Long Beach pension proposal details r...

Long Beach pension proposal details released

There are 2 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Aug 21, 2012, titled Long Beach pension proposal details released. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

City officials said Tuesday that a pension reform proposal rejected by Long Beach's largest union would have given workers a raise to pay their full cost share and bumped up the retirement age for new employees while lowering their benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

short waves

Long Beach, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2012
In my view it's like haggling over who gets what cabin on the big ship. Hope springs etern!
Unions Rock

AOL

#2 Aug 21, 2012
The lowenthals et al promise the unions they will pay them in sea gull eggs and pelican poop after they have bankrupted the city and squeezed every single dime out of the pitiful citizens of long beach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Retirement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holland changes mind, won't retire 8 hr Sewed Up 4
News CPP upgrades not needed by all; those in many p... Wed Poor Old Fooker -... 1
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down Jun 26 America Gentleman... 1
News Unions seek lock on retirement account of Pitts... Jun 23 Fish Rots from th... 15
News Ex-Police Chief Buffis to sell home to pay for ... (Sep '13) Jun 19 cops are degener... 36
News Tamaqua likely to approve 1.09-mill hike Jun 19 no more taxes 3
News Wynne sets her sights long term; experts call i... Jun 13 no Wynne situation 1
More from around the web