A valued Columbus tradition

A valued Columbus tradition

There are 7 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Oct 23, 2013, titled A valued Columbus tradition. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

On behalf of the Tuskegee-Morehouse Football Classic Committee, I want to personally express my appreciation and thanks to Columbus, Phenix City and Fort Benning for helping to make the 78th annual Tuskegee-Morehouse Footall Classic a success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

Stickler

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Anyone else notice how this event always shows these two schools are not very inclusive?
I both these schools should make it a priority to make their campus look more like a cross section of America.
I think they should challenge themselves to ask the hard questions of why their student body does not comprise more Whites, Hispanics and Asians.
I mean this is 2013 people, time to let's go of the past and embrace all ethnicities and cultures in America, it's past time for Morehouse and Tuskegee.
I would think that the black community would be at the forefront of inclusiveness.
Nadine

Pittsview, AL

#2 Oct 24, 2013
These are historically African-American schools.
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Nadine wrote:
These are historically African-American schools.
Does that mean that historically Confederate-American schools such as Mississippi State could exclude African-Americans ?
Nadine

Pittsview, AL

#4 Oct 25, 2013
Obama Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that historically Confederate-American schools such as Mississippi State could exclude African-Americans ?
Mississippi State was founded in 1878, 13 years after the end of the Civil War and the infamous Confederacy.
Try again.
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#5 Oct 25, 2013
MS. state is attended mostly by Confederate-Americans, people born in the former Confederate states of America. Has nothing to do when it was founded. Blacks can be Confederate- Americans, I dont know any blacks that are true African- Americans, all I know were born in the U.S.
It is OK for blacks to be seperatist and exclusive but not other races.
Nadine

Pittsview, AL

#6 Oct 25, 2013
Obama Mama wrote:
MS. state is attended mostly by Confederate-Americans, people born in the former Confederate states of America. Has nothing to do when it was founded. Blacks can be Confederate- Americans, I dont know any blacks that are true African- Americans, all I know were born in the U.S.
It is OK for blacks to be seperatist and exclusive but not other races.
The Confederacy existed illegally for 4 years while in a state of rebellion. They were never recognized as being a legitimate country by any other country in the world much less the USA. They were soundly beaten and the south was destroyed along with any ideas of the USA ever breaking up into different nations. I enjoy the history of the Civil War because it is America purging itself of evil and strengthening herself as a nation, destroying vile ideas and uniting us into the great nation we are today.
Think about this:
Are people born in Florida or California Spanish Americans since Spain, a LEGITIMATE country once owned the land? Are people born in Louisiana French Americans since France, a legitimate country once owned the land? No, there is no such this as a real Confederate because it never really existed.

African Americans are descendents of Africa, the color of our skin is what confirms this, what was once a stigma is now a source of pride.

Anyone can apply and attend Morehouse or Tuskegee College, no one is excluded for any reason.
Oh, and it's spelled separatist, perhaps you should apply for higher learning.
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Ok. point taken. In that case I guess white people should refer to themselves as European-Americans ? As long as we are devisive and separatist ,LOL, we will never be a "united" states . That is exactly what the elite , politicians, want so we will continue to bicker amongst our own subcultures rather than unite to confront the evils that weaken this country. White against black, poor against rich, workers against employers. We have been brainwashed to believe that all our problems are caused by the other guy or subculture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 8 hr Katrina in Chandler 8,148
Doctors Contracted By Social Security 22 hr acox1017 1
News Over 50 and Looking for Love? New Dating Site f... (Dec '12) Sun Benson 43
News Obama, Truman, and 'Do-Nothing' Congress (Dec '11) Apr 30 Swedenforever 2
News Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers Apr 30 spud 52
News Abortion fight stalls Obama nominee Apr 29 goonsquad 17
social security signup Apr 27 otis3 1
More from around the web