U.S. immigrants decry "scarlet letter...

U.S. immigrants decry "scarlet letter" drivers licenses in North Carolina

There are 3 comments on the wtax.com story from Mar 14, 2013, titled U.S. immigrants decry "scarlet letter" drivers licenses in North Carolina. In it, wtax.com reports that:

North Carolina will begin issuing driver's licenses to some young undocumented immigrants who have temporary permission to stay in the United States, but critics have complained that the look of the licenses amounts to a "scarlet letter" that could invite discrimination.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at wtax.com.

LMAO

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2013
Then leave!
barry

Henagar, AL

#2 Mar 16, 2013
if they have temporary permission to stay then they should not be marked "No Lawful Status".

Alabama will simply mark theirs with an "FN" for foreign national, the same as they would for any legal immigrant who would request and qualify for a dl.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2013
barry wrote:
if they have temporary permission to stay then they should not be marked "No Lawful Status".
Alabama will simply mark theirs with an "FN" for foreign national, the same as they would for any legal immigrant who would request and qualify for a dl.
I hope illegal aliens will remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans already giving Trump's budget a col... 4 min CodeTalker 19
News Trump calls to cut off tax breaks for illegal i... 11 min Rico from East Lo... 4
social security disability cuts ? 1 hr qmuddy2 1
News Trump Budget Aims To Eliminate Tax Credits For ... 8 hr spytheweb 3
News Milbank: Trumpa s cruel budget is merely propag... 12 hr tomin cali 3
News Elijah Cummings Said Democrats Gave Black Peopl... (Aug '16) Tue Royal Norwegian A... 14
Termination of benefits Mon TipsyFromCentralC... 2
More from around the web