Attorney pleads guilty to mortgage fraud

Full story: WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut

A real estate lawyer from Wilton has pleaded guilty to federal charges in a mortgage fraud scheme.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Middle Class American

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

I hope they give him the maximum sentence as he is the type of person that feeds off the middle class of America for his own selfish benefit.
ANGEL

Southington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Well well well.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

a lawyer cheating clients...say it isn't so.

How about punishment to the fullest extent of the law, and put him in with the general population in the joint.
Biff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

I just wish that our so-called "justice system" would take into consideration the horrible pain and suffering these parasites bring into the lives of regular people during a already trumatic time in their lives. So he may end up getting ayear or two in prison. So what? How many honest folks have gone through the break-up of their homes and families because of the stress induced by these vultures. How many sucides may not have occured if this type of scum were prevented from taking advantage of an economical breakdown brought on by a decaying and corrupt society that excuses the predator if he has connections. Public executions are the answer, with the profits given to those who lost all because of their greed. I'd pay to watch it.
fukem

Greenfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

65 years but murderers average 20. Go figure.
A FRIEND

Northford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

This attorney handled a real estate transaction for me. What a nightmare! Items such as inspections and appraisals were paid at closing but he never paid the people who did the work. I had to hound him for my title insurance - makes me wonder that had I not had knowledge of that insurance would I even had received the paperwork. I heard that he also owned part of a mortgage company and would finance high risk loans then quickly sell then off... no wonder people are losing their homes. His secretary and her husband owed an oil company that went belly up....took payments for prepayment of oil and never delivered. Wonder if he represented them! Totally unbelievable.
A FRIEND

Northford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

the above post should say.... secretary and her husband OWNED an oil company.....
MaggieK

Ponce De Leon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

flyerfan wrote:
a lawyer cheating clients...say it isn't so.
How about punishment to the fullest extent of the law, and put him in with the general population in the joint.
YEP!!!!! What a waste of a career.Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!! !!
ROADSIDE JUSTICE

Oxford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

Come on show some leniency.....I say commute his sentence to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

64 yrs.
MaggieK

Ponce De Leon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

fukem wrote:
He would have gotten less time if he had just shot them instead of defrauding them. Where"s the justice here? Hmmmmmmmm?
MaggieK

Ponce De Leon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Judged:

A FRIEND wrote:
the above post should say.... secretary and her husband OWNED an oil company.....
Are they related to Bush?
Hosed by the system

Thompson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

These bottom dweller bastards needs to be thinned out..........

Part of our economy mess is because of this crap..........

Every time I see that "tanned" faced SOB CEO from Countrywide on the news I want to friggin vommit.........
Scumsuckinglawye r

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Will all the lawyers that are not scumsucking currupt basturds please stand up!

I dont see anyone standing!
yowza

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Judged:

must be a partner of paul aparo.
trudeauvictim

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

my husband and I were victims of Mr. Kriz and his "co-conspiritors". If anyone is wondering where the $8M went, they have to look no further than Norwalk, CT. These people are nothing more than career criminals...first the auto parts business, then the oil business and now this building and developing company. The secretary and her husband have been living the high life while Mr. Kriz has been under investigation. I'm not saying that Kriz shouldn't be held accountable, BUT HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE. Some of the money is now being spent on high-priced lawyers to keep the secretary and her husband out of prison. They were both arrested last year on charges stemming from the Newtown Oil scam and are facing many years in prison. I hope Kriz is singing like a bird to the FBI. I can't wait to see these people be taken down. Nobody deserves it more.
Maggie

Argyle, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

trudeauvictim wrote:
my husband and I were victims of Mr. Kriz and his "co-conspiritors". If anyone is wondering where the $8M went, they have to look no further than Norwalk, CT. These people are nothing more than career criminals...first the auto parts business, then the oil business and now this building and developing company. The secretary and her husband have been living the high life while Mr. Kriz has been under investigation. I'm not saying that Kriz shouldn't be held accountable, BUT HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE. Some of the money is now being spent on high-priced lawyers to keep the secretary and her husband out of prison. They were both arrested last year on charges stemming from the Newtown Oil scam and are facing many years in prison. I hope Kriz is singing like a bird to the FBI. I can't wait to see these people be taken down. Nobody deserves it more.
All of them should have to pay the money back,Then go to jail.They can"t pay it back if they"re in jail & making no money. Their names will be Dirt from this day forward anyway.
mike hunt

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

this must be the twin brother of slimeball paul aparo by a different mother.=========

HARTFORD, Conn.(AP)- Federal prosecutors say a Hartford attorney has pleaded guilty to bribery and fraud for rigging bids on Fleet Bank's sale of distressed loans.

Paul Aparo pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court in Hartford. A message seeking comment was left for his lawyer.

Authorities say the 58-year-old Aparo conspired with Kevin J. O'Keefe, who was a vice president at Fleet Bank in Hartford, and an unidentified real estate developer to corrupt the bidding process on distressed loans that Fleet was selling.

Prosecutors say O'Keefe provided confidential bank information to Aparo and the developer to submit winning bids on the loans.

Aparo faces up to 35 years in prison and a fine of more than $1 million when he is sentenced Oct. 14.

O'Keefe pleaded guilty to the same charges last month.
jeff

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

well, if he goes to prison, his retainer fee will be "soap on a rope"
Text Loser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

fukem wrote:
That's because murderers don't ruin as many lives as this parasite did
j-michael

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

Anyone know the sentence handed out to Paul Aparo? Did he get sentenced on 10/14/08? Is he finally in the can where he belongs with the other lowlifes?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••