Bedroom tax will hit 4,000 west Cumbrian families

Mar 1, 2013 Full story: News and Star

Figures revealed by the News & Star show 2,000 households on housing benefit in Copeland and 1,700 in Allerdale will be hit by the charge, which will affect those in homes with more bedrooms than occupants.

Full Story
Stephen Dawes

Workington, UK

#1 Mar 8, 2013
I have a two bedroom bungalow in a. wheelchair but my cerer needs to stop some time does that mean that I will have to pay for her to stop, this I fined a bit much.
catwoman63

UK

#2 Mar 8, 2013
I have been told that as i dont employ a professional carer to stay over night every night i rely on friends and family they take turns i am not exempt neither can i have a dhp for my adapted house for my disabilities and my wheelchair so we are all being lied to by this government.
I find it really hard to understand how can a so called caring government fail to listen to all the official charities/bodys speaking out at every turn. And still going ahead with this callous policy knowing full well the out come. Expecting people to struggle for 2 years watching them while they gather data just to tell everyone they were wrong. They have court cases pending against this policy it should be put on hold at least till the courts have ruled on this. And if the courts rule in favour of the claiments does that mean dwp will pay back all the money or will they just do what they did to the people they sanctioned last year for the workfare farce and say tough luck we not paying you back. These tory / lib mps have people affected in their constituents that vote so i suggest to them get your heads out the sandpit before you loose every effected voter
catwoman63

UK

#3 Mar 8, 2013
Surely it is up to housing associations to use their housing stock as they deem fit it should not be up to any government to dictate to housing associations on how and who they house in them and setting the length of tenancies. These associations bought the stock from councils so it should be up to them to set out their own rules and regs/tenancies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Next Attorney General Should Make President... Mon thegreatlc33 3
Expelled Nazis paid millions in Social Security Mon Dr Milan Sufflay 1
JUMP TO MORE ON diaperheads (Dec '13) Sat masters techs 53
new ebola hoax Sat masters techs 5
Tips on caring for your aging parents (Feb '14) Oct 17 Zach 8
as if I wouldn be surprised to see them in Tops... Oct 17 yoyolike 1
Daily water allocation could be the next Califo... Oct 16 jimjim 2

Social Security People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE