Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growth: CBO

There are 20 comments on the Nov 8, 2012, Reuters story titled Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growth: CBO. In it, Reuters reports that:

A man with a local group of upper income professionals who call themselves ''Tax-Us'' holds a sign during a rally at City Hall in San Francisco, California April 17, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#648 Nov 22, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
and now the union has got a 100% paucity and a 100% benefit cut. Great plan.
It's a matter of perspective, Kneepads, when you put what you put in your mouth and you swallow what you swallow, it's not hard to understand that you'd be happy to take whatever these hedge fund embellzers would dish out: you got no pride and you have no reason to have any pride.

But then you don't work for a living.
NoMoreUSA

Woodleaf, NC

#649 Nov 22, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder why you blame unions for Hostess going out of business.
the Union was fighting against an 8% pay cut, and 32% benefit cut, while the CEO gave himself a 300% raise.
9 executives 60-100% raises while hostess was filing for bankruptcy.
Hostess stopped paying into their employee pension program, and now owes them over $160k.
but you're right, fighting to keep wages and benefits is what caused hostess to go under.
it's called avarice.
avarice is what has destroyed the US economy.
Iceland had the right idea: don't bail out the banks, imprison the bankers and seize their personal assets.
Who said I blamed the unions for Hostess? They are bit one problem worldwide.

I don;t think you get it yet. The CEO of Hostess did the right thing, cutoff the money he was wasting on born failures, shutdown, and left these liberal shit to starve as he should've done 4 years ago. He is but one of many who are doing that and already have, and the rest are following suit.

You bastards are FINISHED. Not only are your miserable lives over as you once knew them, they are over COMPLETELY. Your already at the geate for your trip to hell. We pretty much knew you bastards and whores would go right ahead and fuck up the last chance you had left, because it's all you've done your entire life. I'm very much enjoying watching you ALL suffer your way to your demise. You earned it!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#650 Nov 22, 2012
Crooked liberal media wrote:
America is done.
Elections have their Karma......

Top Five Tax Increases Tax Increases as % of Income

#1 New Jersey $6,933 6.82%

#2 Maryland $7,194 6.74%

#3 Connecticut $6,653 6.62%

#4 Massachusetts $6,632 6.53%

#5 New Hampshire $5,660 5.81%

Love the way the tax increases you loons voted for are going right where they do the most good.........your pockets.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#651 Nov 22, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The electorate voted to increase taxes on the wealthiest. They've been off the hook long enough. Still got your cry on.

hahahahahahahaha
Orangelion

Rhyl, UK

#652 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of perspective, Kneepads, when you put what you put in your mouth and you swallow what you swallow, it's not hard to understand that you'd be happy to take whatever these hedge fund embellzers would dish out: you got no pride and you have no reason to have any pride.
But then you don't work for a living.
Give me an example of what prime ministers have been turned down by the queen.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#653 Nov 22, 2012
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I blamed the unions for Hostess? They are bit one problem worldwide.
I don;t think you get it yet. The CEO of Hostess did the right thing, cutoff the money he was wasting on born failures, shutdown, and left these liberal shit to starve as he should've done 4 years ago. He is but one of many who are doing that and already have, and the rest are following suit.
You bastards are FINISHED. Not only are your miserable lives over as you once knew them, they are over COMPLETELY. Your already at the geate for your trip to hell. We pretty much knew you bastards and whores would go right ahead and fuck up the last chance you had left, because it's all you've done your entire life. I'm very much enjoying watching you ALL suffer your way to your demise. You earned it!
Yeah... unions are the problem. It seems to me our country started taking a turn for the worse right about the same time unions lost a lot of influence in the private sector. But go one believing your own horse shit.

Location hidden

#654 Nov 22, 2012
NoMoreUSA wrote:
The CEO of Hostess did the right thing, cutoff the money he was wasting on born failures,
Review: the CEO riased his pay to over $2.2 million, he raised the pay of the executives 3X, he spent one billion dollars that wasn't his to spend, he forced unions to take pay cuts, and when he tried to force them to take yet another pay cut on top of the last pay cut, they wouldn't go along...

But it was the union's fault.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No wonder tea baggers lost.

