Man charged with property-sale fraud | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A former Columbus landlord under investigation for failing to repay federally backed loans has been charged with theft and forgery involving a former client.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Actually, I wish I was smart enough to get that kind of deal where the government would buy apartments for me, not make me sign personally, and give me a bunch of improvement money I can spend however I want. That's the government's fault for being so stupid.

As to the old lady, what can I say other than that she is stupid? Doesn't she have any relatives who can take care of things or is she just another nasty person with a few sheckels in their pocket who doesn't get along with anybody? Seems to me a daughter, son, niece, nephew should have been involved?

Again, I'm not standing up for the guy as I'm sure he's not only a jerk but not my cup of tea as a person, BUT it takes two to tango.
Family Friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Judged:

I personally knew David's father-in-law Doc Shilliday. Doc was an amazing person who was loved and respected by everyone that knew him. As Doc passed some time ago, my wife and I are extremely thankful that he is not with us today to witness David's actions as he would be ashamed.
Cocktails at Scioto

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

KARMA is a wonderful thing-what comes around goes around..
Lets see-$26 million from the state,$13 million to renovate,$800,000 forged from an elderly woman in Bexley,$225,000 deal in Circleville the list goes on..
$800,000 house in UA, Scioto Country Club membership-the sad part is he probably has all of this and other millions hidden in his wife and daughters name etc. I doubt he spends any time in jail-maybe a few months-then at 44 he will be "retired" with millions and sipping cocktails at Scioto again-and he will be one of the "group" again. I've seen it before at Scioto..
He should pay back everyone he stole from and more.. What a joke!!!
Interesting

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Who or whomever is from Findlay your comments are priceless and dead on. Whoever Dave's one friend or family memeber is who judged all the comments you are totally being scammed just like the little old lady was. How can Dave be above board when he currently has 26 lawsuits filed against him? If you don't believe me check out the Franklin County Court Information on Line: http://fcdcfcjs.co.franklin.oh.us/CaseInforma...
I find it hard to believe that if Dave was innocent he would have that many people after him, would have had his house searched by the Columbus Police, or been indited by a grand jury on 4 felony counts? I sure hope the person that judged these comments did not invest with him or give him any money.

Bob is livin' large!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
Who or whomever is from Findlay your comments are priceless and dead on. Whoever Dave's one friend or family memeber is who judged all the comments you are totally being scammed just like the little old lady was. How can Dave be above board when he currently has 26 lawsuits filed against him? If you don't believe me check out the Franklin County Court Information on Line: http://fcdcfcjs.co.franklin.oh.us/CaseInforma...
I find it hard to believe that if Dave was innocent he would have that many people after him, would have had his house searched by the Columbus Police, or been indited by a grand jury on 4 felony counts? I sure hope the person that judged these comments did not invest with him or give him any money.
Don't include me as a fan of Dave, I don't even know the guy. I just find it funny that everybody looks for a scapegoat when money gets lost ... e.g. Marvin Warner, Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, etc. How about being smart business people before you put yourself in that position?
Cowtown Girl

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

What's up with all the haters in Findlay? What did Mr. Rhodehamel do up there and in Circlevill?
Circleville

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Cowtown Girl wrote:
What's up with all the haters in Findlay? What did Mr. Rhodehamel do up there and in Circlevill?
I don't know what rhodehamel did in Findlay however I am sure he burned or stole money from someone. Concerning Circleville the article explained what he did there. According to the article and the Columbus Police Detective who handled the case rhodehamel sold the little old lady's property and kept (stole)the money to the tune of $225,000.00. As it was only $225,000.00 I can not figure out for the life of me why she would have been upset. As I am sure we have all stolen $225,000.00 from someone in the past I think she should forgive him and move on (right).
WOW

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Interesting wrote:
You are not kidding when you stated the guy has 26 cases against him. Hopefully he stole enough money to cover his legal bills as he is going to need it. You could also say that the taxpayers are paying for his legal bills as he stole money from all of us.

Bob is livin' large!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

WOW wrote:
You could also say that the taxpayers are paying for his legal bills as he stole money from all of us.
Considering that Cincinnati subsidizes the downtown Saks store, and your liberal County commissioners are building a new hotel for Paris Hilton and subsidizing losses to the tune of $8 million a year, did he really do anything wrong with his apartment deal? A one time $13 million cost sounds like chump change to me compared to a potential $8 million a year in losses!!! Again, not standing up for the guy, just saying the people giving away these boneheaded deals ought to be in the jail cell right next door.
UA and Columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

There are tons people in UA and Columbus waiting to see Rhodey is the orange jumpsuit!!! Please send photos-we will probably NEVER see the money he stole-but that might make us smile for a minute :)
Columbus

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

It’s so obvious that one of his family members or friends-went on here and judged every comment with the clueless sign-they are the clueless ones…..
anonymous

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Why would anyone here take the time to comment on an article where you dont even know the guy? you just know the so called "facts" which arent even 100% true. I cannot believe what our society has come to- people believing everything they read. Yes he was indicted but i know for a fact he would never do this to someone on purpose. LOL to you people just trashing this poor guy who makes mistakes like everyone else in the world. Most of you dont even know Dave. get to know David on a personal level then maybe youd love him just as much as everyone else who actually knows the guy does. then comment on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••