Immigration reform would help Colorado

Aug 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

As a Colorado-based immigration attorney for more than 35 years, I am disappointed and frustrated by the resistance to immigration reform in the House of Representatives.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2013

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 3, 2013
 
why should we approve an open amnesty that is not beneficial for the usa?

that bottomline, is the question.
Mayela

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Anti-Immigration Lobby is Racist

If they’re here and being productive members of society, let’s give them an easy pathway to citizenship. If they want to come here, let’s give them visas. Because that’s the humane, sensible thing to do, right? The South Koreans, are seeking–and will likely get–similar special considerations in the bill. Word is that Tibet, Hong Kong, are also jockeying for such treatment.

I mean, hey, they just want to come enjoy the American dream, right? And besides, they’re gonna come anyway, so let’s just make it easier for them, right? And sure, we’ll let the South Koreans in, because Asians are smart, right? And don’t they make good food? Sure, let them in! No problem!

They want to let in everybody EXCEPT brown people from south of the border?

In the meantime, if you’re an illegal immigrant from any place that isn’t Mexico or Central America, the very same Republican demagogues who attack Hispanic immigrants want to give you a free pass and a high-five.

Racist? Yes, racist.

http://www.bluethenation.com/2013/07/02/proof...

Yes siree(, Bob)!
Absolutely!; Without a doubt!
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Yes+siree !

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mayela wrote:
Anti-Immigration Lobby is Racist
If they’re here and being productive members of society, let’s give them an easy pathway to citizenship. If they want to come here, let’s give them visas. Because that’s the humane, sensible thing to do, right? The South Koreans, are seeking–and will likely get–similar special considerations in the bill. Word is that Tibet, Hong Kong, are also jockeying for such treatment.
I mean, hey, they just want to come enjoy the American dream, right? And besides, they’re gonna come anyway, so let’s just make it easier for them, right? And sure, we’ll let the South Koreans in, because Asians are smart, right? And don’t they make good food? Sure, let them in! No problem!
They want to let in everybody EXCEPT brown people from south of the border?
In the meantime, if you’re an illegal immigrant from any place that isn’t Mexico or Central America, the very same Republican demagogues who attack Hispanic immigrants want to give you a free pass and a high-five.
Racist? Yes, racist.
http://www.bluethenation.com/2013/07/02/proof...
Yes siree(, Bob)!
Absolutely!; Without a doubt!
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Yes+siree !
hey, may. you are not listening. I'm not white. and I don't want the illegals here. PERIOD.

I don't care what color they are. if they are ILLEGAL, they have absolutely no business being in the usa.

I want them all deported. every single one of them.

ARE YOU LISTENING, YOU POS?
Mayela

Fairburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Asian American Gangs

In recent years, the issue of Asian American youth gangs has gotten a lot of attention from the media and law enforcement.

Asian youth gangs may also have connections to, or even be controlled by larger and more formal Asian organized crime groups who themselves manage elaborate prostitution, gambling, smuggling (including illegal aliens), extortion, and other gang activities around the world (i.e., Chinese "triads" or "tongs").

But their specialty, for which they've received a lot of media and law enforcement attention, is a type of robbery called a "home invasion." Home invasions occur when the gang breaks into family's home or small business, tie up all the family members, and terrorize them until the family produces valuables or money. Common tactics include beatings, torture, and the raping of female family members.

Asian youth gangs almost always target Asian families for home invasions because these families are less likely to report such crimes to the police. Such publicity would also bring "shame" to their community, which goes against the families' social conditioning.

The family may also fear retaliation from the gang if they report the home invasion to the authorities. Victims who are in the U.S. illegally also worry that they may be deported if they report crimes committed against them. In fact, a recent study by the Department of Justice found that among all the major racial/ethnic groups, Asian Americans are the least likely to report violent crimes committed against themselves to the police.

Further, recent Asian immigrants are more likely to keep their valuables and money hidden somewhere inside their house or business instead of keeping them in a bank. Either way, Asian gangs exploit these cultural elements to victimize their own community.

Other crimes favored by Asian youth gangs may include prostitution, laundering counterfeit money (i.e., printing phony currency, going out to buy something, then returning that item to get real cash in return), selling drugs, and those based on using modern high-tech methods, such as identity theft and credit card fraud.
http://www.asian-nation.org/gangs.shtml

Witness Intimidation

In some Asian cultures, for example, intimidation is a key feature of gang-related extortion and gang members have a reputation for ruthlessness. Coupled with a fear of deportation and a lack of understanding of the role of police, such social experiences can lead to a greater susceptibility to threats and warnings not to cooperate with law enforcement.
http://www.popcenter.org/problems/witness_int...

Just Because You Can't See It Doesn't Mean It's Not There

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-wang/jus...
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 3, 2013
 
The H3ll it would help Colorado.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 4, 2013
 
good idea !! deport all illegals to the sanctuary state colorado, would require a smaller fence to keep them there.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 4, 2013
 
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> Go back to you're rice fields.
.
dats kinda raysist there paco

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Immigration reform would help Colorado.

