7-Eleven raids lead to many arrests: ...

7-Eleven raids lead to many arrests: Suspects created 'modern-day plantation'

There are 9 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jun 17, 2013, titled 7-Eleven raids lead to many arrests: Suspects created 'modern-day plantation'. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

A rush of 7-Eleven raids in New York and Virginia lead to multiple arrests and store seizures over immigration issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

El Cid

Austin, TX

#1 Jun 17, 2013
Hrdly a modern day plantation since illegal aliens came to this country willingly and are paid for their work, whereas slaves were brought here unwillingly and not paid for their work. No distinction at all.
Illegal aliens are criminals whereas slaves were victims.
ronnie

Provo, UT

#2 Jun 17, 2013
My best friend brought this up yesterday. He said if all employer's and Company owners were closed down today. Illegal immigration would end immediately. It really sounds simple, but it's true. If ICE continues to search out these business's and root out the illegals, they'd go home. Wish we could get someone in Washington with a decent outlook on this to push that part of reform harder...
Employer

San Jose, CA

#3 Jun 17, 2013
It's not that simple, employers will move their companies else where. Plenty of them moved to Asia and Mexico. Notice everything now days in made in China? They get paid about $20.00 per day here will be at least minimum wage. By not hiring American citizen employers do save tons of money.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#4 Jun 17, 2013
Illegal immigration and the CRIME of identity theft in the same breath-AGAIN!

'Undocumented' immigrants-a rarety. A fraud committing document falsifying illegal immigrant maybe.

If an American Citizen commits the CRIME of identity theft they will get more than deported.

Funny how this happend in the corporate world of 7-11 and not on a farm or construction site. As pointed out if you come down on the employers of ILLEGAL immigrants the problem would stop and but quick. I know people who work or worked at 7-11, these are mainstream job Americans will take.
employer

San Jose, CA

#5 Jun 17, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Illegal immigration and the CRIME of identity theft in the same breath-AGAIN!
'Undocumented' immigrants-a rarety. A fraud committing document falsifying illegal immigrant maybe.
If an American Citizen commits the CRIME of identity theft they will get more than deported.
Funny how this happend in the corporate world of 7-11 and not on a farm or construction site. As pointed out if you come down on the employers of ILLEGAL immigrants the problem would stop and but quick. I know people who work or worked at 7-11, these are mainstream job Americans will take.
Illegal aliens get deported, American citizen get jail time as they are usa citizens. They can't hire illegal aliens any more not with the E-verify. Those who do not pass the E-verify are not hire and if they're already working there-I their SS and names do not match companies fire them.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#6 Jun 17, 2013
employer wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens get deported, American citizen get jail time as they are usa citizens. They can't hire illegal aliens any more not with the E-verify. Those who do not pass the E-verify are not hire and if they're already working there-I their SS and names do not match companies fire them.
Sounds like upto 40 7-11 franchise owners circumvented things including E-verify with the stolen social security numbers. The illegals appear coached and possibly coerced to work for the owners. Upto FOURTY 7-11s, with this number it has happend before and will happen again.
employer

San Jose, CA

#7 Jun 17, 2013
It's not that easy as they need to match driver license photo, but I suppose not impossible.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#8 Jun 21, 2013
ronnie wrote:
My best friend brought this up yesterday. He said if all employer's and Company owners were closed down today. Illegal immigration would end immediately. It really sounds simple, but it's true. If ICE continues to search out these business's and root out the illegals, they'd go home. Wish we could get someone in Washington with a decent outlook on this to push that part of reform harder...
Much of it would stop but the breeders would still come to have their Jackpot Babies. They would continue to take up space in public housing and collect SNAP/welfare off of their American born child. Theyw ould continue to file taxes using an ITN or stolen SS# and collect tax returns, the last numbers put out bythe IRS were just over 4 Billion paid to illegal aliens claiming child credits for their American born children in 2010. This was up from 750 Million in 2005.
Misunderestimate Me

Mesa, AZ

#9 Jun 21, 2013
ronnie wrote:
My best friend brought this up yesterday. He said if all employer's and Company owners were closed down today. Illegal immigration would end immediately. It really sounds simple, but it's true. If ICE continues to search out these business's and root out the illegals, they'd go home. Wish we could get someone in Washington with a decent outlook on this to push that part of reform harder...
Not gonna happen. As long as the Republican Party and their corporate masters in the American Chamber of Commerce fight for more "guest workers" that'll overstay their visas and drop anchors.

The Demos may not do much about those illegals already here but at least they're not fighting to bring more in like the Republicans are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Social Security disability fund projected to ru... Wed LBJOCKJOCK 89
2016 medicare part b premium increase Wed john 1
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... Wed Bakker 205
News Personal finance Q&A: Installment loan debt vs.... Jul 26 conrad tyler 1
News Undocumented Immigrants are victims, not crimin... Jul 25 Masters crew 413
News Woman accused of shooting firearms instructor d... Jul 25 Masters crew 2
News Meet the 93-year-old woman who still works 5 da... Jul 25 Elise 1
More from around the web