55 percent of small business owners w...

55 percent of small business owners would not start company today, blame Obama

There are 135 comments on the washingtonexaminer.com story from Sep 26, 2012, titled 55 percent of small business owners would not start company today, blame Obama. In it, washingtonexaminer.com reports that:

Fifty-five percent of small business owners and manufacturers would not have started their businesses in today's economy, according to a new poll that also reports 69 percent say President Obama's regulatory policies have hurt their businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at washingtonexaminer.com.

“I see you”

Since: Oct 10

CSU

#22 Oct 6, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
Here again we have another forum post by Jim Pickens. The article he is posting about is from a bias right wing author. This is another example of his attempt to brainwash and propagandize those who are not republicans. I saw alot of this when I lived behind the Iron Curtain in 1969. There it was left-wing extremist brainwashing their people into the evils of Capitalism. This
Country has got to become a multi-party contry and not bounce back and forth between republicans and democrats.
I disagree completely! Jim Pickens post his articles and gives arguments for the Republicans and Conservatives. You are free to post anything for the Democrats or Liberal way of thinking too.
There is FREE debate of ideas on here and you can CHOOSE what politics to wish to follow.

No ones being "brainwashed" or "propagandized", if anything it opens up everything up for discussion.

I think its great that Jim Pickens posts things that you may not here on the news, the internet is the new public forum of ideas where EVERYONE has a voice.
I love the USA!!!!

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#23 Oct 7, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree completely! Jim Pickens post his articles and gives arguments for the Republicans and Conservatives. You are free to post anything for the Democrats or Liberal way of thinking too.
There is FREE debate of ideas on here and you can CHOOSE what politics to wish to follow.
No ones being "brainwashed" or "propagandized", if anything it opens up everything up for discussion.
I think its great that Jim Pickens posts things that you may not here on the news, the internet is the new public forum of ideas where EVERYONE has a voice.
I love the USA!!!!
Thank you Lorri.
It is a tendency of liberals to want to silence all dissent from their ideas and views. You don't have to look far for people wanting Fox News or Rush Limbaugh removed from airing.
Want to know why you never hear of conservatives calling for the shutdown of MSNBC or Media Matters?
Because in the uncensored forum of ideas the liberals always lose, always have and always will. Most liberal writers and bloggers will always go for the silencing critics or championing the removal of conservative thought from open debates.
Look for it, it isn't hard to see.
Columbus Native

Edmond, OK

#24 Oct 8, 2012
Would you buy a car from this man?
Columbus Native

Edmond, OK

#25 Oct 8, 2012
FLUSH RUSH!

“New poetry book coming soon”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#26 Oct 8, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put, and there's eve room here for those of us who feel both sides leave much to be desired.

Here's to the continued growth of the Third Party system in the years to come.

--
4th Annual AIDS 5K RiverWalk Event October 13,2012:
&fe ature=plcp
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#27 Oct 8, 2012
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Lorri.
It is a tendency of liberals to want to silence all dissent from their ideas and views. You don't have to look far for people wanting Fox News or Rush Limbaugh removed from airing.
Want to know why you never hear of conservatives calling for the shutdown of MSNBC or Media Matters?
Because in the uncensored forum of ideas the liberals always lose, always have and always will. Most liberal writers and bloggers will always go for the silencing critics or championing the removal of conservative thought from open debates.
Look for it, it isn't hard to see.
Unfortunately you are correct sir. But I disagree that liberal ideas "always" lose.
Columbus Native

Edmond, OK

#28 Oct 8, 2012
Yes and yellow dog republicans think that everyone who is not a friggin republican is a liberal. During the 1930's and part of the 40's the nazi party thought everyone who was not a nazi was a traitor.
Really

Jonesboro, GA

#29 Oct 9, 2012
But more to what Obama is all about and the doctrines he follows we need to look to the Old Soviet Union.
I know he lies awake at night wishing he could use his hero, Joseph Stalin, way of handling dissent.
So true about the democrats wanting to silence dissent, it's what they do.
Small Business

Jonesboro, GA

#30 Oct 10, 2012
I saw on the news where some business owner said if Obama is reelected the will have to have massive layoffs. They hope Romney will provide some stability and confidence in what they can expect from the Government.
The Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year, has Obama came out and said whether he would like to extend them or let them expire? He did this last time they were set to expire and at the last minute he extended them.
Business had no idea what to expect for there tax burden for the next year in making budgets until the last minute.
This type of leadership is bad for America and bad for American business.
SavingMoneyMetho ds-DotCom

Astoria, NY

#31 Oct 10, 2012
Visit the SavingMoneyMethods-dot-com website if you want to learn tricks on how to save money. Join our newsletter and receive a weekly tip on how to build wealth and keep money in your pocket.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#32 Oct 10, 2012
a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the ...

