Expert: More dying trying to cross bo...

Expert: More dying trying to cross border

There are 13 comments on the Springfield News-Leader story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Expert: More dying trying to cross border. In it, Springfield News-Leader reports that:

One consequence of beefed up security along the United States-Mexico border, primarily focused on urban hubs, is that an average of one person a day is dying while trying to make the journey across deadly terrain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News-Leader.

American American

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Sep 26, 2012
They should have remained in THEIR country!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Again more proof that enforcement works.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#3 Sep 26, 2012
Oh well,
tough tittys. Stay outa the fire andya wont get burnt.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2012
what this tells me is that enforcement will save lives as will harsh penalties and a huge crack down.

when these folks get word they can get no handouts or work they will stop coming add in those who are working here get purged from those jobs and it will save lives.

they will stop coming here. save lives by enforcing the laws on the books. obama and his shamnesty even though it is for 2 years all see it as a free ride so here starts the flood.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#5 Sep 26, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
what this tells me is that enforcement will save lives as will harsh penalties and a huge crack down.
when these folks get word they can get no handouts or work they will stop coming add in those who are working here get purged from those jobs and it will save lives.
they will stop coming here. save lives by enforcing the laws on the books. obama and his shamnesty even though it is for 2 years all see it as a free ride so here starts the flood.
What gets me is the pro-illegals keep encouraging people to cross illegally just so they can gain political and economic power and when people die trying they blame it on those who try to prevent people from trying to cross illegally in the first place. It is like waving steaks in the air when there is a pack of hungry dogs on the other side of a busy highway then blaming the drivers that hit them as they cross.
sba131

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Another day another dead criminal

Location hidden

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
What gets me is the pro-illegals keep encouraging people to cross illegally just so they can gain political and economic power and when people die trying they blame it on those who try to prevent people from trying to cross illegally in the first place. It is like waving steaks in the air when there is a pack of hungry dogs on the other side of a busy highway then blaming the drivers that hit them as they cross.
that sums up the illegal alien supporters in a nutshell. too bad a "good" media source doesn't use your post.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
And today Presedente Calderon spoke at the UN. He talked about the great Educational changes in mexico. And now they also have free health care. He talked and talked about how wonderful his Country is becoming, all the while I thought, okay then why can't you stop the flow of your people leeching off us. Mexico has a rich Country. They have resources, so again why does he print pamphlets up and send his poor here. He talked about new debit cards issued to his people for free food. Well Juan, it Doesn't sound so bad..... go home.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 26, 2012
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text> And today Presedente Calderon spoke at the UN. He talked about the great Educational changes in mexico. And now they also have free health care. He talked and talked about how wonderful his Country is becoming, all the while I thought, okay then why can't you stop the flow of your people leeching off us. Mexico has a rich Country. They have resources, so again why does he print pamphlets up and send his poor here. He talked about new debit cards issued to his people for free food. Well Juan, it Doesn't sound so bad..... go home.
are you sure he is not talking about what his people are getting here? not too long ago obama was talking to them about foodtamps.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#10 Sep 27, 2012
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text> And today Presedente Calderon spoke at the UN. He talked about the great Educational changes in mexico. And now they also have free health care. He talked and talked about how wonderful his Country is becoming, all the while I thought, okay then why can't you stop the flow of your people leeching off us. Mexico has a rich Country. They have resources, so again why does he print pamphlets up and send his poor here. He talked about new debit cards issued to his people for free food. Well Juan, it Doesn't sound so bad..... go home.
Just think how great our country could be if we exported all of our criminals, mentally ill, ignorant and just plain lazy people like Mexico is doing.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 27, 2012
A foreseeable consequence of illegally crossing hostile areas.
sba131

United States

#12 Sep 27, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think how great our country could be if we exported all of our criminals, mentally ill, ignorant and just plain lazy people like Mexico is doing.
Good post.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Good, the more the merrier, leave the bodies as buzzards goota eat, same as worms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 23 min Born USA 10,466
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees 18 hr mjazz 2
News U.S. Life Expectancy Rises to Record Level - AM... (Jan '07) Jul 21 USA 6
News Fraudulent Disability Benefits Claims the Bigge... Jul 19 415 Fourth Avenue 1
News On Social Security, Trump and Pence couldn't be... Jul 17 Synque 20
News For local undocumented immigrants, high court d... Jul 16 Smokey 2
Ok maybe someone knows Jul 14 Tristonsnonna 1
More from around the web