Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. Offer...

Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. Offers Best New Home Value At Butternut Ridge In Manhattan

There are 34 comments on the I-Newswire.com story from Feb 27, 2013, titled Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. Offers Best New Home Value At Butternut Ridge In Manhattan. In it, I-Newswire.com reports that:

Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. recently opened sales on 18 new construction homes at Butternut Ridge in Manhattan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at I-Newswire.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
quit your whining

Crete, IL

#23 Apr 22, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of the people that just picked up and moved.......Foreclosure or Short Sale?
Nope, I would be one of the people who still lives there!
People

United States

#24 Apr 25, 2013
Forcloser, bankr, shortsale, and you want to bash the developer as he might of had to regroup as the sould of it some of you lost your homes as he lost the land. Same differance! Nothings perfect in this world and nothing is forever
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#26 Apr 25, 2013
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, how is it these people are mad at the developer that their houses are not worth $300k like they purchased them for or because their house went into foreclosure or short sale. Like EVERY builder there are shortcuts and mistakes. We all make mistakes! It's nice to see the construction, whether distinctive or anyone else. 6 homes getting built in BR is a great thing for all current residents and looking at the size of the one on the corner lot, looks like it should drive your home prices up!
I am not blaming the builder for the value of my home now, I have the issue of he is a crappy builder and closed his doors, screwed the bank amongst others and now is back in business like nothing has happened. It is good to see the lots getting built on ......especially since it is another builder doing the work.
Lady

Elgin, IL

#27 Apr 25, 2013
I agree with "Unbelieveable" 100%! I hope that the new builder has more success than Distinctive.
Agreed

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 25, 2013
How many lots does the new builder have? I see the 3 houses he's building but I heard the two inside the subdivision are homeowner builders and the one by the trailer is being put up by distonctive. Anyway the houses get built its better than no construction. This is movement in the right direction for everyone in the area.
Distinctive Home Sales

Europe

#29 Apr 28, 2013
Homes for sale in Western cape, capetown South africa. Contact Engr Poshmiyor 0092348164932655, The homes are cheap and affordable.
Gutless HOA owner

Bloomingdale, IL

#30 Apr 29, 2013
WAAAAA,if i move think will the HOA there,scratch lazy ass?
bIG BOy

Manhattan, IL

#31 Apr 29, 2013
i Pooped on the potty today mommy said i big boy now
Current Distinctive Owner

Crete, IL

#33 May 29, 2013
I own a home in Butternut and i am proud to say Distinctive built it.

I have shown my home to prospective Distinctive buyers and i want new homes to be built here.
I talk to my neighbors and they are also pleased with their purchase.

I do not believe many of the comments that are posted here.

I do not believe that an actual homeowner in Butternut would deliberately post negative comments about their home or the builder because it would negatively affect their values.

I think a lot of these negative posts are false.

I live here and i just do not get it.

Distinctive is very fair and builds a very good home with the best standard features of any builder in the area in a similar price range.
Happy Homeowner

Crete, IL

#34 May 29, 2013
I am very happy with the home we built with Distinctive. Yes I have had some minor problems, but when you are a homeowner those are things you have to handle.

My neighbors are happy with their home as well. I think these posts are false.

Walk door to door in the subdivision and actually ask people what they think and I guarantee they will say they are happy
New Owner

Crete, IL

#35 May 29, 2013
I recently bought a distinctive home. I spoke with numerous current homeowners in butternut and leighlinbridge and i spoke with the building department. All had positive comments about Distinctive.
I shopped all the home builders around. No other homebuilder offered the quality of products and the high level of selections that distinctive did. they offer all ceramic tile as a standard for the hard surface areas not vinyl. so those that say that distinctive gives you cheap vinyl tile flooring is wrong. its the other builders that give you cheap vinyl flooring not distinctive.
in fact i upgraded to oak flooring for no charge in the kitchen and foyer. so oak flooring is a standard feature. i know i just made my selections! if anyone says different then they are lying for some reason.
all my cabinets are custom made maple no box box cabinets, and they are all wood construction no press board. no other builder could touch the level of standard selections i got with distinctive. my carpet even came standard with lifetime stain resistance. with 3 small kids i know i can use that sometime in the future.
my husband even walked through some of the homes distinctive built and is building. the construction quality is great he says.
The Judge

Aurora, IL

#36 May 30, 2013
The last three posts appear to be from the same person. I wonder how long they have worked for Distinctive????
Not a distinctive home

United States

#37 Jun 12, 2013
I'm building in BR and no distinctive is not touching it. I've met many of my neighbors now and I have not heard many good things about distinctive! Visual and structural issues. everyone I talked to said they were all mentioned prior to closing, they made a checklist, closed and never fixed a thing! My advice if you got suckered into deceptive homes, don't close until everything is perfect or it will never be fixed.

The one thing I could say good about them is they go thru brakur cabinetry in shorewood for cabinets. They are a top of the line cabinet maker in my opinion. They are the company used by burdelik builders as well.

If you are considering buying a distinctive home, go to random houses and ask the current residence their experiences. Take everything on here lightly until you find out for yourself.

Good luck to new distinctive home purchasers, from what I hear, ull need it!
Prairie Trails Lot

Crete, IL

#40 Jun 17, 2016
I closed on a Distinctive Home Builders Home late last year.
I have to say our experience was exceptional.
Other than some winter work related items we closed with a zero punch list which I know they say is there policy but it is true.
They finished our drive, sidewalks and sod in early spring and we still have no punch list.
I tell my friends and they cant believe my new home building experience because their builders were so unfriendly and shoddy.
They have all been to my home and cannot believe the quality of materials and construction.
I have referred many customers to Distinctive Homebuilder's at Prairie Trails and two are building now.
If you want a high quality home at a great price you need to check out Prairie Trails in Manhattan.
In fact, just drive around the subdivision and ask someone about their experience with Distinctive.

Everyone I know is so happy with their home.

Thanks Distinctive, you have a refreshing way of doing business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Jul 18 Hillary Voters Ma... 21
News Bank of America profits fall 20 percent, hurt b... Jul 18 jasonJay351 1
Outreach Housing LLC & Blair Wright (Oct '08) Jul 15 Reality Check 234
News US stocks climb on strong June jobs report; ban... Jul 11 Mugs mahone 1
News Marriage Licenses Steven Gibson (Oct '12) Jul 10 Nosey 10
News Q&A with John C. Williams, president and CEO of... (Oct '14) Jul 9 amineunited 13
I want to help pay off your mortgage Jul 7 greenjenn 1
More from around the web