Man charged with property-sale fraud | The Columbus Dispatch

A former Columbus landlord under investigation for failing to repay federally backed loans has been charged with theft and forgery involving a former client. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rhodehater

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 14, 2009
FINALLY!!!!!!! This guy deserves to be locked up. Anyone that steals from the poor and the elderly is a real piece of xxxx. It is rare that justice gets served, lets hope in this case it happens!! Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceburg, soon the public will hear about many other felonies that he has committed. I personally can't wait to see him in the orange jumpsuit!!! Stay tuned for more.......
justicedone

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 14, 2009
I couldn't agree more with rhodehater. This guy has wronged so many people and gotten away with it for years. Besides stealing, what has he ever really accomplished in his life?? It must be nice to live in a $700,000 house that was recently renovated (with funds he stole), have a lake house in apple valley, be a full member at scioto country club and fly on private jets. Now we all know how he maintained his lifestyle,by stealing from the government and the elderly. I hope he rots in jail for a long time!!
ihateliars

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2009
wow!! He was finally indicted. May justice be served for all the people he has wronged and stolen from. I hope these people can finally have some peace in their life. May he be forced to spend his life paying these people back. I hope our justice system does not allow his wife to keep the money which I'm sure has all been put in her name. When you are living the high life you need to question where your husband is getting all the money.....ignorance is not a defense in the eyes of the law.
rhodeindicter

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 14, 2009
I hate Mr. I am NOT GUILTY!!!!! Trust me
I know the bitch.....
rhodehamelsucks

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 14, 2009
THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!! RHODEHAMEL HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH MURDER FOR YEARS AND IT HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH HIM. I'VE MET THE GUY AND HE IS SUCH A BRAGGARD, I PERSONALLY FOUND HIM TO BE VERY OFFENSIVE. I HOPE HE GETS KICKED OUT OF SCIOTO COUNTRY CLUB, HE IS GIVING THE PLACE A BAD NAME. BESIDES, HE IS HOLDING UP A SPOT FOR SOME HONEST HARDWORKING GUY WHO ACTUALLY DESERVES TO GET A MEMBERSHIP. I'M SURE HE USED STOLEN MONEY TO PAY FOR HIS $50,000 GOLF MEMBERSHIP. WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT IF SCIOTO GETS AUDITED....
rhodieisaloser

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 14, 2009
well if the feds don't get him on fraud for the 13 million he stole hopefully the IRS will nail him for tax fraud. I hope his wife didn't sign the tax returns!
rhodesucker

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 14, 2009
this xxxhole can bite me. He is a total scum bag. He walks around town like he is all that, in actuality he is a common crook. May the legal system teach him a serious lesson!
guidoisgoingtoja il

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 14, 2009
How embarrassing for his family!!! Upper Arlington is not a forgiving community, and they love to gossip. I don't think the people at scioto country club will appreciate being around a thief. He should have thought about his kids before he pulled this crap....what a narcissist.
rhode crapper

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 14, 2009
I saw this guy eating out at Smith and Wollinsky a couple weeks ago, he is obviously still living the high life. Are the words remorse and guilt even in his vocabulary! Enjoy that steak and lobster that won't be serving it in jail.
UA Citizen

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 15, 2009
Is justice finally be served?
screwrhodie

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 15, 2009
He is such a phony. He is always bragging and acting like big man on campus!!! Let's see if he is the big man at the big house. I do feel bad for his kids though.....obviously he didn't care enough to lead an honest life and set a good example. it was more important to spoil his kids with private jets, fancy vacations and over the top birthday parties. Hopefully, they do not follow in his footsteps!
UA family

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 15, 2009
Can he be kicked out of Scioto Country Club for this??? I would think that they have standards of behavior that are required of their members. What would he be doing if he couldn't golf 3 times a week.....
concerned citizen

Columbus, OH

#13 Nov 15, 2009
How sad. Here is a man with a wife and three healthy kids. he has been afforded the opportunity of a great education, including a law degree. 99% of the world is not this lucky. He has what most people strive for their whole lives and measure the success of their life on. Why wasn't that good enough??????
Joey Ramone

Westerville, OH

#14 Nov 15, 2009
Hahaha Dave. What comes around.... Goes around!!!!
anonymous

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 15, 2009
I believe in karma. you get what you give........
anonymous

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 15, 2009
his parents must be so proud.....Apparently his brother and sister may be brought up on some unrelated charges, NICE FAMILY!!!

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#17 Nov 15, 2009
anonymous wrote:
his parents must be so proud.....Apparently his brother and sister may be brought up on some unrelated charges, NICE FAMILY!!!
I hope he was smart enough to sock some money away in the Cook Islands ... lol.

Obviously none of this smells very good.

That said, it's amazing how the only time we go on witch hunts is when there is money lost. Marvin Warner, Ken Lay, etc. were all great guys when they were making money, but when their companies do under you always need a scapegoat. Not saying this guy is just a victim of a bad economy, but often times it seems as though people are.
anonymous

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 16, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That said, it's amazing how the only time we go on witch hunts is when there is money lost. Marvin Warner, Ken Lay, etc. were all great guys when they were making money, but when their companies do under you always need a scapegoat. Not saying this guy is just a victim of a bad economy, but often times it seems as though people are.
maybe you should wait and hear the facts before you support the guy. This has nothing to do with a bad economy and everything to do with greed and selfishness. When someone like this has stolen money from you and people you know and you stand by watching him and his family live like they are royalty then you can comment.

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#19 Nov 16, 2009
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should wait and hear the facts before you support the guy. This has nothing to do with a bad economy and everything to do with greed and selfishness. When someone like this has stolen money from you and people you know and you stand by watching him and his family live like they are royalty then you can comment.
Not standing up for him. In fact, I believe you on all points. I sjust never see anybody prosecuted while they are making a profit. The same behaviors are going on while making a profit, aren't they?
annoyed

Columbus, OH

#20 Nov 16, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey enzyte bob, I think the meds are swelling your brain instead of your xxxx!! Would you be trivializing the situation if it was your 91 year old grandma who was robbed of over 1 million dollars??? The laugh is on you as well because he also stole over 13 million dollars from the federal government. Is that how you wanted your hard earned tax dollars spent??? Why don't you go down to any of the 6 apartment complexes that this xxxhole bought with hud money and did not put a single dollar back into and explain to the residents there that he is a victim of the bad economy. I would love to hear your theory's after that, that is if you don't get linched before you can escape. Do some research before you comment, you are totally ignorant!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If rents are 'ridiculous,' would buying make mo... 11 min notsofast 2
Senior Americans burdened with student debt 7 hr budd 90
Man with fraud history arrested for swindling $... Mon kendi 1
Albertans feeling financial pinch, 42% live pay... Sep 12 The Intelligentry 1
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Sep 12 Swedenforever 8
Long Island Roofer Sentenced In New Rochelle Scam Sep 12 stenbrian333 1
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep 12 hubertfields00 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mortgage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••