Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growt...

Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growth: CBO

There are 665 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 8, 2012, titled Tax hike for wealthy won't kill growth: CBO. In it, Reuters reports that:

A man with a local group of upper income professionals who call themselves ''Tax-Us'' holds a sign during a rally at City Hall in San Francisco, California April 17, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#628 Nov 20, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us an example, joke smith.
Look it up and you keep working on your English.
responder

Columbus, OH

#629 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Point to the law which declares the monarchy is "bound" to declare the PM which (even still) is not elected by the subjects of the monarchy.
If the monarchy is so inclined, she could appoint her cat.
The current monarchy is literally a monarch without testicles. Even she has made a decision that wasn't presented on a silver plate by the House of Commons. Granted, males of the UK have tiny testicles but it may be that future monarchs will have opinions that are more forthright.
And to the question- the yes or no question- does the monarch appoint the PM, the answer- as I presented a long time ago- is yes, he or she is.
Jesus friggin' Christ, you're a pedant.

The PM MUST command a majority in Parliament or there's no government. Are you seriously so stupid you don't understand that? Sure, she could appoint her cat - and precipitate a constitutional crisis which would end up with no monarch at all. You don't seem to get this difference between legal and practical, for some strange reason.

And I've already admitted she appoints the PM, so your'e wasting my time there, too.
responder

Columbus, OH

#630 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As noted here by people who don't know what they are talking about?
Because I have posted dozens of times websites that are convinced that she does- the Parliament website, the royal website, and others.
Do show me the law passed which has taken away this prerogative.
..blah, blah....
I've already shown you the law, asshat. Here it is again, this time in the original wording, and I expect an apology this time:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/14/s...

Dissolution of Parliament.

(1)The Parliament then in existence dissolves at the beginning of the 17th working day before the polling day for the next parliamentary general election as determined under section 1 or appointed under section 2(7)..

(2)Parliament cannot otherwise be dissolved.

Your turn.
responder

Columbus, OH

#631 Nov 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've "admitted" no such thing.
I am responsible for what I say, not for the fiction of dullards who have lost their point.
Be more responsible in future. I'm not responsible for correcting your many false impressions of how the government of Great Britain works.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#632 Nov 21, 2012
sage won wrote:
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion
The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
The above data was provided by Turbo Tax.
It shows it is a third world country - meaning a few people have ALL the money and most everyone else is poor. But, at the same time, people voted in Obama again thinking all he has to do is take the money from the rich and give it to them. The tax increases on the rich would fund the government for 5 days. It's all about cuts. If you can't run a country on 3.5 TRILLION a year, then something has gone terribly wrong. We spend that kind of money every year yet our infrastructure is old and crumbling, our public schools stink so badly it's not funny and the country is going third world mentally and financially. This country has a spending problem, and the problem is welfare, the big government pensions, and the entitlements, all the programs that give and give everyone money. If they would stop giving everyone free money and all these big entitlements, we could probably run the country for less than $1 trillion a year and repair our infrastructure and afford to pay for all of the necessities. But if they are going to continue to give everyone money to live, then we have to keep borrowing money to hand it out to everyone until we are Greece, until we can no longer borrow and no longer pay the interest on the debt. We are very close to that now. If something cannot keep going, it ends.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#633 Nov 21, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>It shows it is a third world country - meaning a few people have ALL the money and most everyone else is poor. But, at the same time, people voted in Obama again thinking all he has to do is take the money from the rich and give it to them. The tax increases on the rich would fund the government for 5 days. It's all about cuts. If you can't run a country on 3.5 TRILLION a year, then something has gone terribly wrong. We spend that kind of money every year yet our infrastructure is old and crumbling, our public schools stink so badly it's not funny and the country is going third world mentally and financially. This country has a spending problem, and the problem is welfare, the big government pensions, and the entitlements, all the programs that give and give everyone money. If they would stop giving everyone free money and all these big entitlements, we could probably run the country for less than $1 trillion a year and repair our infrastructure and afford to pay for all of the necessities. But if they are going to continue to give everyone money to live, then we have to keep borrowing money to hand it out to everyone until we are Greece, until we can no longer borrow and no longer pay the interest on the debt. We are very close to that now. If something cannot keep going, it ends.
My ideal way regulate the economy would be to first invest in the tax the rich people pay, while lowering the tax the lower and midddle class pay for a short while, and when at it, the goverment should invest in private and public companies, then when its all regulated and flowing well, you should cut back on the amount of tax the rich people pay as well, this will in turn make cut backs effectively in the amount of taxes both the rich and the poor have to pay.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#634 Nov 21, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
My ideal way regulate the economy would be to first invest in the tax the rich people pay, while lowering the tax the lower and midddle class pay for a short while, and when at it, the goverment should invest in private and public companies, then when its all regulated and flowing well, you should cut back on the amount of tax the rich people pay as well, this will in turn make cut backs effectively in the amount of taxes both the rich and the poor have to pay.
I think the government should begin to phase out welfare now and means test SS and Medicare and make Medicare into vouchers now. That would get rid of the $121 trillion of unfunded liabiities in SS and Medicare and the markets would respond to the politicans taking on those massive unfunded liabilities. Ending welfare would get people back to work and discourage girls from dropping out of high school and from having kids out of wedlock. It would lower the state's expenses for schools, prisons, law enforcement and the courts. The states are all bankrupt and just ending welfare would cut states' expenses tremendously. The states that have huge unfunded pension liabilities need to cut their pensions in half and some more than that. If a retired firefighter is getting $200K pension at 52, maybe cut it down to $75K as they get a second career and then also get SS and Medicare when they are 65. That would end the states and countries big unfunded pensions and save them from going bankrupt.

