55 percent of small business owners would not start company today, blame Obama

Sep 26, 2012 | Posted by: Jim R Pickens | Full story: washingtonexaminer.com

Fifty-five percent of small business owners and manufacturers would not have started their businesses in today's economy, according to a new poll that also reports 69 percent say President Obama's regulatory policies have hurt their businesses.

Comments
1 - 20 of 135 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

Obama has created a economic environment that is bad for ALL businesses, the Government is growing by leaps and bounds on the backs of Small business and the middle class..
Obama is delivering on his promise of "fundamental change" in America, I think its time to change Presidents.
Frank

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

I can speak from personal experience, Obama is no friend to small business.
I am hanging on and hoping that Romney will be elected and get things turned around.
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

I have seen many go out of business these last 4 years, hope you can stay in business Frank.
GOVERNMENT CHEESE

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Obama will set up STORES where you can get your commodities, they STILL gots beans & cheese from 1974 that NEEDS to be eaten!
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

No! This is still America! LOL

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Frank wrote:
I can speak from personal experience, Obama is no friend to small business.
I am hanging on and hoping that Romney will be elected and get things turned around.
I have to admit this has happened since I've witnessed /three/ independant "mom and pop" pizza joints I've worked with go under since Obama came in, coincidence or not, or whatever the reasons, it happened.

These places pretty much thrived in the Bush years, and did even better during the 1990s Clinton freewheeling, when the gates into Fort Benning were completely open, before 9-11... but one shut down in 2009, another in 2011, and the last was going under when the owner sold out and went back to Egypt.

So the last one is still on life support with a new owner, but times are hard for even the chain Pizzerias.

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

There is no doubt that Obama is bad for business, big and small, in America.
That is why as a proud democrat I am voting for Romney, I think he can get the wheels of business in America turning again.
Romney

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

This is why we are going to Nationalize Businesses Pickens! Everybody will have a Job!
Camper

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Romney wrote:
This is why we are going to Nationalize Businesses Pickens! Everybody will have a Job!
There's another word for that and it's called communism, freakin moron.
Steve

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Obama= Bad economy

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Romney wrote:
Well everybody having a job is good, but we also want to be paid...
Billy

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama has f-cked American business, big or small.

Anyone still support him is an idiot or a fool
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Romney wrote:
I find it repulsive that any American, Democrat or Republican, would consider communist ideas as part of their politics.
Wild Bill

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Smith Station Panthers wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it repulsive that any American, Democrat or Republican, would consider communist ideas as part of their politics.
People who vote for Obama are people who want communism, they want everything provided to them.
Those who don't but still vote for him just because he is a democrat are the real idiots.
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Wild Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
People who vote for Obama are people who want communism, they want everything provided to them.
Those who don't but still vote for him just because he is a democrat are the real idiots.
Exactly!
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

I would say someone making 14 million thru overseas investments and paying 13% tax is wanting everything provided to them.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have.
Smith Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Show Me wrote:
The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have.
LOL, guess the "sour grapes" will be determined after the election.
Tired Of It

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Obama ain't about business or corporations. He see them like a unending source of money to fund his redistribution plans.
I say if you gonna do that just make everyone make the same no matter what you do, movies stars, plumbers, doctors, garbage men all make the same annual wage. Thats the end game, thats ultimate fairness ain't it.
How about those that work make the same as those who don't.

This is the logical end of what Obama does with his "spreading the wealth" philosophy, won't happen but it makes about as much sense.

I worked for my little piece of the pie but I'm supposed to be pissed because a guy on the other side of town makes 100 times what I do, I am supposed to think that is no fair?
He pays way more taxes than me cause he make more but the percentages of our income taxes are about the same so that is fair either?

This is what pisses me off about Obama, this whole line of thinking. I want a democrat in the White House but I cannot vote for this, is what the democratic party has become? Ditch Obama and get the party back on track and get away from these stupid ways of thinking.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Here again we have another forum post by Jim Pickens. The article he is posting about is from a bias right wing author. This is another example of his attempt to brainwash and propagandize those who are not republicans. I saw alot of this when I lived behind the Iron Curtain in 1969. There it was left-wing extremist brainwashing their people into the evils of Capitalism. This
Country has got to become a multi-party contry and not bounce back and forth between republicans and democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••