Help it become more like California... go bankrupt.
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 4, 2013
 
Mayela wrote:
Asian American Gangs
In recent years, the issue of Asian American youth gangs has gotten a lot of attention from the media and law enforcement.
Asian youth gangs may also have connections to, or even be controlled by larger and more formal Asian organized crime groups who themselves manage elaborate prostitution, gambling, smuggling (including illegal aliens), extortion, and other gang activities around the world (i.e., Chinese "triads" or "tongs").
But their specialty, for which they've received a lot of media and law enforcement attention, is a type of robbery called a "home invasion." Home invasions occur when the gang breaks into family's home or small business, tie up all the family members, and terrorize them until the family produces valuables or money. Common tactics include beatings, torture, and the raping of female family members.
Asian youth gangs almost always target Asian families for home invasions because these families are less likely to report such crimes to the police. Such publicity would also bring "shame" to their community, which goes against the families' social conditioning.
The family may also fear retaliation from the gang if they report the home invasion to the authorities. Victims who are in the U.S. illegally also worry that they may be deported if they report crimes committed against them. In fact, a recent study by the Department of Justice found that among all the major racial/ethnic groups, Asian Americans are the least likely to report violent crimes committed against themselves to the police.
Further, recent Asian immigrants are more likely to keep their valuables and money hidden somewhere inside their house or business instead of keeping them in a bank. Either way, Asian gangs exploit these cultural elements to victimize their own community.
Other crimes favored by Asian youth gangs may include prostitution, laundering counterfeit money (i.e., printing phony currency, going out to buy something, then returning that item to get real cash in return), selling drugs, and those based on using modern high-tech methods, such as identity theft and credit card fraud.
http://www.asian-nation.org/gangs.shtml
Witness Intimidation
In some Asian cultures, for example, intimidation is a key feature of gang-related extortion and gang members have a reputation for ruthlessness. Coupled with a fear of deportation and a lack of understanding of the role of police, such social experiences can lead to a greater susceptibility to threats and warnings not to cooperate with law enforcement.
http://www.popcenter.org/problems/witness_int...
Just Because You Can't See It Doesn't Mean It's Not There
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-wang/jus...
Have you ever heard of la eme? They do everything you've just mentioned and more.How about the head chopping los tetas,I mean zetas? This has got to be the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black.
NYM8387

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 4, 2013
 
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> ha hs ha! You rape my suster?? that's funny. I bet her c##t is bigger than your Winnie!!! Lol..
You're trying to start a fight with Asian guy while the mojado sin futuro slayer(me) is still alive?Vales menos que nada
Mike A Coloradoan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 5, 2013
 
Look at how the Mexicans in this thread are behaving, and then tell me about what a great benefit they will be. So far, I'm really enjoying the higher crime-rate, graffiti and fast-food trash and beer cans everywhere you look. Yeah, it's been a real blessing having them here in Colorado so far. Take a look at Mexico, or Honduras. Which black or brown country would you like to live in? When they cross the invisible line into Whitey-land, it doesn't change what they are, and what their children will be. Namely, violent, drunken, stupid red-Indians, that speak a filthy broken, ebonics-like form of Spanish. I'll have to pass on giving these people a better life. Something they are too stupid to have, anyway, anywhere. Go home. You've got a tiger by the tail. You will be going home someday, one way or another.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 5, 2013
 
Bama Yankee wrote:
Immigration reform would help Colorado.
Help it become more like California... go bankrupt.
Who is going bankrupt?

In the last election we heard so much about "givers" and "takers".

California receives 87 cents in federal funding for every dollar they pay in federal taxes. Colorado receives 91 cents in federal funding for every dollar they pay in federal taxes. By teabagger definitions that makes them "givers".

Alabama on the other hand receives $2.03 for every dollar they in federal taxes. That would make them "takers".

Not to worry Bama Yankee. California and Colorado will be there to subsidize your state.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going bankrupt?
In the last election we heard so much about "givers" and "takers".
California receives 87 cents in federal funding for every dollar they pay in federal taxes. Colorado receives 91 cents in federal funding for every dollar they pay in federal taxes. By teabagger definitions that makes them "givers".
Alabama on the other hand receives $2.03 for every dollar they in federal taxes. That would make them "takers".
Not to worry Bama Yankee. California and Colorado will be there to subsidize your state.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...
Keep up.

Californai declaring bankruptcy one city at a time:
Desert Hot Springs
Vallejo
Stockton, Calif
Mammoth Lakes
San Bernadino
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up.
Californai declaring bankruptcy one city at a time:
Desert Hot Springs
Vallejo
Stockton, Calif
Mammoth Lakes
San Bernadino
You had no response so you changes the subject. Very impressive.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You had no response so you changes the subject. Very impressive.
Does this look familiar?

"Who is going bankrupt?"

Need a reminder? First question in your post that I responded to so how did I change the subject?

So, no, I didn't "changes" the subject. I merely answered your question.

Your turn.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 6, 2013
 
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this look familiar?
"Who is going bankrupt?"
Need a reminder? First question in your post that I responded to so how did I change the subject?
So, no, I didn't "changes" the subject. I merely answered your question.
Your turn.
don't listen to memo. he's an idiot who lies all the time.
Mike A Coloradoan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 6, 2013
 
Memo is a rung or two below the three: Bama Yankee, Asian Guy and myself. For me, 60% of illegal Mexican scum is on welfare. 30% of the prison population is illegal bean-eaters. Explain how they will be a net-positive? To hell with them, and after that, after they go home, I want to hunt down and hang all of the Jews that were responsible for bringing them here in the first place. Is that extreme for you?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this look familiar?
"Who is going bankrupt?"
Need a reminder? First question in your post that I responded to so how did I change the subject?
So, no, I didn't "changes" the subject. I merely answered your question.
Your turn.
I just assumed you knew the difference between a city and a state. My mistake.

It is a good thing you worked union jobs your whole life, because you would not have made it on your own.
Mike A Coloradoan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 6, 2013
 
If Asian Guy is on my side, as well. You bean-eaters are screwed. Do you really think taking on the sons of Ancient Greece, the sons of Ancient Rome, and the sons of East Asia is a smart strategy? We never lose. It would be a week or two. Surround, and destroy. It can't happen soon enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••