The problem is that the politicians won't do these things because people vote for the money they will get from the government so it is political suicide to cut these things, but this is where most of the money is going. So what will happen is we pay $450 billion a year on interest on our debt, so we won't be able to do that for much longer, so soon enough we will end up making the cuts I just mentioned. This is what they ended up doing in the European countries. They handed out all of this money and had to borrow money to do so, and now they went broke from it and so they have to cut and cut their spending. It's just that the politicians could have been honest and made the cuts 20 years ago rather than running up $16 trillion of debt and taking the country to bankruptcy. The politicans don't manage money, they just borrow money and hand it out, run up debt and now countries are going under from them being dishonest and from them being afraid to tell the voters the truth.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#635 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Obama won. We have a Republic, though, and the House is still reTHUGlican. The Greedy Old Party also can stall votes in the Senate using the outdated but still (for the moment) valid filibuster.
You're RIDING the bus....the short bus. Crawl onboard and head on out, Spambot...:)
Obama to america........it's working....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING: UNIONS SHUT DOWN TRAFFIC TO LAX...

Record Number of Americans Will Use Food Stamps For Holiday...

FOOD PANTRY SEES 400% INCREASE IN DEMAND...
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#636 Nov 21, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
teabooger-taliban tears...lejimcrow cry-a-thon: Day 15
NoMoreUSA

Woodleaf, NC

#637 Nov 21, 2012
I really love reading some of these liberal posts. They really try to explain away their demise no matter how stupid they sound. It's almost as if these idiots just post random bullshit without even comprehending what they are writing. It's almost as if they are being controlled by some other evil force eventhough they are truly evil to the core.

I think at times though they really do realize what they have done, and the realization has hit them that they really are failures at life and are not gonna make it through the collapse of this Country, and the starvation they are gonna suffer when their welfare checks bounce.

Hell just lastnight Hostess did get the go ahead for liquidation and it's a very glaring example of what it happening all over the former US. These companies are shotting these liberal bastards the finger, shutting down, and are gonna leave their asses to dumpster diving. When the dumpsters are cleaned out they are just gonna be shit out of luck.

