Northern Bay resort will stay open du...

Northern Bay resort will stay open during bankruptcy proceedings

There are 50 comments on the Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Northern Bay resort will stay open during bankruptcy proceedings. In it, Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune reports that:

The filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy by owners of Northern Bay Golf Resort and Marina in this Adams County town shouldn't be noticed by employees, guests or vendors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune.

Love the course

Stoughton, WI

#21 Mar 3, 2010
The northern bay website is up and they are taking reservations for condos. I don't know where the information comes that they won't be open. I have heard they are under new manangement and getting ready for the upcoming season.
Current Employee

United States

#22 Mar 4, 2010
Northern Bay Golf Course will be opening in 2010. The past owners are no longer involved with the project.
The condominiums are being rented as well. The location is beautiful and the course is very challenging. A new web site being developed. Let's all move forward.
adams flash

Ann Arbor, MI

#23 Mar 5, 2010
I do hope they start to succeeed, start to pay more of what they owe, its just too bad that a lot of people lost a lot of money in this venture, hopefully they thought ahead and have lien rights.
jdw

Plainfield, IL

#24 Mar 5, 2010
Ryana wrote:
Are you kidding me? They are NOT going to be open?? I work 10 minutes from there and haven't heard that, not that I don't believe you.I could see why they wouldn't want that info to get out. May I ask where you get your info from?
I spoke to someone yesterday and why they have issues the golf course will be open. I am planning an outing so I am waiting for them to call me back but that has not happened yet.
rjh

Maple Grove, MN

#25 Mar 9, 2010
jdw wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to someone yesterday and why they have issues the golf course will be open. I am planning an outing so I am waiting for them to call me back but that has not happened yet.
I also am interested in replaying this golf course. I have played it with others and find it a highlight of my spring golf.
I am traveling from mn. and am trying to find out if this course will be up and running in late april.
Please advise if there is current info.

Since: Mar 09

Milton, KY

#26 Mar 10, 2010
Wake up PEOPLE wrote:
This place is running on a shoe string...the golf course & restaurant WILL NOT be open this summer. To buy a condo is nuts....no future for the resort unless some blind big money man steps in to fight to get the resort from the Bank, which is also in financial difficulty. This place will be converted into Senior Housing by 2015.
They are already gearing up to open the golf course. So you are wrong, but I have a feeling you are used to it.
dtw

Racine, WI

#27 Mar 30, 2010
We stayed last year and had a great time. Does anyone know if they are also renting houses? New management needs to produce some reassuring information. The last couple of posts have been from MN and MI (maize and blue sucks). This is the type of tourism you should be trying to attract.
dwatkins

Clemmons, NC

#28 Mar 30, 2010
Northern Bay RIP OFF wrote:
This Resort is a HUGE RIP OFF for those that believed William Ranguette, David Kennedy, Frank Mootz, Matt Mootz & Paul Gilberston would actually complete the Resort ammenities. These guys belong in prison for Securities Fraud and violation of WI Stat. 100.18. They just plain SUCK as humans!
Hello.... Anyone ever think about checking this group/family before giving you all of your money! Not a good idea!
dwatkins

Clemmons, NC

#29 Mar 30, 2010
I think rather or not people are going to invest a little or alot of money into a project or a investment they need to look at not only the investors but, their families as well. Believe me you learn alot more about how someone is and what they are about my doing a little investigating. As I think if people did this I don't think they would of given these people their money...

Since: Mar 10

Chicago, IL

#30 Mar 31, 2010
dwatkins wrote:
I think rather or not people are going to invest a little or alot of money into a project or a investment they need to look at not only the investors but, their families as well. Believe me you learn alot more about how someone is and what they are about my doing a little investigating. As I think if people did this I don't think they would of given these people their money...
Not trying to be combative, but I'm curious as to how a potential buyer at Northern Bay would have known details about the investors, much less about the investors' families, when the project was being built? I suppose one could have inquired with the investors themselves about past developments they had been involved with, but if they are as shady as you are making them sound, I imagine they would have spun a web of lies and half-truths anyway. Now, I've become curious about the past developments Mootz, Gilberston, etc. have been involved with but don't see any info online. Can you provide any details?

I agree that there were issues from the get-go (too many condos, promise of winter amenities, etc.), but the devastation to the economy since the development began was not readily predictable. In hindsight, it may have been better to do things differently at Northern Bay, but the collapse of the economy doesn't mean that the investors had malicious intentions from the get-go.

Regardless of what has happened in the past, Northern Bay is going to be open this summer. I just talked to somebody in the pro shop, and the course is scheduled to open April 15. The course has a fabulous layout (e.g. replica holes of Augusta, TPC Sawgrass, Bay Hill, etc.) and has always been in superb condtion. I expect more of the same this summer, with the added bonus of reduced green fees relative to past years. The resort has several on-site amenities (boat launch/marina, beach, pool, sand volleyball, restaurant, tiki bar w/live music) to make for an enjoyable stay, and is only 30-45 minutes to the Dells.

