Pastor sentenced for misuse of church funds | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The former pastor of World of Pentecost Church will spend five years in prison for misusing church funds, falsifying financial records and filing false income-tax returns.
Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Amen!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Luxury automobiles is putting it nicely. Having lived down the street from the family it always looked suspicious that they had so much but said their church was not doing so well.

It is sad really because he is supposed to be a role model for the community as well as his children. Unfortunately Christianity has been dragged through the mud by actions such as these and people do not understand the true Christianity because of high profile cases such as this.
ReActShunAry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

One more example of the persecution of Christians in this country. I am sure these charges were trumped up in order to do the work of the Devil. Free the pastor NOW!!
cld

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

It always amazes me to read about people that have the nerve to take things that do not belong to them. Especially people like this that are supposed to be trustworthy...
Go Figure

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

He probably wishes he was the rev. Rod Parsley. Parsley's church can afford to lease a large jet for $500,000/year. There people don't ask what the money is for, they just hand it over, no questions asked. Poor Sheep.
CSD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Some local jail needs a preacher.
Concerned Citizen

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

I bet if he stole $50.00 from a convenience store he would have gotten a longer sentence.
mikeM

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

When will people understand that just becasue someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they are. In fact, the more loudly someone claims they are a Christian, the less likely they are. Remember what Jesus said about the hypocrites who pray on the street corners (which describes most of todays so-called Christians). I call them CHINOS (Christians in name only). I would also suggest that any church that is so large that the pastor does not know each and every member is too large. Like Parsleys World Harvest Church (he is simply "harvesting" money from the members and using it for his own personal pleasure (like a private jet for him and his wife).
David

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

I like turtles!!!!!!!!!!
ReActShunAry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

mikeM wrote:
When will people understand that just becasue someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they are. In fact, the more loudly someone claims they are a Christian, the less likely they are.
I remember hearing Billy Graham holler pretty loud about being a Christian. Are you saying he was a liar? I KNEW it!!
Really

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

ReActShunAry wrote:
One more example of the persecution of Christians in this country. I am sure these charges were trumped up in order to do the work of the Devil. Free the pastor NOW!!
You really need to STOP drinking the koolaide!!!!!
Blue_Ha_Ha

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Maybe some people will start to understand that Health and Wealth scam theology doesn't work. Clue: If it isn't in the bible, don't believe it.
Idiot

Fremont, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

David wrote:
I like turtles!!!!!!!!!!
You must swallow those pill that the nice nurses are giving you. They will make you feel much better.

Now lets get that diaper changed.
YEP

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Another faith and family values republican--flusssssh!
Rob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

something i have not heard mentioned in any news article is how much money/assets he currently has. if he is forced to pay restitution yet has squandered everything and will never be able to work again as a minister then i say good luck to the church!

also it's funny how he claims he didnt break the law...he just used it for origami.
ima idiott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

God has a plan for this man in prison. He will minister those inmates who have been praying for the Lord to send them a preacher. Their prayers are now answered.

Trust in the lord
Cheaters

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Will a man rob God?... Bible: Malachi 3:8

Those who try to will never be truly successful, not in this life, nor in the Hereafter.
Concerned member

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Oh I have and am a member of the World of Pentecost. I felt David should spend more time to think about what he's done. He still doesn't get it...still thinks he's entitled. Still no remorse, even the judge agreed with that. What was the comment from the judge that he's a personal friend of the only person that had anything good to say about David which was Mr. Posey??? Just repeating what was said in the sentence. Hmmmmmm. I am so saddened that this had to go this far....how sad the Lord must be.
Paul

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

MONEY, it's a hit;
big boy 2

Vincent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

It's called being a sociopath. No true remorse. Anything they do is OK as long as it benefits them. Very charming and can talk a leopard out of it's spots. Beware. There are many, many of them around. Sad but true that it's not wise to put blind trust and faith in someone. It wouldn't be a suprise if he has talked some of the members into sexual affairs with him. Happens all of the time. I would urge those victim to come forward also. Anonomously if necessary. Be a warning lesson to other victims or possible victims of other sociopaths. If there is any suspicion, investigate. No one is above reproach. It is unusual that a sociopath is prosecuted and jailed for their reprehensibile actions. They can usually talk their way out of trouble. In fact they count on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••