They were warned, so for all you conservatives out there, do not feel a bit sorry for them. They were told exactly what was gonna happen, and if they didn't listen that they'd be cuttoff, and now that's precisely what they are getting. Hell, the Union mobs no longer matter and will no longer save them, because they just are gonna be roaming this planet jobbless, homeless and starving, and they can picket all they want then, because there will be nobody left listening, and we damn sure stopped caring 4 years ago.

These liberal savages had but ONE chance to wise the fuck up, start accepting responsibility for themsleves, and pay their own way through life. They blew that chance, and now the realization has suddenly hit them hard that we were indeed as serious as a heart attack about what we warned them about. These bastards burned their own bridges down, and this time (unlike countless others) we are not going to bail their worthless asses out of it.

They can come onto forums like this and cry about it all they want, and they can continue their evil-minded bullshit all they want...it will have absolutely zero effect on the outcome. The filth were born losers, they were born from losers, and they always will be losers for the very short time they have left. They bluffed and thought we were gonna continue to shell out our money to let their liar in theif redistribute it to failures and piss it away and we called them on it.

Enjoy you liberal filth...we sure are. These liberals are so fucking pathetic they cannot even do the only thing that would've saved their own asses. They actually VOTED for their own demise when they knew damn good and well that was gonna happen. Good riddance to them all!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#638 Nov 21, 2012
NoMoreUSA wrote:
I really love reading some of these liberal posts. They really try to explain away their demise no matter how stupid they sound. It's almost as if these idiots just post random bullshit without even comprehending what they are writing. It's almost as if they are being controlled by some other evil force eventhough they are truly evil to the core.
I think at times though they really do realize what they have done, and the realization has hit them that they really are failures at life and are not gonna make it through the collapse of this Country, and the starvation they are gonna suffer when their welfare checks bounce.
Hell just lastnight Hostess did get the go ahead for liquidation and it's a very glaring example of what it happening all over the former US. These companies are shotting these liberal bastards the finger, shutting down, and are gonna leave their asses to dumpster diving. When the dumpsters are cleaned out they are just gonna be shit out of luck.
They were warned, so for all you conservatives out there, do not feel a bit sorry for them. They were told exactly what was gonna happen, and if they didn't listen that they'd be cuttoff, and now that's precisely what they are getting. Hell, the Union mobs no longer matter and will no longer save them, because they just are gonna be roaming this planet jobbless, homeless and starving, and they can picket all they want then, because there will be nobody left listening, and we damn sure stopped caring 4 years ago.
These liberal savages had but ONE chance to wise the fuck up, start accepting responsibility for themsleves, and pay their own way through life. They blew that chance, and now the realization has suddenly hit them hard that we were indeed as serious as a heart attack about what we warned them about. These bastards burned their own bridges down, and this time (unlike countless others) we are not going to bail their worthless asses out of it.
They can come onto forums like this and cry about it all they want, and they can continue their evil-minded bullshit all they want...it will have absolutely zero effect on the outcome. The filth were born losers, they were born from losers, and they always will be losers for the very short time they have left. They bluffed and thought we were gonna continue to shell out our money to let their liar in theif redistribute it to failures and piss it away and we called them on it.
Enjoy you liberal filth...we sure are. These liberals are so fucking pathetic they cannot even do the only thing that would've saved their own asses. They actually VOTED for their own demise when they knew damn good and well that was gonna happen. Good riddance to them all!
I have to wonder why you blame unions for Hostess going out of business.
the Union was fighting against an 8% pay cut, and 32% benefit cut, while the CEO gave himself a 300% raise.
9 executives 60-100% raises while hostess was filing for bankruptcy.
Hostess stopped paying into their employee pension program, and now owes them over $160k.
but you're right, fighting to keep wages and benefits is what caused hostess to go under.
it's called avarice.
avarice is what has destroyed the US economy.
Iceland had the right idea: don't bail out the banks, imprison the bankers and seize their personal assets.

