Woman's death in reported St. Paul break-in ruled a homicide

Heidi Firkus, 25, was fatally shot Sunday during an apparent break-in at the St. Full Story
Robin

Saint Paul, MN

#334 May 11, 2010
Yes...time for the husband to come clean and be right with his Lord. He seems like a spiritually fine man, who made a grave error while under extreme stress. We see lots of this with our economy. God's richest blessings to all--and forgiveness is waiting.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#335 May 12, 2010
Not every post in Heidi's guestbook mentions Nick. Some only comfort her parents, family and friends. I am guessing, but perhaps opinion is divided on the circumstances of her death.
Mmg

Saint Paul, MN

#336 May 12, 2010
I think what goes on between him and God his none of our concern but legally ...that is our concern for those of us in the neighborhood for certain who are concerned if in fact there is a crazed intruder creeping into homes at the crack of dawn.
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#337 May 17, 2010
There is a composite drawing of the intruder now released - black male 40-60 years old, 6'- 6'2"
Indichik

Stillwater, MN

#338 May 19, 2010
anonymous wrote:
There is a composite drawing of the intruder now released - black male 40-60 years old, 6'- 6'2"
Everybody be sure to look out for armed Oompa Loompas.
Non sense

Saint Paul, MN

#339 Jun 3, 2010
If you have a possible intruder and you are upstairs- why go downstairs(in the dark?) You can reach out and touch and intruder with your shotgun from 100 yards away. Why would you go downstairs? Wait for the intruder to come to you and give em a shot or two from fifteen feet..

also- if you are struggling with an intruder at the bottom of the stairs- and your wife was shot in the back in the kitchen- did she go ahead of you down the stairs to confront the intruder even though you had the gun? Story seems to have holes..
JMM

Saint Paul, MN

#340 Aug 25, 2010
She got shot in the back because she was trying to flee the house. I would also go out the door rather than back upstairs myself.
sad

Saint Paul, MN

#341 Aug 25, 2010
I can't believe that this is probably going to end up a cold case. It sickens me!
truthbetold

Saint Paul, MN

#342 Sep 5, 2010
He did it. His family knows he did. His family are murderers as well. You can fool some naive SOB bastards, but not me. Keep an eye on Ben, his younger brother.
truthbetold

Saint Paul, MN

#343 Sep 5, 2010
This will not end up a cold case. He will be found out. He will be convicted. And his shame will be on his entire lying family.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#344 Sep 26, 2010
If he ain't convicted he'll marry again. I mean, he's got one of the best feel-sorry-for-me pickup lines going.
whatsreallysad

Minneapolis, MN

#345 Feb 17, 2011
Whats really sad is that HE read the eulogy @ her funeral. Still waiting to hear of his arrest.. it is just a matter of time. My heart aches for her everyday when I drive past the house on the way to work.
Montel

Saint Paul, MN

#346 Feb 17, 2011
Yes, but how long is this going to take? It is going on a year!!
yeah

Saint Paul, MN

#347 Feb 17, 2011
From what I've been informed there's a good chance this will be a cold case. Unreal.
whatsreallysad

Minneapolis, MN

#348 Apr 19, 2011
I guess if you have enough money and are able to work up a BS enough story, anything is possible. I think of Heidi everyday.. and everyday I wait to hear that there has been a break in the case.. but nothing.. Next week it will be a year.. And where is Nick these days?
willnotforget

South Saint Paul, MN

#349 Apr 23, 2011
Rest In peace Heidi.. Tomorrow will mark one year since you left us. May Peace be with your loved ones, and may atonement find who did this to you.
Oldfriendofheidi

Castro Valley, CA

#350 Nov 21, 2012
Nick got remarried this past August of 2012. I'm devasted at the news. If I felt he was innocent of murder I would be happy he could move on (even though its rather soon) but come on! Two years later and he's remarried? What idiot would marry him? And I noticed his new wife's Facebook (Rachel Firkus) doesn't have a single pic of him prob cause he doesn't want the medias attention or she's embarrassed.. It's super sketchy.
jmu

Saint Paul, MN

#351 Mar 25, 2013
did anyone know that Nick FIrkus remarried sometime SUmmer of 2012?
jmu

Saint Paul, MN

#352 Mar 25, 2013
did anyone know Nick Firkus remarred sometime SUmmer of 2012? well he did.
jmu

Saint Paul, MN

#353 Mar 25, 2013
Nick got remarried 8/4/12. his new wife's sister has a blog and mentions their wedding and how wonderful he is for her sister. I am not going to acuse but i thought it was very interesting and i am surprised by it. THey had a big wedding ...way too soon after Heidi's death. it really makes you wonder...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Castro: Hispanics key to US housing sector future 4 hr Wayne Dawson 1
Maps Illustrate Mortgage-Lending Boom and Bust ... Fri Zombie Corpse Rental 1
MI county sells injured mom's home over one tax... Sep 18 Pam Hollifield 1
India announces plans for a Mars mission in 2013 (Aug '12) Sep 17 King Vikram 7
Suit accuses pair of predatory lending Sep 16 tom 5
If rents are 'ridiculous,' would buying make mo... Sep 16 notsofast 2
Senior Americans burdened with student debt Sep 16 budd 90
•••

Mortgage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE