Albemarle Works to Bring Up Businesses in County - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports an...

It's not easy building a small business, especially in a recovering economy. Now, Albemarle County is doing what it can to make that process smoother, but some business owners say the process is still too rocky. Full Story
Whatever

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 16, 2012
If the operation of businesses is desirable and to be encouraged in the county, the county has got to make the approval process easy, understandable and quick.
Charles

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 16, 2012
I guess this is the toolkit referenced. It's just a 10 page PDF from March...

http://albemarle.org/upload/images/forms_cent...
George S

Hartselle, AL

#3 Oct 16, 2012
The typically stupid concept of making it easier to crawl through the redtape rather than fixing what is wrong with the red tape.

We have heard these violins for generations.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Oct 17, 2012
"Route 29 is the main street of Albemarle County. Business booms even "mom and pop" shops like Yoder's Sugar and Spice."
"But even with the best map, Yoder says the road to success on Albemarle's main drag can be a windy one."
and that is why we're gonna bypass it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Small Business Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start your own business selling Kurtos kalacs (... (Feb '11) Feb 27 Rita 64
Best Way To Make Money Online Feb 16 Kim 2
a1 best ways to make money online | make money ... Feb 16 Alicia 6
Bill would allow Hoosiers to refuse gay weddings Feb 9 NorCal Native 29
for sale atm skimmer (wincor,diebold,ncr) (Sep '10) Feb 4 senegal 10
Alibaba to U.S. firms: Secure a loan through us Feb 4 notsoaveragejoe 1
Minister touts value of small business in Chema... Feb 3 Valley 1
More from around the web