john faber

Fairport, NY

#1 Jun 19, 2014
Just a question and I thank you in advance. If a man dies, and he has a wife and four kids - one of the kids is his and the others are from another prior relationship...is the widow not entitled to survivor benefits for ALL the children involved? It has been several years now and the family is struggling. I did not realize that the only benefits she is receiving is for the one child and now, if possible, I would urge her to pursue further help from the Social Security Administration. Am I entirely wrong in thinking that she should be receiving more due to her boyfriend's untimely death? Worried sick about the girls and just doing what I can to get them some more help.
john faber

Fairport, NY

#2 Jun 19, 2014
My apologies....I said "has a wife". It was as if they were married but they were only boyfriend and girlfriend at the time of his death.
john faber

Fairport, NY

#3 Jul 3, 2014
Cool. Thank for nothing......
WE PORK HICKS

San Diego, CA

#4 Jul 9, 2014
john faber wrote:
Just a question and I thank you in advance. If a man dies, and he has a wife and four kids - one of the kids is his and the others are from another prior relationship...is the widow not entitled to survivor benefits for ALL the children involved? It has been several years now and the family is struggling. I did not realize that the only benefits she is receiving is for the one child and now, if possible, I would urge her to pursue further help from the Social Security Administration. Am I entirely wrong in thinking that she should be receiving more due to her boyfriend's untimely death? Worried sick about the girls and just doing what I can to get them some more help.
wish you luck on the kids , don't expect much through SSA bigots, in fact there is law pertaining to exactly what your writing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-Sex Marriage Benefits Endorsed on Senate F... 3 hr Marcavage s Trick 31
News Unions Are Increasingly Bargaining To Protect U... 4 hr Cuauhtemotzin 14
News Some 60,000 vets are triple dipping on benefits 5 hr DAR 15
News The Amnesty Numbers Game Jason Richwine 1 hour ... 7 hr spud 3
Good to see more SSA admistration employees mur... (Mar '14) 9 hr shnuffmopiggy 9
More on SSA employee frauds (Nov '13) 9 hr shnuffmopiggy 7
pig swine comunists (Dec '13) 10 hr shnuffmopiggy 13
More from around the web