Location hidden

#655 Nov 22, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of what prime ministers have been turned down by the queen.
Example of PM not 'elected' by House but seelected by queen already posted, troll, do stop wasting my time.
Orangelion

Rhyl, UK

#656 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Example of PM not 'elected' by House but seelected by queen already posted, troll, do stop wasting my time.
Plenty, including cameron, and blair, they all went through an election. Being appointed by the queen is only tradition. Once they win the election, they get appointed by the queen. Give me an example of one who got turned down.

Location hidden

#657 Nov 22, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty, including cameron, and blair, they all went through an election.
Plenty isn't all.

And no PM ever in the history of the UK has ever stood for election before the entire population of the subjects of UK.

None.

PM = appointed by the monarch.

Location hidden

#658 Nov 22, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
Once they win the election, they get appointed by the queen.
There is no election. The PM is CHOSEN.

Look it up.
Orangelion

Abergele, UK

#659 Nov 23, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty isn't all.
And no PM ever in the history of the UK has ever stood for election before the entire population of the subjects of UK.
None.
PM = appointed by the monarch.
Give me an example of one that has been turned down.

Location hidden

#660 Nov 23, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of one that has been turned down.
Already provided: example of PM not elected by MPs.

Do let us all know the minute you can find a way around my statement: the monarch and only the monarch has the power to appoint the PM.
McGruff

Leitchfield, KY

#661 Nov 25, 2012
And now the union has got 100% of nothing. They did a great job of helping their workers. Helpers them right out of a job.

Location hidden

#662 Nov 25, 2012
McGruff wrote:
And now the union has got 100% of nothing
They were promised 100 percent of nothing when the hedge fund managers offered them a 25 percent share in the business that they ran into the ground- Hostess got Bain'd.

Blame the union for the decisions that were made by the executives that gave themselves raises why cutting worker's pay...

Nice job, Kneepads.
McGruff

Leitchfield, KY

#663 Nov 25, 2012
And now they have nothing. No job. No future. No hope. Get in that welfare line and wait on their obammy stamps. But they don't have a job and they won't ever have one that good again.

Location hidden

#664 Nov 25, 2012
McGruff wrote:
And now they have nothing. No job.
What future, Kneepads?

And 'before 'they had a company that had already cut their pay in half.

And their future was with a company that was in bankruptcy and the executives that tripled their salaries while they insisted the workers had to take yet another pay cut?

It is not something something you could possible understand, Kneepads: you open your mouth and you take in what people are going to give you. People with testicles: they aren't going to take that kind of abuse.

So when you keep banging your head against your boy friend;'s belt buckle, you might ponder what it would be like if you only had a pair, and what you would do in their shoes.

But stop putting the blame of the two billion dollar failure on the people who sweep the floor and bake the bread.

Hostess was Bain'd.
McGruff

Leitchfield, KY

#665 Nov 25, 2012
Now their future will be unemployment until it runs out and the welfare line after it runs out. No job. And they will never have a job that good again.
McGruff

Leitchfield, KY

#666 Nov 25, 2012
Not sure what the executives pay would have to do with it. Now they all have no job. Those workers were screwed by their union and this is all on obammys record.

Location hidden

#668 Nov 25, 2012
McGruff wrote:
Now their future will be unemployment
Hostess was run into the ground by venture capitalists, Kneepads.

Hostess was Bain'd.

Do put the blame on failure for those that made the business decisions- start with the guys who gave themselves raises and who are now asking the bankruptcy courts to pay their golden parachutes.

The management.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Small Business Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local politicians regard federal budget as elec... 16 hr Simply observed 2
News Installation of hydro a smart metersa to begin ... (Mar '09) Fri NOT too SMART 3
News Four Tips for Small Businesses to Audit-Proof B... Fri George 1
Why is so hard to start a business these days? (Jul '09) Fri Jeffry 12
News Wealth gap hits black families in U.S., La. (Sep '12) Apr 15 networth 6
News Another business closes in Downtown Jonesboro Apr 8 aaaarkansaaw 7
Start your own business selling Kurtos kalacs (... (Feb '11) Mar 31 Louise Samuel 65
More from around the web