REMN Mortgage
mrme

Haverhill, MA

#1 Aug 21, 2010
I'm not sure if this is the right place to warn people, if not Mod please move to the right area.

Here's the story; This company and specifically the loan processor has taken +30 days to process my buyers loan and give them a commitment letter. The loan processor has lied numerous times, on numerous occasions. Unethical behavior and terrible customer service.

Date set to close in 12 days and these Boobs still have no answer for my buyer, in a nutshell they SUCK, run don't walk from REMN Mortgage company.
Curious

Sayville, NY

#2 Dec 12, 2010
You most likely submitted a terribly packaged loan file because you are a hack mortgage broker left over from the chop shop era.
Tom Sikes

Rising Sun, MD

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Right on mrme

Try 65 plus days of lies and deceit.Will not return calls or emails. They are the absolute worse liars and cheats. Oh the bozo from NY, yeah right buddy....... We know who you work for.
Avoid these con artist
mrme wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to warn people, if not Mod please move to the right area.
Here's the story; This company and specifically the loan processor has taken +30 days to process my buyers loan and give them a commitment letter. The loan processor has lied numerous times, on numerous occasions. Unethical behavior and terrible customer service.
Date set to close in 12 days and these Boobs still have no answer for my buyer, in a nutshell they SUCK, run don't walk from REMN Mortgage company.
Sal

Hoboken, NJ

#4 Dec 8, 2011
REMN is the pitts. Fees they said would be waived at the start are not waived. Extra costs for their time delays and more fees required at the very end of the process if the consumer wants to proceed. Not very ethical. Would never recommend them and could not work with them just on principle. I have been in the real estate business for approximately 10 years and by far they are the worst company I've ever worked with. NO way you could recommend them to your real estate customers.
reamend

Orlando, FL

#5 Sep 21, 2012
this company does suck i have recently submitted several files they claim 24 hour underwriting and then the underwriters put so many "overlay" conditions it takes another 45 days to clear them.They take guidelines and twist them into unobtainable and ridiculous interpretations of sound industry standard guidelines. where in the heck do they get their underwriters? they have absolutely no common sense i have resent and closed all the files at other wholesale lenders. Worst underwriting department in the industry..i am usually very understanding but they have consistently proven to me and my associates they are truly a BAD JOKE!
L DelVecchio

Plano, TX

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Beware of the Plano area(Dallas)REMN mortgage company. I am a broker/owner of a real estate company and have been in the Dallas market for over 12 years. My clients have used many mortgage firms in the area and I referred one recently to REMN. It was a terrible experience throughout the entire process. The loan requirements for my client were excessive considering he was one of superior credit, with a good job and rental history. My buyer client was unpleasantly surprised when he had to come to closing with $3000 more than he had been told. They required 1 year of property taxes up front which I have never seen required by any lender in the last 12 years. It is typically 3-4 months. When I approached the lender about this, he proceeded to explain that there system did not adjust for tax escrows from the Seller and this would be reflected on the HUD at closing. This was untrue. We learned this just minutes from the closing table. The HUD1 had to be adjusted several times for overages which I complained about and then changes were made. As a first time homebuyer, my client had no choice but to close rather than risk a lawsuit and the loss of his earnest money. The service and communication was terrible and real estate agents who care about their clients should never use this company. I certainly will not.
Norman Hill

United States

#8 May 30, 2013
We have tried to get pre-qualified with this company two times within 6 months and we have no debt and have 60xs cash to put down on a mortgage and they company back and tell us that we only qualifies for 100xs. They just lied and refused to help us with the loan. We have no debt at all. Ok another person from the same company qualified us for more than that. These people are the worse ever. We are out of Atlanta, GA
REMN

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2014
Could you provide me with more information? Name of the Loan Officer?
joke company

Sharon, PA

#10 Jan 8, 2014
This company is a joke to the highest level. Run by a bunch of good ole boys with deep pockets. They can't figure anything out. They closed my loan fine bit have been dealing with hell on their renovation program. They have mad comments that are really unprofessional a best. I think the company needs an investigation. Its all about money and shutting you up so they can move on to the next prey.
That one guy

Louisville, KY

#11 Jun 9, 2015
Terrible company that is making people pay extra money for extensions that are not needed. Don't expect to close within 30 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Norwalk Man Arrested For Allegedly Bilking Aili... (Sep '10) Nov 13 Frank 6
News In Fiscal Cliff Talks, Higher Taxes Vs. Closing... (Nov '12) Nov 12 RayGONE 8
News Tips for first-time homebuyers (Jul '13) Nov 8 mayrakelley 7
News G-20 finance ministers to focus on global growth (Feb '14) Nov 1 lavon affair 3
News RBS posts third consecutive quarterly profit Oct 27 Retribution 1
News EPB Planning To Acquire Office Space In East Se... Oct 24 ThomasA 2
News Grand Designs couple's ambitious high-rise solu... Oct 22 dfh 1
More from around the web