“I see you”

Since: Oct 10

CSU

#33 Oct 10, 2012
Small Business wrote:
I saw on the news where some business owner said if Obama is reelected the will have to have massive layoffs. They hope Romney will provide some stability and confidence in what they can expect from the Government.
The Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year, has Obama came out and said whether he would like to extend them or let them expire? He did this last time they were set to expire and at the last minute he extended them.
Business had no idea what to expect for there tax burden for the next year in making budgets until the last minute.
I saw that too and wondered if anyone would bring that up here.
My dad expressed the same concerns and although a Democrat, neither him or my mother can or will support Obama this time around. I don't agree with Obama on much of his social ideas but this election is about much more important thing than whether insurance will cover birth control.
I agree with what most post on here about Obama and the economy, he hasn't a clue.

“I Love Topix- Topix Loves Me”

Since: Feb 10

Dahlonega, GA

#34 Oct 11, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that too and wondered if anyone would bring that up here.
My dad expressed the same concerns and although a Democrat, neither him or my mother can or will support Obama this time around. I don't agree with Obama on much of his social ideas but this election is about much more important thing than whether insurance will cover birth control.
I agree with what most post on here about Obama and the economy, he hasn't a clue.
Agreed!!! Hope you guys have been doing good down there, hope to see you all before the holidays. PM me!
Lickskillet

Columbus, GA

#35 Oct 12, 2012
Small Business wrote:
On my job I have to see many small business owners and most are very vocal of their dissatisfaction with the Obama administration.
I cannot remember a time when so many were so against the sitting president. I do not think Obama will win a second term
Druid Hills Commando

Winter Garden, FL

#36 Oct 16, 2012
Lickskillet wrote:
<quoted text>
On my job I have to see many small business owners and most are very vocal of their dissatisfaction with the Obama administration.
I cannot remember a time when so many were so against the sitting president. I do not think Obama will win a second term
Nor do I

Columbus, GA

#37 Oct 16, 2012
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately you are correct sir. But I disagree that liberal ideas "always" lose.
You do have a point, there... Democrat "liberals" brought us out of the last Depression with FDR and Truman, then of course JFK, who was cut down for still-questionable reasons, even LBJ, for all his botching of Vietnam, laid some things down that really was good for the average (poor) American.

Problem is, Obama is not any of these men, and seems to have no clue about how to attempt to follow these giant footsteps.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Columbus, GA

#38 Oct 16, 2012
Lickskillet wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember though, in the end the American people don't decide who becomes President...

Has anyone studied which wway the Electorial College is leaning?

--

Columbus, GA

#39 Oct 16, 2012
"way" not "wway" for the spelling lamers out there... heh.

Columbus, GA

#40 Oct 16, 2012
___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad expressed the same concerns and although a Democrat, neither him or my mother can or will support Obama this time around.
Same here, voted Democrat all my life, and although I still can't tolerate the right wing jingoism of the Republicans, a vote for Obama seems to be a risky gamble, considering he hasn't done much of anything at all, much less what he promised four years ago...

I'm still with Third Party choice gary Johnson, although of course with the rigged system he has zero chance of winning.

--
Frank

Jonesboro, GA

#41 Oct 16, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember though, in the end the American people don't decide who becomes President...
Has anyone studied which wway the Electorial College is leaning?
--
It goes by whether a candidate win a State, then he gets all their electoral votes, except for only two states that break them down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Small Business Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Office Items That Will Disappear Jan 12 Sean Vangill 1
News Tin Sing restaurant's new course (Jul '08) Jan 10 Idelia 58
News Claudia Tenney sworn into Congress, promises bo... Jan 6 Taxed2Death 11
The Inner Workings of a Professional Employer O... Jan 5 Sean Vangill 1
What is the Best Way to Fire an Employee Jan 5 Sean Vangill 3
News No place like home for child care (Jul '16) Dec 29 Humm 3
Is An EB-5 Visa Easy To Obtain? Dec 26 dkrank 1
More from around the web