Revenue must be part of any budget deal: Harry Reid

Feb 3, 2013 Full story: Reuters 91

The top Senate Democrat said on Sunday tax revenue must be part of any deal to replace looming automatic spending cuts, despite Republican warnings that they will not buckle over this issue after conceding on tax rises for the rich a month ago.

Full Story

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#70 Feb 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the budget passed that you are deriving your numbers from.........no budget no accounting.
LOL! As if we have to have a budget passed to know what our spending is, you utter and complete moron!

That's a new low in intellectual activity even for you, au Jimbo.:)

Progress, not Denial

#71 Feb 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And my comment was meant to indicate your POV is ignorant.
And yet you insist that you can raise taxes and cut spending and not reverse course into another recession, a virtual economic impossibility.

No, it's not ME who is ignorant here, sorry.

Progress, not Denial

#72 Feb 6, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
Bend over people. You were self loathing enough to let the far left of Castro crowd keep control of the Senate and the White House. Now the least you can do is look your kids in the eyes and tell them that you screwed them out of their chance at a decent future.
Pay Up Suckers!!
Get help for your mental condition. It seems to be deteriorating.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#73 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you insist that you can raise taxes and cut spending and not reverse course into another recession, a virtual economic impossibility.
No, it's not ME who is ignorant here, sorry.
I never said it wouldn't possibly cause another recession, I just said we need to do it regardless.

Progress, not Denial

#74 Feb 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it wouldn't possibly cause another recession, I just said we need to do it regardless.
I'll have to revise my previous estimation....THAT was the most ignorant thing I've yet heard from you.

Bringing ourselves out of recession and into prosperity will lead to increased revenues and a declining deficit, just as falling INTO recession helped INCREASE the deficit. That's true at all levels.

There is no particular need for our or ANY government to have a "balanced budget." You don't get extra bonus prizes for it, sorry.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#75 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
More revenue and less wasteful spending, especially on "Defense," have to go hand in hand. But err on the side of more spending when you're in a recession. If Republicans are too stupid to understand this and continue to fight for cuts, cuts, and more cuts, we will be back in a recession.
And they will blame Obama. And they will be lying, as usual.
So your PHD was not in economics was it?

Progress, not Denial

#76 Feb 6, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>So your PHD was not in economics was it?
I don't have a PhD...just like you don't have a rebuttal, or a clue.

;)
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#77 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to revise my previous estimation....THAT was the most ignorant thing I've yet heard from you......BLAH,FART,FART.....
Where in the whole wide world did you ever get the deluded idea that anybody on here gives a sh*t what you think? You are clinically deluded and are a danger to others unless you're institutionalized already hopefully.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#78 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to revise my previous estimation....THAT was the most ignorant thing I've yet heard from you.
Bringing ourselves out of recession and into prosperity will lead to increased revenues and a declining deficit, just as falling INTO recession helped INCREASE the deficit. That's true at all levels.
There is no particular need for our or ANY government to have a "balanced budget." You don't get extra bonus prizes for it, sorry.
Then why not just spend $100 trillion a year and cut taxes to $0?

Progress, not Denial

#79 Feb 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why not just spend $100 trillion a year and cut taxes to $0?
This is why I see it as pointless to argue with you - you simply come up with absurdities like this instead of rational answers.

Go away.

Progress, not Denial

#80 Feb 6, 2013
the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the whole wide world did I ever get the deluded idea that anybody on here gives a sh*t what I think? I'm clinically deluded and a danger to others unless I'm institutionalized. I'm already hopefully being kept away from underaged kids.
Hopefully. But I agree about your institutionalization.

Location hidden

#81 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a PhD...just like you don't have a rebuttal, or a clue.
;)
Oh I have several, but I prefer to find out how people, like you, who indicate we can spend our way into a recovery by continuing to add debt upon debt, and.......... walla, Prosperity, I mean how does that work?

