With 2015 budget request, Obama will ...

With 2015 budget request, Obama will call for an end to era of austerity

There are 24 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 21, 2014, titled With 2015 budget request, Obama will call for an end to era of austerity. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The White House says President Barack Obama's upcoming budget proposal will not include his past offer to accept lowered cost-of-living increases in Social Security and other benefit programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
foster

Ashburn, VA

#2 Feb 21, 2014
Republicans only aim is to attack siocial security and medicare to divert funds to further tax cuts for upper income earners.
This is the strategy used to reduce military pensions to reach a budget agreement this year.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3 Feb 21, 2014
foster wrote:
Republicans only aim is to attack siocial security and medicare to divert funds to further tax cuts for upper income earners.
This is the strategy used to reduce military pensions to reach a budget agreement this year.
Lie
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#4 Feb 21, 2014
foster wrote:
Republicans only aim is to attack siocial security and medicare to divert funds to further tax cuts for upper income earners.
This is the strategy used to reduce military pensions to reach a budget agreement this year.
So true.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#5 Feb 21, 2014
Just keep this in mind everyone.

This is all bullshit.

Why they bitch and debate social funding, they continue to give billions to foreign nations under the banner of "foreign aide". But, we are all adults here, so let's call it what it truly is: "Bribes and Payoffs".

They also continue to spend trillions on defense and more than the next 26 nations behind the US. And that is COMBINED.

They also continue to borrow more money from the Federal Reserve at interest in order to give that money away to these entities.

But let's discuss social funding..........

Time to wake up people. Both the Democrats and Republicans are F'ing you without the common courtesy of even giving a reach around.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#6 Feb 21, 2014
My favorite satirical cartoon on the minimum wage is:

"We took the CBO minimum-wage report and did it in reverse.

We lowered the minimum wage, created 500,000 new jobs and pushed 900,000 more people into poverty."
Cat74

Oswego, IL

#7 Feb 21, 2014
Austerity? Raising the debt 9 trillion dollars in a little over 5 1/2 years is "Austerity?" Democrats, and their President are insane.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#8 Feb 21, 2014
What Republicans want reminds me of the old
Soviet System where shortages were shared
equally among the peasants.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#10 Feb 21, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Austerity? Raising the debt 9 trillion dollars in a little over 5 1/2 years is "Austerity?" Democrats, and their President are insane.
Republicans only seem to care about deficits when Democrats
are in office.

Reagan, Bush and Bush ran up about $12 trillion in federal deficits without
so much as a squeak from you Republirats. Hmmmmmm

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#11 Feb 21, 2014
Austerity? Obama doesn't know the MEANING of the word. He11,he's lucky to be able to spell it.
Cat74

Oswego, IL

#12 Feb 21, 2014
He may be able to spell it, but he damn sure doesn't know what it means.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#13 Feb 21, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
He may be able to spell it, but he damn sure doesn't know what it means.
Sh1t... To THAT dumbazz.Austerity is a country in Europe..... I've been around sin ce Ike and I can't recall a more inept SOB to EVER hold the office. I guess NOW I can say I've seen everything.....
foster

Ashburn, VA

#14 Feb 21, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Sh1t... To THAT dumbazz.Austerity is a country in Europe..... I've been around sin ce Ike and I can't recall a more inept SOB to EVER hold the office. I guess NOW I can say I've seen everything.....
That may be to those confused by numbers and illiterate. Obama reduced spending and cut the Bush record deficit of $1.4 trillion by more than half.

Never has a Republican shown such discipline

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#15 Feb 21, 2014
AUSTERITY?
Under Obama, the debt increased almost $7 Trillion! That's over 60% of the entire debt! If the last five years were Obama's idea of austerity, what does the future hold?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#16 Feb 21, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be to those confused by numbers and illiterate. Obama reduced spending and cut the Bush record deficit of $1.4 trillion by more than half.
Never has a Republican shown such discipline
Right.... The ONLY discipline Barry gets is when Michelle slips on the thigh high leather boots,thong and cone bra,grabs her whip and flagellates the Boy blunder..... And he wishes she was a HE..... His azz aches.
Cat74

Oswego, IL

#17 Feb 21, 2014
They are being lied to, and the lo info voter doesn't know where to go to get the truth so they repeat their lies. There is no way Obama spent less then then President Bush. Obama as spent more then all our Presidents from Washington to Clinton combined.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#18 Feb 21, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
They are being lied to, and the lo info voter doesn't know where to go to get the truth so they repeat their lies. There is no way Obama spent less then then President Bush. Obama as spent more then all our Presidents from Washington to Clinton combined.
From George Washington to Bill Clinton left office the debt was $5.8 Trillion. After George Bush was done the debt total was $12 Trillion.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#19 Feb 21, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Right.... The ONLY discipline Barry gets is when Michelle slips on the thigh high leather boots,thong and cone bra,grabs her whip and flagellates the Boy blunder..... And he wishes she was a HE..... His azz aches.
How old are you?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#20 Feb 21, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Catboy you and jumbleboy seem to be judged and clueless! Loll

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#21 Feb 22, 2014
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans only seem to care about deficits when Democrats
are in office.
Reagan, Bush and Bush ran up about $12 trillion in federal deficits without
so much as a squeak from you Republirats. Hmmmmmm
You always live in the past..........no wonder you have no future.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Feb 22, 2014
only oblongo would call adding 1.2 trillion a year to the public debt by reckless spending an 'austerity' program. bizzarro world lives on in DC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 hr Denny CranesPlace 10,477
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees Wed mjazz 2
News U.S. Life Expectancy Rises to Record Level - AM... (Jan '07) Jul 21 USA 6
News Fraudulent Disability Benefits Claims the Bigge... Jul 19 415 Fourth Avenue 1
News On Social Security, Trump and Pence couldn't be... Jul 17 Synque 20
News For local undocumented immigrants, high court d... Jul 16 Smokey 2
Ok maybe someone knows Jul 14 Tristonsnonna 1
More from around the web