Planning Commission says yes to closi...

Planning Commission says yes to closing Third St.

There are 23 comments on the Portsmouth Daily Times story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Planning Commission says yes to closing Third St.. In it, Portsmouth Daily Times reports that:

The members of the City Planning Commission, voted unanimously Tuesday to close Third Street between Gay Street and Waller Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portsmouth Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angry Downtown Senior

Portsmouth, OH

#28 Feb 24, 2013
Glad I saw this. My lease in one of the downtown senior apartments will be up in two months. It's already crazy down here with next to no parking and some of the brain-damaged children that are now SSU students. I really feel sorry for parents that are sending their kids there when in reality the kids are so damaged (at least I hope that's what it is) that they can't even figure out how to cross the street without almost causing an accident. Back during one of the days where there were slippery roads, I and a friend were driving down Third very cautiously when suddenly a pack of the brain damaged students (including one trying to balance 3 laundry baskets on top of each other) just sauntered out in front of the car then stood there glaring at us as we tried to stop and keep from hitting the idiots. Heaven help us if these people really are the future. At least I'll probably be dead before they ever get out of SSU - they shouldn't have even made it out of high school.
Concerned

Portsmouth, OH

#31 Feb 25, 2013
For all you people who are against closing Third Street, there is a City Council meeting tonight and on the second and fourth Mondays of the month. Come to council and voice your opinions. That is where it could count. If you stay home and say nothing it will definitely close. This came up a couple of years ago and council voted against it. Writing on here does nothing. Come out and let them know how many citizens are opposed to this.
Senior Citizen

Portsmouth, OH

#32 Feb 26, 2013
Concerned wrote:
For all you people who are against closing Third Street, there is a City Council meeting tonight and on the second and fourth Mondays of the month. Come to council and voice your opinions. That is where it could count. If you stay home and say nothing it will definitely close. This came up a couple of years ago and council voted against it. Writing on here does nothing. Come out and let them know how many citizens are opposed to this.
Thank you for the information. I think I'll get some neighbors to go along too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BHS, Medicaid Insurers Set Enrollment Fairs 1 hr Bibi Netanyahu 3
News New and Totally Bizarre Baby Names 9 hr Spotted Girl 9
News The economic benefits of immigration reform are... 18 hr wild child 1
News South Allegheny school board member and wife ac... (Sep '13) 23 hr Hobo Jim 207
News Lost generations Thu bac ky d d d lim my 12
News APNewsBreak: IRS says thieves stole tax info fr... May 27 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
News U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Den... May 27 wild child 1
More from around the web