NAACP Decries "Urban Apartheid"

NAACP Decries "Urban Apartheid"

There are 2 comments on the New Haven Independent story from Mar 28, 2013, titled NAACP Decries "Urban Apartheid". In it, New Haven Independent reports that:

Black New Haveners lag 40 points behind white peers on reading tests, have half the average income of white families, and are concentrated together in struggling neighborhoods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Haven Independent.

Nate F

Peoria, IL

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Finally... someone living up to the mission and purpose of the NAACP. NAACP leaders should challenge our society to strive to be better in areas of inequity.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#3 Mar 29, 2013
blk people are truly counting on the school system to educate their children. then when they find that their child can barely read at the standard level, they still don't seem to "get" it.

i would NEVER rely on a public school to teach my child reading skills..

as a matter of fact, my child would not even be in these schools. i would home school mine.

economics, home ownership and being isolated to "urban" areas is a problem for most majority blk occupied cities and towns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Decomposing Body Found In Foreclosed NoHo Home (Dec '08) 23 hr hood-cats 8
News Ryan presents plan for a largest corporate tax ... Fri Atlas sans Balls 2
News `I like helping people' (Aug '07) Jun 21 FuckIt 314
News End of legislative session laws a " Zombie Prop... Jun 18 Mos-A 1
News Syndicate mortgages: Solid returns for fixed terms Jun 18 cop fooled 2 1
News Windermere family, 3 others face racketeering c... (Dec '08) Jun 17 Eddie 56
News Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. Offers Best New... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Prairie Trails Lot 34
More from around the web