Oscar Leeser leads in El Paso mayoral fundraising

Apr 12, 2013 Full story: El Paso Times 38

Mayoral candidate Oscar Leeser is leading the campaign fundraising race -- raising $84,000 after lending his campaign more than what his opponents have raised in their individual campaigns.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chuy Christ

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 12, 2013
follow the money.
Proud Mexican Democrat

El Paso, TX

#2 Apr 12, 2013
I don't think he's Mexican enough to be Mayor?
DJ Jessy Fresh

United States

#3 Apr 12, 2013
Yeah Look at the name.
spit take

El Paso, TX

#4 Apr 12, 2013
Weeks back I'm watching one of the newscasts reporting on Leesers campaign announcement. They're running footage of his campaign kick-off party and I'm interested to learn more, when WHO do I see mingling with the party guests in the background? Joe FR/UCKING Wardy. That cork-soaking SOB! I was hoping I'd seen the last of that mother packer when I voted him out! Get the he/ll out of here Joe. Nobody likes you!!!
Anyway, congrat's to Oscar, El Paso's next mayor!
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Monte, CA

#6 Apr 12, 2013
Dont Do It El Paso wrote:
El Paso better be prepared when we vote for the next mayor because it could be a Texan republican that gets elected and we don't need any of those kinds of people running El Paso.
don't worry the mighty democrat machine will come out in full force, Big Shoes to fill
squid

El Paso, TX

#7 Apr 12, 2013
Proud Mexican Democrat wrote:
That is what your daughter said about my tanned Johnson.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

#9 Apr 13, 2013
Proud Mexican Democrat wrote:
He ain't democrat enough.I have never knowinglee voted for a republican or knowinglee slept with a whore either. Seems evey republican want- a- bee is on his band wagon and the only one that won back to back elections around here. Is he an american and has he ever read the whole constitution including the preamble. Is the other owners in his korean car company americans or what ever?. Does Picket know what political party this guy is in or he does he even give a damn.His campaign for mayor looks like one of his Hyndia comericals and you can bet the farm on who is paying for it too. Yeah if they have a mayoral parade it will be all Hyndia cars trucks and everything else from over there.
Reality

El Paso, TX

#10 Apr 13, 2013
In these austere times and with the city in a financial mess, we need a successful businessman. Not a political hack, especially one that only knows how to spend or give away.

Right now, leezor or haddad look they will be in a run off. The rest, sorry, ain't gonna make it. Best they gravitate to one of these guys.

We cannot afford another cook type administration. And by not voting for girly man Ortega, we will break the stranglehold of the clique. He looks, acts and makes decision worthy of a girly man.

As leezor using his money, why not, it's his! No one seem to have a problem when candidates, in previous races, used theirs.
DC Dave

El Monte, CA

#11 Apr 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
In these austere times and with the city in a financial mess, we need a successful businessman. Not a political hack, especially one that only knows how to spend or give away.
Right now, leezor or haddad look they will be in a run off. The rest, sorry, ain't gonna make it. Best they gravitate to one of these guys.
We cannot afford another cook type administration. And by not voting for girly man Ortega, we will break the stranglehold of the clique. He looks, acts and makes decision worthy of a girly man.
As leezor using his money, why not, it's his! No one seem to have a problem when candidates, in previous races, used theirs.
If he is elected as mayor, good businessman, then why does El Paso need an old hag like Wilson?
Hank Dyson

El Paso, TX

#12 Apr 13, 2013
Huey Goins wrote:
<quoted text> He ain't democrat enough.I have never knowinglee voted for a republican or knowinglee slept with a whore either. Seems evey republican want- a- bee is on his band wagon and the only one that won back to back elections around here. Is he an american and has he ever read the whole constitution including the preamble. Is the other owners in his korean car company americans or what ever?. Does Picket know what political party this guy is in or he does he even give a damn.His campaign for mayor looks like one of his Hyndia comericals and you can bet the farm on who is paying for it too. Yeah if they have a mayoral parade it will be all Hyndia cars trucks and everything else from over there.
I love your whole free wheeling, free swinging attitude about things.
Reality

El Paso, TX

#13 Apr 13, 2013
The problem has always been the lack of a strong leader with vision. Wilson was given full rein because the mayor was self serving, concerned with leaving a legacy, and indecisive .

We need someone that truly understands a budget and not going hog wild in an effort to gain some fame.

Let's face the facts, managers are here to stay, they just need leadership. They are hired to "manage" city assets not develop policy or make decisions for the city. They provide input/recommendations but the mayor and council make the final decision! Take Gen Pittard, he doesn't have time to micro-manage, but he provides guidance, goals and policy of what HE thinks FT Bliss needs to fulfill its mission.

The council needs a leader! And it doesn't have one or with experience for that matter.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

#14 Apr 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits. Albert Einstein.Be funny as hell if the Lizard has never voted can not vote but can run for mayor in El Paso and get your vote because he has got a big car lot full of cheap cars and has the Korean goverment paying for his comericals. What you need is for the tongue talking faith healing bible thumping homophobic "Rev" to drive a free Hyndia car with ," I love the lizard signs all over it".
Reality

El Paso, TX

#15 Apr 13, 2013
Curious, why do you call him a lizard ?

By the way, I wasn't endorsing any of them. I was of the opinion that he and haddad have the best chance of winning and that the next mayor should a businessman.
I Know Him

El Paso, TX

#16 Apr 14, 2013
Haddad is LIAR and a CREEP!
Facts about Oscar

El Paso, TX

#17 Apr 14, 2013
Personal integrity. Real world experience. Leadership you can trust.

