South Allegheny school board member and wife accused of stealing from teen

Sep 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WPXI

A Port Vue teenager said Friday that he wants what is his, namely more than $50,000 authorities claim a South Allegheny School Board member and his wife stole from an account funded by the estate of the boy's deceased father.

Comments
1 - 20 of 207 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2014
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Hope they go to jail. But you know that won't happen.
Sandy

Eighty Four, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

QueSeraSera is NOT French wrote:
Hope they go to jail. But you know that won't happen.
This is insane how people get away with this kind of behavior.
Secret agent man

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Everyone is only getting one side of the story, HIS. I know the family and the rest of the story. Before people start judging the Millers they should check the facts.
meeeeee

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

I agree with Sounds Strange, But who sets the amount you can take.
foster child

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

If he is legally considered a foster child which basically it sounds like that's what he is, then the county already pays them $20 per day for his room and board and he gets free healthcare through the state
foster care

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

what does it take to feed and clothe a child today? 25 dollars a day for just meals seems reasonable so lets do the math.....25x30 days a month =$750 thats just for meals.......... dentist appts, eating out? transportation,school lunches,entertainment,ect,ect.
Sounds Strange

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

meeeeee wrote:
I agree with Sounds Strange, But who sets the amount you can take.
I would suspect that one who is prudent would keep all the receipts for the child's care except perhaps for groceries that could be comingled with the husband and wife's food shopping trips.

We got the hear the Miller's side of this before anyone starts making unfounded accusations or opinions and judgments.

I am sure it will sort out in the future and become more clear what happened illegally, if anything.
Fostercare

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

All foster children get free school lunches and free dental. These parents aren't spending $25 a day on him. They are paying to heat their house whether he's in it or not. Same for electric. Okay he eats dinner at home. Are they serving him a steak for dinner every night? Give me a break!! If he needs braces they aren't paying for them...You and I and every taxpayer are. These people need to be held accountable!
foster care wrote:
what does it take to feed and clothe a child today? 25 dollars a day for just meals seems reasonable so lets do the math.....25x30 days a month =$750 thats just for meals.......... dentist appts, eating out? transportation,school lunches,entertainment,ect,ect.
Fostercare

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Would the Miller's have agreed to be his legal guardian if he didn't have that $50,000 left to him by his father??? That's the question>
Dr Know

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fostercare wrote:
All foster children get free school lunches and free dental. These parents aren't spending $25 a day on him. They are paying to heat their house whether he's in it or not. Same for electric. Okay he eats dinner at home. Are they serving him a steak for dinner every night? Give me a break!! If he needs braces they aren't paying for them...You and I and every taxpayer are. These people need to be held accountable!
<quoted text>
So if the child is using lights in his room, tv, playstation adding water and sewage he uses, snacks at home ,soda, ice cream,dessert,chips,? eating 3 times a day isnt all that we eat.At 19 he should be out trying to get a job ...by rights a parent or guardian can kick the kid out of the home,unless previous accomodations are written somewhere, they have to keep him until he's 21. I dont know the whole story,do you? I really cant see the kid living on $1600 a month or anyone else .Im sure there are folks out there that do it, but their spending resources are kind of limited,dont you think?
Miss Liberty

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

I don't now all the details but my son used to be friends with Matt and was at the Millers home ,So I will state what I do know. The Millers got Matt a Toyota truck, quad, Go kart and took him on cruises. I also know the matt traveled the country with the Millers son racing. My son was also at the big party the millers had for one of his birthdays. So I also know the Millers had him from 2007. That's all I know, as far as how the court set up the funds only the judge and Millers know.
My Observations

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Miss Liberty wrote:
I don't now all the details but my son used to be friends with Matt and was at the Millers home ,So I will state what I do know. The Millers got Matt a Toyota truck, quad, Go kart and took him on cruises. I also know the matt traveled the country with the Millers son racing. My son was also at the big party the millers had for one of his birthdays. So I also know the Millers had him from 2007. That's all I know, as far as how the court set up the funds only the judge and Millers know.
Just using some quick math, we got to commend the Millers for their skills in managing his account. They sure got a lot for him and his keep from his inheritance and monthly SS. It seems to me that the kid may owe the Millers some change.

I know no one connected and have no dog in the race, but I sure like to hear the Miller side of the story.
Fostercare

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Yeah I wonder who or should I say what paid for that Toyota truck, quad, GoKart and those family cruises??? I wonder how the "big birthday party" for him was funded? Parents do things for their children. If you are stepping in and saying, in the absence of his, you will be his parents. Foster care what's all this about $25 a day to eat!!! You better start shopping at Bottom Dollar if that is what you seriously pay for a teenager to eat!!! My lord I have 3 teenagers and using your logic it would cost me 25x3=$75 per day $75x30days=$2250 per month FOR FOOD!!! Get real!!!
Mouse

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Faux Frank, Just interested why you would bash a construction company that has nothing to do with this topic. It is bad enough your bashing good people in the first place.
Miss Liberty

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

I am pretty sure we all know who Frank Faux is,lol.
Ohk

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

It is clear that both sides of the story are not being heard but it says that they were to "recieve and MANAGE his social security survivors benefits" not to spend all the kids money. It also says "and performing all other finacial duties" the Millers choose to take the boy in so now it is all his fault that they used his money? Bulls**t ! How would any of you people feel if your boss paid you with the money in your own bank account ?? Probably wouldnt like that very much. Ironic it costs them $50,000 for about two years to take care of this boy which is about $25,000 a year. People are making $60,000 a year supporting a family of 6 . No where close to what the Millers Are suspected to have spent of this boys money over the period of time. Something here is wrong and they deserve anything comming there way that relates to these charges if found guilty.
Ohk

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

And if the Millers bought him stuff that is on them . If they paid for it and gave it to him it is a gift . Just like vacations , they choose to take him on vacation so using that to justify their actions doesn't really work.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
The Millers are WONDERFUL i undrline WONDRFUL people. This kid is a complete loser and would have living on the streets if it was'nt for the Millers. They gave him EVERYTHING. He screwed them over and now has nothing and is desperate. Good luck with your lawsuit MORON!!!!!!!!!!
You must be the only person who thinks so because the Allegheny county sheriffs department doesn't think so and i don't know any good people who are being tried on 4 felony charges and 1 mist minor

and their is no lawsuit they went against a court order in orphans court where the money was to be put in an interest bearing account with his name only. not a checking account to go to sams club with and spend his money on food for their confession stand at their race track they own. where he worked for 20 dollars a day paid to him with his own money might i add
Miss Liberty

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

It is very clear you know matt very well ,if you know about a race track and he was paid 20.00 ,in fact I think you may be the boy he lived with. However I know the family and my son was friends with Matt until I stopped it. The sheriffs only know what Matt told them, and as someone has said Matt is a compulsive liar. We will all see when it goes before the court. You seem to know a lot of facts not in the paper, Just makes me wonder if your jealous of the Millers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••