For full disclosure, I am not an investor, owner, or employee at Northern Bay, but do visit there often and look forward to many more stays.
Andie

Rockford, IL

#31 Apr 16, 2010
I would be devasated if this place ever closed! My entire family has gone every year for the past 3 years and I am planning on going again this summer.. It's a beautiful resort! I don't know how anyone could ask for more? A lake, pool, sand volleyball, incredible rooms, reasonable price, and not to mention 30 minutes from the Dells, anyone who says anything different is crazy. I am so grateful that I have been to this place BEFORE reading these ridiculous comments because had I not I'd probably never try it out. I am telling anyone and everyone.. this place is PERFECT.
Andie

Rockford, IL

#32 Apr 16, 2010
devastated*** oops!
Chris

Racine, WI

#33 Apr 20, 2010
My family has gone to Northern Bay to spend our annual vacation for the last 3 years. We absolutely love it there. We always take our dog with us. They have special units for guests with pets. I have strongly recommended it to the people i work with and some of them have stayed there and told me how much they liked it as well. I know that there isn't a lot to do in the resort, but I go there to relax and enjoy quality time with my family with great scenery and calm atmosphere. We usually go at the end of the peak season because the rates are a little high during June-September.
Longtime visitor

Lake Villa, IL

#34 Apr 20, 2010
I've been going to Adams County for almost 30 years for summer vacations. My grandparents had a trailer just a few hundred yards away from Carlson's. Always loved it up there, always loved the people.

We've rented a home once and stayed in a condo once at Northern Bay. I will agree that perhaps the help seemed somewhat under-trained...they were always warm and friendly. The facilities are quite beautiful, even if you are not a golfer.

It's definitely pricey for middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin, but for an average family vacation it's worth it.

I wish I was in a position to buy one of those condos when they were priced down in the low $70s.
Robin Genesse WI

Burlington, WI

#35 Apr 23, 2010
We love Northernbay. I've been going there since they opened. Built a log cabin w/ x-husband my groups got to big for our cabin for girls weekends so we started going there. Now divorced and x- got cabin on other side of lake I continue to go 5-6 times per year. If you complain that the Dells is 30 minutes away GET A ROOM OR CONDO IN THE DELLS!!!!! GREAT BARS/BAR OWNERS GOOD BANDS. Fishing tubing lake swimming or great pool swimming Fun On grounds outdoor bar w/ bands. What more could you ask for. Staff is Awesome and very polite!!!! But what concerns me now is booking a condo for Aug 2010. Vacation and getting screweed out of my money they charge to your cc right away. I don't know if I should book with everything thats going on w/ the Bank Chaper 11 thing. Any advice anyone????
Countyres

Oxford, WI

#36 May 3, 2010
Wake up PEOPLE wrote:
This place is running on a shoe string...the golf course & restaurant WILL NOT be open this summer. To buy a condo is nuts....no future for the resort unless some blind big money man steps in to fight to get the resort from the Bank, which is also in financial difficulty. This place will be converted into Senior Housing by 2015.
Guess What ? They are open, running just fine. Also looking for help AND yes there is qualified help in Adams County. Perhaps the person doing the interviews needs a refresher course in business ed.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#37 Jun 1, 2010
Has anybody heard of a guy named Anthony Intini, aka Antine, who was involved with the Mootz brothers in this Resort Deal? This guy is now based in Pensacola Fla, suppose to be running a company called Web Weavers. It appears to be some sort of Ponzi. Looking for info.
Thanks
Madtown Travelers

Madison, WI

#38 Jun 28, 2010
Group of 6 just spent the weekend at NB. Course was in great shape, greens and fairways were very well manicured. Golf course attendants were all very polite and talkative and kept the pace of play up as well. Greens fees were reasonable and a fun course to play.

I have no knowledge of the investors but did see that NB is under new management and appears to be working hard to keep it a nice place. I have gone the last three years (2 summers, one winter) and will continue if the opportunity presents itself.
Nancy B

AOL

#39 Jul 21, 2010
HI! Will be at Northern Bay the first of August. Does anyone know if discount coupons exist for the golf course? There will be 4 adults. I'd really like my parents to play the course. Heard the fees were $95. Also-- for those of us who are not into the big courses--- are there any good miniature golf courses in the area? We have a couple big and little kids who would enjoy it too. Any info, and soon, would be appreciated. Thanks
esmerelda

Oakland, CA

#40 Aug 18, 2010
odang wrote:
Has anybody heard of a guy named Anthony Intini, aka Antine, who was involved with the Mootz brothers in this Resort Deal? This guy is now based in Pensacola Fla, suppose to be running a company called Web Weavers. It appears to be some sort of Ponzi. Looking for info.
Thanks
He is a scammer and con-man. do not trust this guy with your hard earned money. he was convicted of fraud and has had his license to practice law taken away! a simple google search will tell you all of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Dance Mom' should be imprisoned for fraud, pro... Feb 13 fayrae 1
News Steve Mnuchin Defends Octomom's Mortgage in Sen... Feb 11 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News Guthrie PD Investigates Suspicious Activity On ... Feb 10 scary 2
News Churches without the church (Jun '09) Feb 9 dollarsbil 22
News Mnuchin Treasury Hearing May Be Dominated by 'F... Feb 4 EquitableProperty... 1
Can you afford your next home? Feb 3 Gustan Cho 2
News Buying homes tough for young families (Aug '14) Feb 3 Gustan Cho 9
More from around the web