Biography
Like many El Pasoans, Oscar Leeserís family came to El Paso from Mexico. Arthur and Rhoberta Leeser moved their family from Chihuahua to El Paso in the late sixties when Oscar was nine years old. Fifth in a family of three boys and four girls his parents taught him the value of an honest dayís work and the most American belief of all, that if you work hard you can realize your dreams.

Both parents worked at minimum wage jobs at a department store and furniture store in Downtown El Paso. Transplanted from a Catholic school to Putnam without a word of English, Oscar learned early to rely on his own resourcefulness. He worked mowing lawns and washing cars and as a teenager worked as a janitor at Cielo Vista Mall, a job he hated but credits with fueling much of his ambition. He has never forgotten what it feels like to come from humble beginnings and simple means.

Married for over 30 years to his childhood sweetheart, Lisa, with four children, Shawn, Benjamin, Daniel and Melissa, and five grandchildren, MacKenzie, Tyler, Lucas, Madelyn and Dylan. Unabashed in his love of family, his 82 year old Mother, Rhoberta, continues to play a special role in his life.

One of El Pasoís self-made entrepreneurs, Oscarís automotive career since 1979 is a long and continuous list of achievements and promotions that demonstrate intense grit and fierce determination that almost always resulted in meeting goals but more often resulted in exceeding them. As President and Dealer Operator of Hyundai of El Paso since 2001, he took on a store that was selling 15 cars a month and transformed it to the #1 volume store in Hyundaiís South Central Region.

Thirty-five years spent in the trenches have taught him important skills. Be honest. Work hard. Listen. Surround yourself with good people. Treat people with respect. Love what you do.
Education Info
High School:

Coronado High School

Work Info
Employer: Hyundai Motor Company
Position: CEO
Description: Hyundai of El Paso
Facts about Oscar

El Paso, TX

#18 Apr 14, 2013
mojado

Mexico

#19 Apr 14, 2013
The corrupt businesses in juarez support steve o
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

#20 Apr 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
Curious, why do you call him a lizard ?
By the way, I wasn't endorsing any of them. I was of the opinion that he and haddad have the best chance of winning and that the next mayor should a businessman.
Remember I said THE not A lizard cause A is 1 of many under discussion and THE is the only one under discussion. You do not know what rhymes or sounalikes are? You can not see Lizzard or it don't sound right to you, so be it, Try on the weather man from WKRP in Cincinnati OH "Less". Your guy got here and yada yada yada and he went to HS yada yadi yada. Yada yada yada he and some other people yada yada yada bought a local korean car business. Education HS Yada yada yada. How hw voted yada yada yada.Why he will make a good mayor yada yada yada. Why should he replace the city manager yada yada yada.Why not just replace the city and county reps with some super squared away used car salesmen from the various parts of the city as they can move cars some of which can not even move yada yada yada. Bring on the sharia law or some old testiment law yada yada yada.Why are you so smart and them that think you is nuts so stupid yada yada yada.
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

#21 Apr 14, 2013
Facts about Oscar wrote:
Personal integrity. Real world experience. Leadership you can trust.
Biography
Like many El Pasoans, Oscar Leeserís family came to El Paso from Mexico. Arthur and Rhoberta Leeser moved their family from Chihuahua to El Paso in the late sixties when Oscar was nine years old. Fifth in a family of three boys and four girls his parents taught him the value of an honest dayís work and the most American belief of all, that if you work hard you can realize your dreams.
Both parents worked at minimum wage jobs at a department store and furniture store in Downtown El Paso. Transplanted from a Catholic school to Putnam without a word of English, Oscar learned early to rely on his own resourcefulness. He worked mowing lawns and washing cars and as a teenager worked as a janitor at Cielo Vista Mall, a job he hated but credits with fueling much of his ambition. He has never forgotten what it feels like to come from humble beginnings and simple means.
Married for over 30 years to his childhood sweetheart, Lisa, with four children, Shawn, Benjamin, Daniel and Melissa, and five grandchildren, MacKenzie, Tyler, Lucas, Madelyn and Dylan. Unabashed in his love of family, his 82 year old Mother, Rhoberta, continues to play a special role in his life.
One of El Pasoís self-made entrepreneurs, Oscarís automotive career since 1979 is a long and continuous list of achievements and promotions that demonstrate intense grit and fierce determination that almost always resulted in meeting goals but more often resulted in exceeding them. As President and Dealer Operator of Hyundai of El Paso since 2001, he took on a store that was selling 15 cars a month and transformed it to the #1 volume store in Hyundaiís South Central Region.
Thirty-five years spent in the trenches have taught him important skills. Be honest. Work hard. Listen. Surround yourself with good people. Treat people with respect. Love what you do.
Education Info
High School:
Coronado High School
Work Info
Employer: Hyundai Motor Company
Position: CEO
Description: Hyundai of El Paso
ok but why doesn't the name sound Chicano? is he a Vendido?
Reality

El Paso, TX

#22 Apr 14, 2013
Another one on an ego trip and is a genius in his own cavity. The strange sound you hear is the air vaccum where there should be a brain. That's a major clue as to his problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House: Holder resigning as attorney general 11 hr Swedenforever 113
What Wall Street won in budget deal 19 hr theidiotsdareunited 3
Congressman defends 'Citibank' provision Tue Hooogle It 2
Discover to begin offering home equity loans (Mar '13) Dec 16 jordennancy23 5
Paulson to give update today on financial bailout (Nov '08) Dec 10 Swedenforever 17
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) Dec 9 swedenforever 24
Paulson reverses course on rescue (Nov '08) Dec 7 swedenforever 2
More from around the web