Erin Baldwin Files SEC Division of Enforcement Complaint Against UDR (NYSE:UDR)

Posted in the REIT Forum

Erin Baldwin

Banning, CA

#1 Feb 15, 2011
On February 14, 2011, I filed a Complaint against UDR, Inc (NYSE:UDR) with the United States Securities & Exchange Comission, Division of Enforcement. I should have done this long ago but today is as good a day as any other. See Confirmation of my complaint at http://erinbaldwin.com/2011/02/15/erin-baldwi...

I will not be sharing my complaint on my blog because I don’t want UDR to have the opportunity to cover-up any more fraud than they already have. But the complaint contains evidence of:

1. Posting, publication or dissemination of false information.

2. False or misleading statements about a company (including false or misleading SEC reports or financial statement.

3. Insider trading and fraud.

4. Theft or misappropriation of funds or securities.

5. Manipulation of a security price or volume.

6. Vexatious, malicious, and improper litigation.

7. Computer hacking and intrusion.

Despite the fact that UDR seized all my property with the intent to destroy my evidence, keep me helpless, homeless, incarcerated, and impoverished, I’m still standing and ready to knock it out of the park.

My evidence is safe and secure and the promise I made to California UDR tenants back in 2009 is still true today … I will stand up for you and help you to get reimbursement for all the illegal liquidated damages, late fees, hold harmless clauses, loss of income, fees, fines, and ruined credit.

In case you’re new to this cause … here are the causes of action I have maintained and have included in my evidence to the Securities & Exchange Commission for investigation:

If you are current or past California tenant of UDR and can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you have a right to financial restitution against landlord/REIT, UDR, Inc.,(NYSE:UDR):

1. Did you pay an early lease termination fee?

2. Did you pay a late fee?

3. Did you pay utilities via a ratio utility billing system (RUBS)?

4. Were you evicted because you violated one of the terms of the UDR Residential Lease Agreement?

5. Were you or one of your guests injured on a UDR property?

6. Did UDR refuse to return your security deposit?

7. Did UDR contract with you using a name other than the legal name of the apartment complex?

8. Did you experience health and safety concerns in a UDR apartment, such as mold, rats, cockroaches, water damage, faulty electricity, lack of heat or hot water, hazardous conditions, preventable crime, lack of security, etc?

If you are a tenant and wish to participate, please contact me at efightgoodfight@aol.com. This is free and you will not be named in the Complaint nor will you be required to appear in Court, unless you choose to do so.

PRELIMINARY CAUSES OF ACTION

(1) UDR Charges “Early Lease Termination Liquidated Damages” Penalties in Violation of California Law

(2) UDR Charges Late Fees That Are Overstated Contrary To Recent California Case Law and Rulings Thereon

(3) UDR Intentionally Contracts with Tenants Using False Names to Obtain & Sustain a Legal Advantage Over Its Tenants Resulting In Significantly Diminished Tenant-Based Litigation

(4) UDR Illegally Profits From Its Ratio Utility Billing System (RUBS) in Violation of California Public Utilities Commission’s (CPUC) Regulation Prohibiting A Non-Utility From “Selling” Energy Or Water

(5) UDR Illegally Defers Injury Liability Via Its “Hold Harmless” Clauses in Violation of California Law and Fails to Maintain Habitable Premises

(6) UDR Withholds Security Deposit Sums Via Illegal Fees and Penalties Which Must Be Properly Defined as Landlord’s Operating Costs and Responsibility

(7) UDR Illegally Evicts Its Tenants and Acts in Collusion with the Orange County Superior Court Judicial System
Justice4All

United States

#2 May 6, 2011
UDR illegally seized and converted over into there own use, my property.
Joe

Corona, CA

#4 Feb 14, 2012
Wacko
Stop blogging and filing frivolous lawsuits and crawl back in your whole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

REIT Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RioCan unlikely to build mall in 401 Corridor (Jun '12) Apr 22 no wonder traffic... 2
News Sears stores closing: Massive losses leave 235 ... Mar '15 Boomers beware 4
News Toronto Premium Outlets Find Stormwater Managem... Feb '15 Hornby 1
Cole Real Estate Investments (Dec '08) Jan '15 Michael2327 109
News Case Study: Toronto outlet mall improves stormw... Dec '14 Fred 1
News The real problem at SEARS Dec '14 NoOneRewarded 1
News IPO For STORE Capital Corporation Looks Well Built Nov '14 humphrey 1
More from around the web