Chained CPI: The Sneaky, Complicated ...

Chained CPI: The Sneaky, Complicated Idea That Could End the Fiscal Cliff Showdown-Explained

There are 2 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Dec 13, 2012, titled Chained CPI: The Sneaky, Complicated Idea That Could End the Fiscal Cliff Showdown-Explained. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

What if I told you we could raise taxes, cut entitlement spending, and break the cliff stalemate for good, by changing one obscure policy? Ladies and gentlemen: Meet chained CPI.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Dec 13, 2012
And who pays the piper for "chained CPI?"

The working poor, middle classs, and elderly.

Just More trickle down.
questioner

Menard, TX

#2 Dec 14, 2012
Notice the numerious posts on other topics on Topix. The Chained CPI, if adopoted, will have a big impact on the Average American but there it doesn't seem anyone is interested.

Folk ough to think about this issue, and in the light of McFalls' Maxim:
"No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts.
Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix immigrant deported to Mexico amid protests 4 min Diana Ross n the ... 170
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr USA 15,731
News Illegal immigrants being fired in face of feder... (Jan '08) Sun photog 260
News Suspected illegal immigrant indicted after arre... Sat spytheweb 1
News '19 Kids and Counting' co-star pregnant for sec... Sat Texxy the Selfie Cat 2
News Court overturns Kansas judge who allowed undocu... Feb 17 USA 94
News The Left Needs to Assess the Implications of th... Feb 16 USA Today 1
More from around the web