Location hidden

#639 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus friggin' Christ, you're a pedant.
The PM MUST command a majority in Parliament or there's no government.
Who told you that?

Macmillan did not command a majority and he was appointed by Lizzy after she consulted with Churchill and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil.

The monarch isn't compelled to appoint who the House of Commons elects or you would have posted the proof.

If you don't like being corrected, stop posting crap.

Location hidden

#640 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
And I've already admitted she appoints the PM, so your'e wasting my time there, too.
Yet you continue to respond.

Ah... must be my fault?

I'm not the one who is insisting that a monarchy can be a democracy because the subjects of a monarchy can exercise the right to vote for a portion of the government and then pretending the head of state not being elected doesn't count, or the "prima facie" 'face' of the elected portion of Parliament is in fact appointed by the head of state.

Location hidden

#641 Nov 21, 2012
NoMoreUSA wrote:
I really love reading some of these liberal posts.!
What a shame you like whining so much more.

Maybe you didn't hear- you lost the election.

Location hidden

#642 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Be more responsible in future. I'm not responsible for correcting your many false impressions of how the government of Great Britain works.
My false impressions?

Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?

Location hidden

#643 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already shown you the law, asshat....
(2)Parliament cannot otherwise be dissolved.
The UK monarch can dissolve Parliament whenever she (or he) pleases.

For whatever reason.

(quote)
The monarch has the power to:

Choose the Prime Minister.
Dissolve Parliament.
Dismiss ministers and governments.
Dissolve Parliament.
Refuse to agree to legislation passed by Parliament.
Dissolve Parliament.
Dismiss the governments of other countries of which she is monarch.
Dissolve Parliament.
Pardon convicted criminals.
Declare a state of emergency.
Dissolve Parliament.
Issue proclamations.
Dissolve Parliament.
Command the army and raise a personal militia.
Dissolve Parliament.

Location hidden

#644 Nov 21, 2012
NoMoreUSA wrote:
Hell just lastnight Hostess did get the go ahead for liquidation and it's a very glaring example of what it happening all over the former US. These companies are shotting these
The CEO gave himself a raise - from a mere $750,000 a year to $2.2 million a year, he gave EVERYONE in the board room a raise of up to 300 percent, and then he demanded the union take another pay cut from the pay cut they took last year.

The CEO spent over ONE BILLION DOLLARS the company didn't have but let's blame the people sweeping the floor and loading the trucks, it was their fault.

Location hidden

#645 Nov 21, 2012
responder wrote:
I'm not responsible for correcting
You are responsible for making up things I did not say.

You post [email protected] here and I slap the snot out of you and you are stuck inventing things I never said.

Straw man.

Do see how I have no difficulty in posting EXACTLY what you have said.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#646 Nov 21, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>I have to wonder why you blame unions for Hostess going out of business.
the Union was fighting against an 8% pay cut, and 32% benefit cut, while the CEO gave himself a 300% raise.
9 executives 60-100% raises while hostess was filing for bankruptcy.
Hostess stopped paying into their employee pension program, and now owes them over $160k.
but you're right, fighting to keep wages and benefits is what caused hostess to go under.
it's called avarice.
avarice is what has destroyed the US economy.
Iceland had the right idea: don't bail out the banks, imprison the bankers and seize their personal assets.
and now the union has got a 100% paucity and a 100% benefit cut. Great plan.
Crooked liberal media

San Francisco, CA

#647 Nov 21, 2012
America is done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Small Business Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Business travel Sun FrankMills 2
a1 best ways to make money online | make money ... (Sep '14) Sun FrankMills 8
News SEO and content strategies (Aug '13) Sun FrankMills 6
News After Orlando, some businesses stress LGBT incl... Sun Lanny 3
Start up an affordable retail business Jun 23 Sean Vangill 5
News Clinton, Trump square off in separate speeches Jun 23 Responsibility 6
News Incubator move ruffles feathers Jun 22 captain obvious 1
More from around the web