Question about SS and an estranged hu...

Question about SS and an estranged husband

Posted in the Social Security Forum

Sandie D

Manchester, NH

#1 Feb 2, 2013
I was divorced after 19 years of marraige. I Remarried, it did not work out,we split up, that was 17 years ago. As far as I know we are still legally married. I am 64, can I collect from his SS benefits? How do I go about this? His age is 66 or almost 66. I am assuming since I did remarry I cannot collect from my 1st husbands SS. Any advice would help, I am clueless as to the 1st step I should take. Thanks for any help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers 1 hr YourEx 51
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Responsibility 8,216
News Abortion fight stalls Obama nominee 11 hr goonsquad 17
social security signup Apr 27 otis3 1
News D.C. tried to make it easier for undocumented i... Apr 27 tomin cali 3
News Posting of alleged gang members stirs police co... (Apr '07) Apr 27 Reality 8
News Fire efforts run in red Apr 25 The Sky Is Falling 1
More from around the web