your name and title so wene I call to a higher place I can tell them what you told me. I thought we were suppose to report fraud"... Start calling in you don't have to give your name. If these people would go to work we all could get health care at an affordable price.
redneck detective

Franklin, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2010
i know a guy by the name of larry harbin that went to prison for 15yrs for child molestation&got out a year ago,he draws foodstamps&has now applied for disabilty.what a joke!oh did i forget to mention,he now has a newborn baby girl thats 2weeks old.he shouldnt be allowed to be around any child.the mother of his child is vanessa hall.
What

Maryville, TN

#7 Aug 23, 2010
Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have worked all your life and then you need help, you don't get it. You have to be illegal or someone who won't work in order to get all these freebies.
I understand, believe me, I have worked all of my life. I found out a friend of mine was getting 500 a month in foodstamps. Heck I usually only spend around 75-80 a week and use coupons where I can to save. So to hear someone is getting over 500 a month for grocereies on food stamps it makes me wonder who is the smarter one!
JUST ME

Cleveland, TN

#8 Aug 23, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, believe me, I have worked all of my life. I found out a friend of mine was getting 500 a month in foodstamps. Heck I usually only spend around 75-80 a week and use coupons where I can to save. So to hear someone is getting over 500 a month for grocereies on food stamps it makes me wonder who is the smarter one!
Our gov. or whoever works the system needs to walk in our shoes one day, its a shame the working people CAN NOT get help when needed, however these little rips that have kids by different guys (not married of course) get all the help they need- food stamps= to sell, prescritions, free= to sell, doctor visit for the pills=free, dacare for their kids = free, then we have to woek our ass of and barely get buy= NOT RIGHT
OK I feel better now, thank you for listening
FBI

Cleveland, TN

#9 Aug 23, 2010
JUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
Our gov. or whoever works the system needs to walk in our shoes one day, its a shame the working people CAN NOT get help when needed, however these little rips that have kids by different guys (not married of course) get all the help they need- food stamps= to sell, prescritions, free= to sell, doctor visit for the pills=free, dacare for their kids = free, then we have to woek our ass of and barely get buy= NOT RIGHT
OK I feel better now, thank you for listening
I know two that have 3 or 4 kids by one man but don't marry them because the free stuff stops then. But the guy is living in the house though. All they have to do is tell them they don't know who the father is. My opinion is that the mothers are smarter than the welfare workers! No one ever does follow ups on these people. They really don't care as long as they get their paychecks.
hillbilly

Dunlap, TN

#10 Aug 28, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, believe me, I have worked all of my life. I found out a friend of mine was getting 500 a month in food stamps. Heck I usually only spend around 75-80 a week and use coupons where I can to save. So to hear someone is getting over 500 a month for groceries on food stamps it makes me wonder who is the smarter one!
how about the ones getting close to a thousand.woman with 4 kids normal get about 900..and that comes with the tax payer,suppling all the free drugs that the girl can sell..every seen a child on free medical that was not a.d.d. with a host of other problums..plenty of them getting over 1000 dollars of inhalers per month.
John doe

United States

#11 Sep 29, 2011
I'm about to take my uninsured friend to the hospital, and instruct him to use a fake name to get stitches. Our health care system is fucked if it can't help every single person that walks in the door, without injuring them financially worse than they're injured physically. Abuse of the system is the only way to balance the financial burden of medical care in the US. I feel much worse for the patients who have to do this or the ones who decide against treatment as a result of not being able to afford it than I do for you bunch of whining, insensitive imbeciles. I hope you are all diagnosed with a deadly, expensive disease that you can't afford, then lose your job as a result, so that you can see what it's like to live in a perverse system that puts something as meaningless as money before something as important as health. Off to the hospital. Thanks for your tax dollars, assholes.
Bighurt03

Dayton, TN

#12 Sep 29, 2011
Free Ride wrote:
TN doesnt give free health care too illegals.. some states do but not tn.. unless they got kids than i think they are entitled to the same things that citizens are. You people need to get a life and stop downin people cause they weren't lucky enough to be born in the u.s.. Are our lives as U.S. citizens worth more than a man or a woman that's coming here to better their self and their family. I know a lot of illegals and ill tell you this... they work.. thats more than i could say for these lazy ass couch potatoes that wouldn't work in a pie factory tasting pies.I know one who was bit by a spider and in two weeks he was full diabetic needing insulin. he goes to the emergency room every couple weeks cause the infection in his leg... He needs his leg amputated so he could get healthy but he has no insurance. I could tell you more horror stories but you probably wouldn't care. One of them told me in mexico you have to work 12 hours in the fields and be lucky to get ten dollars a day.. shit I would run jump or swim or whatever trying to get here..
linda

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Oct 1, 2011
yep, i know someone who is acrack head,drunk, dead beat dad,stoled fr blind man!he is in prison now, but he signed up for SSI, laughing, his daddy told him get on depression med's act crazy! get acheck!laughing, you must be proud daddy,he gave you 6 grandkids! by 6 different women! you and his mommy raised him ,right!so it's male and female that get free medical, food stamp's and acheck, that you tax payer' pay for! alot of ppl get help that lie to get it! but work odd jobs for cash!
Observer

Sterling, VA

#14 Mar 3, 2014
An illegal alien in our area is using the fake name of Etelvin Caldas to get medical services, and apparently also is using a fake made-up address. Because the house # they used in the address is the same as ours, although the street name does not match ours exactly, the Post Office will not do anything about this. We have been getting a pile of their unpaid medical bills delivered to our address as a result, though no one here used medical services this year. We just keep sending them back to the post office and they keep returning them to us! So now the zombie apocalypse has spread to the Post Office? Time to start looking for a new country, this one is doomed!
Oliver

New York, NY

#15 Jan 30, 2015
John doe wrote:
I'm about to take my uninsured friend to the hospital, and instruct him to use a fake name to get stitches. Our health care system is fucked if it can't help every single person that walks in the door, without injuring them financially worse than they're injured physically. Abuse of the system is the only way to balance the financial burden of medical care in the US. I feel much worse for the patients who have to do this or the ones who decide against treatment as a result of not being able to afford it than I do for you bunch of whining, insensitive imbeciles. I hope you are all diagnosed with a deadly, expensive disease that you can't afford, then lose your job as a result, so that you can see what it's like to live in a perverse system that puts something as meaningless as money before something as important as health. Off to the hospital. Thanks for your tax dollars, assholes.
Well said sir!
Not New York

Oak Ridge, TN

#16 Jan 30, 2015
Oliver: You do realize you're replying to a post from 2011?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 19 hr spud 236
News Undocumented Workers Contribute Billions to SSI... Sun Retribution 37
News Bill would stop Equifax and other credit report... Oct 12 Kasick of Pancakes 1
News Falling for this Myth Means Running Out of Cash... Oct 10 Slimey 1
News EDITORIAL: Study finds a high cost of allowing ... Oct 7 Quirky 3
News Dreamers deserve legislative compromise Oct 7 coco 123
News Bipolar Disorder and Social Security Disability... Sep 27 observe 48
More from around the web