Progress, not Denial

#82 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Oh I have several, but I prefer to find out how people, like you, who indicate we can spend our way into a recovery by continuing to add debt upon debt, and.......... walla, Prosperity, I mean how does that work?
Look up "Keynesian Economics" sometime and educate yourself, bonehead. It's not my job to think for you.

And the word is "voilą," BTW....:)

Location hidden

#83 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up "Keynesian Economics" sometime and educate yourself, bonehead. It's not my job to think for you.
And the word is "voilą," BTW....:)
Very well, you apparently haven't the foggiest idea what the hell you are talking about and apparently have no interest in discussing the folly of your apparent convictions, but would prefer to be correct ones spellings instead. So you fall into the category, Leftwing troll! Have a nice life!
Patriotic Democrat

AOL

#84 Feb 6, 2013
Maybe residual mental defects from the Atomic testing in the '50's rotted their brains and robbed them of their souls? What else could explain Nevada electing Reid?

If it is any consultation, Nevada children will suffer as much from Reid's extortion agenda driven madness as the children in the other states. Ouch!

Progress, not Denial

#85 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Very well, you apparently haven't the foggiest idea what the hell you are talking about and apparently have no interest in discussing the folly of your apparent convictions, but would prefer to be correct ones spellings instead. So you fall into the category, Leftwing troll! Have a nice life!
So you post some vague, unsupported claims...can't rebut anything I say to you or ask you...continue to blame the problem on me...and now you're running away and calling out "troll."

Gotcha. Time-honored techniques for the clueless to save face. Don't worry, I've seen it plenty of times before from your kind!

Heh

Progress, not Denial

#86 Feb 6, 2013
Patriotic Democrat wrote:
Maybe residual mental defects from the Atomic testing in the '50's rotted their brains and robbed them of their souls? What else could explain Nevada electing Reid?
If it is any consultation [sic], Nevada children will suffer as much from Reid's extortion agenda driven madness as the children in the other states. Ouch!
You're ot a real Democrat, are you? But you are certainly a real wackjob.

Wishing evil upon children on a partisan basis is just sick. Here's hoping your evil wishes come back on you a hundredfold.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#87 Feb 6, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
Pay Up Suckers!!
Wonder if Bush-baby said that when he took our country into two unpaid for wars?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#88 Feb 6, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
don't worry, nobody will be beating a path the the frozen tundra of the north, wherever you live, Minn or Wisc, whichever...but when you get ready to retire to Florida, bring money, yankees are easier to pick than cotton, peanuts, peaches, oranges.
We had a beautiful snow this morning. That isn't going to happen much in Florida. I do know some who retired to Florida, they died much too young.
Those who stay in the great states (with snow) seem to live much longer. Maybe it's the lack of health care in Florida.

I went to Florida once on a business trip. It was 20 below in Minnesota, and about 65 in Florida, slightly raining. With an 85 degree jump in temperature, we put the top down on our convertible rental car. Yes, everyone looked at us like we were crazy, so I suppose that did stand out a bit.

Location hidden

#89 Feb 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
So you post some vague, unsupported claims...can't rebut anything I say to you or ask you...continue to blame the problem on me...and now you're running away and calling out "troll."
Gotcha. Time-honored techniques for the clueless to save face. Don't worry, I've seen it plenty of times before from your kind!
Heh
Your simply a liar! I posted no claims, supported or otherwise, I asked questions, got no answers and do you really think you are that important I would have to consider saving face on an anonymous forum? Please! You simply supported my position you merely a left wing troll who lacks substance and balls!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Security Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Manchester's Manuel Ochoa, immigration chan... Tue Le Jimbo 1
Lawmakers hope FEMA will waive reimbursements Mon Cordwainer Trout 2
Ryan set for collision course with Obama Mon Le Jimbo 8
Obama's immigration plan: Too far or not far en... Nov 22 Le Jimbo 14
Executive Action Benefits Immigrants in the Sho... Nov 21 wild child 1
Michelle Malkin: A Mass Pardon for Identity Thi... Nov 20 Le Jimbo 4
South Allegheny school board member and wife ac... (Sep '13) Nov 20 no vote 208

Social Security People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE