Ayotte says Obama budget a not what w...

Ayotte says Obama budget a not what we need for Americaa

There are 91 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 23, 2014, titled Ayotte says Obama budget a not what we need for Americaa. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Sen. Kelly Ayotte on Sunday criticized President Obama's upcoming 2015 budget proposal , which will call for new spending for domestic programs while abandoning a previous plan to slow the cost-of-living increases for Social Security.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Hear Us O Lord

Patchogue, NY

#1 Feb 23, 2014
What we need for America is Divine Intervention in the form of a miriacle.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Feb 23, 2014
What we need in America is about 60% of the congress replaced along with the Trillion Bucks Stops Here Obama.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 23, 2014
Four straight years of lowered yearly deficits, isn't enough?...lol....Leave Obama's strengthening economy alone, especially since everyone watched as teaparty House republican's stalled our recovery as much as they could.....

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#4 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Four straight years of lowered yearly deficits, isn't enough?...lol....Leave Obama's strengthening economy alone, especially since everyone watched as teaparty House republican's stalled our recovery as much as they could.....
No. It is not enough.
The deficit in Obama's first year in office was almost TRIPLE that of any other year. It is still more than double that of any deficit before Obama's.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 23, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is not enough.
The deficit in Obama's first year in office was almost TRIPLE that of any other year. It is still more than double that of any deficit before Obama's.
Geez, someday i hope you figure out whose administration created 2009 budget.....until then, stay on the porch....

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
If it were true yes, but it isn't anymore than Keeping Your Doctor.........is a sure bet..........period.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#7 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Geez, someday i hope you figure out whose administration created 2009 budget.....until then, stay on the porch....
The prices of everything we do has risen big time over the last several years. Given the old people one per cent or less in their social security checks each year while the real costs are up five or six per cent easily is pure agenda driven evil. This will eventually bring the aging people and their younger family members back together again like the old days and of course help to empty more homes and bring a second massive downturn in housing prices. Of course if the real inflation was calculated over the years the deficit would be a few hundred billion dollars higher then now.

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#8 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Geez, someday i hope you figure out whose administration created 2009 budget.....until then, stay on the porch....
The 2009 budget created by Bush included a deficit of just over $400 billion, The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by Obama. By that time, the deficit in the budget had increased to more than $1.4 trillion, more than triple the deficit in the budget proposed by Bush.
Of course, President Obama didn't triple the deficit on his own. He had the help of Congress, including Senator Obama.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#9 Feb 23, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> Keeping Your Doctor.........is a sure bet.
Jumbledboy, our family keeps our doctor..
foster

Ashburn, VA

#10 Feb 23, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is not enough.
The 2009 deficit was the last Bush FY.

Obama first was 2010 and lower than the Bush record deficit
foster

Ashburn, VA

#11 Feb 23, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The prices of everything we do has risen big time over the last several years. Given the old people one per cent or less in their social security checks each year while the real costs are up five or six per cent easily is pure agenda driven evil. This will eventually bring the aging people and their younger family members back together again like the old days and of course help to empty more homes and bring a second massive downturn in housing prices. Of course if the real inflation was calculated over the years the deficit would be a few hundred billion dollars higher then now.
Core inflation since 2010 has been less than 2%.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#12 Feb 23, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>If it were true yes, but it isn't anymore than Keeping Your Doctor.........is a sure bet..........period.
Period?

Then you've not followed Gov Spending all this time. Or unfamilar with numbers.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#13 Feb 23, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Core inflation since 2010 has been less than 2%.
That is to you. Real inflation is what you pay to live. I don't believe most people in government and most people in the media in most ways. Don't even pay attention to them unless I have to.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#14 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Numbers, budgets and Congress protocol confuses Republican supporters.

most do know the Declaration of Indy from the Constitution

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#15 Feb 23, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2009 deficit was the last Bush FY.
Obama first was 2010 and lower than the Bush record deficit
The last budget proposed by Bush, for FY 2009, included a deficit of just over $400 billion, a bit less than the previous year's deficit. Also, my post #8 above.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#16 Feb 23, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2009 budget created by Bush included a deficit of just over $400 billion, The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by Obama. By that time, the deficit in the budget had increased to more than $1.4 trillion, more than triple the deficit in the budget proposed by Bush.
Of course, President Obama didn't triple the deficit on his own. He had the help of Congress, including Senator Obama.
This is not true. No way Obama spent $ 1 trillion in 8 weeks.

count over
foster

Ashburn, VA

#17 Feb 23, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
The last budget proposed by Bush, for FY 2009, included a deficit of just over $400 billion, a bit less than the previous year's deficit. Also, my post #8 above.
You ignore all the spending to try and halt the financial collapse before TARP
foster

Ashburn, VA

#18 Feb 23, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> That is to you. Real inflation is what you pay to live. I don't believe most people in government and most people in the media in most ways. Don't even pay attention to them unless I have to.
Do you know what core pricing is?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#19 Feb 23, 2014
The $400 Billion deficit was just the Continuing Resolution to keep the Gov operating. Bush signed Appropriations for Military and Homeland Security. Then in the beginning of Oct the American financial system completely collapsed forcing unprecented spending up to passing TARP and taking over Banks and the Automobile industry.

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#20 Feb 23, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true. No way Obama spent $ 1 trillion in 8 weeks.
count over
You saying it's not true doesn't make it untrue.
Facts are facts, though.
Of course, Obama did not spend the entire year's funding in 8 weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Applying for Social Security disability insuran... (Jun '13) 1 hr Faylinn 2
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr DayStar__ 11,292
News Why it Matters: Social Security Wed WeTheSheeple 15
News Paul Ryan's plan to fix the economy Sep 25 Captain Yesterday 21
News Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) Sep 22 Mr-Smilley 110
News From Undocumented Immigrant to Wall St. Exec Sep 21 tomin cali 1
News Poliquin calls for Social Security reform to he... Sep 21 longtail 1
More from around the web