Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. Offers Best New Home Value At Butternut Ridge In Manhattan

Distinctive Home Builders, Ltd. recently opened sales on 18 new construction homes at Butternut Ridge in Manhattan. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
almost a resident

United States

#2 Mar 11, 2013
we checked out all the new home builders in the lincolnway school district area and we found distinctive at butternut ridge in manhattan to offer the most square footage with the best floor plan with numerous really good high quality free upgrades included at no cost to be the best value by far in the area.

So my wife and i bought one of there biggest homes and are starting very soon.

distinctive has built more than a thousand homes in the area and we talked with several current homeowners and they were all happy.

i also found out that distinctive has built more than 200 homes in manhattan and the building department speaks very highly of the company and the owner.
Beware

Elgin, IL

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Best of luck......do not fall for the sweet talk as they do not care after they take your money. This sounds crazy, but you may want to have it inspected after it is built before you close...will save you a lot of headaches.
Manhattan is in Illinois

Manhattan, IL

#4 Mar 11, 2013
I hope you didn't put a deposit down! I guess I can be the first to welcome you to Manhattan and the worst purchase you will ever make. However I do know a lot of good subs and repairmen seeing as my POS house required 26k so far in fixes.
Building in BR

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2013
almost a resident wrote:
we checked out all the new home builders in the lincolnway school district area and we found distinctive at butternut ridge in manhattan to offer the most square footage with the best floor plan with numerous really good high quality free upgrades included at no cost to be the best value by far in the area.
So my wife and i bought one of there biggest homes and are starting very soon.
distinctive has built more than a thousand homes in the area and we talked with several current homeowners and they were all happy.
i also found out that distinctive has built more than 200 homes in manhattan and the building department speaks very highly of the company and the owner.
How much are your getting paid to plug distinctive? I'm assuming your on their payroll or just really didn't do any comparative research...how reasonable are the homes when the biggest starts at 290k on a base lot which is only 3-4 to chose from then you need to get upgrades cuz base he gives nothing besides vinyl and linoleum. Get the needed upgrades and a premium lot and your easily at the 350k mark.... Go plug distinctive all u want but I don't buy it that your building....me on the other hand will be building shortly in BR but not thru either builder...
Haters

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2013
If you dont like your house, then sell and leave!
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#8 Mar 13, 2013
Haters wrote:
If you dont like your house, then sell and leave!
The only way to sell in this market for that subdivision is a short sale and or foreclosure....otherwise your trapped.
Hey Almost A Resident

Manhattan, IL

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Obviously, you did not do your homework. You should have visited the other subdivision that "Deceptive" Homes built in Manhattan and asked questions. Also, what kind of nut sack are you? Building a new home when you can get a practically new home for far less....then you can upgrade the way you want it and still be 10's of thousands cheaper. Good luck because there is a home for sale in Leighlinbridge Estates that the owner paid $399,000 and its been for sale for over 3 years. He is so under water we call him Jacques Cousteau.
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Hey Almost A Resident wrote:
Obviously, you did not do your homework. You should have visited the other subdivision that "Deceptive" Homes built in Manhattan and asked questions. Also, what kind of nut sack are you? Building a new home when you can get a practically new home for far less....then you can upgrade the way you want it and still be 10's of thousands cheaper. Good luck because there is a home for sale in Leighlinbridge Estates that the owner paid $399,000 and its been for sale for over 3 years. He is so under water we call him Jacques Cousteau.
What other subdivision in Manhattan did Distinctive build?
Hey Almost A Resident

Manhattan, IL

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Leighlinbridge Estates behind the school Wilson Creek.
for sale

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 15, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>The only way to sell in this market for that subdivision is a short sale and or foreclosure....otherwise your trapped.
Yep! I'm trapped too! And I'm in a different subdivision.
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#13 Mar 15, 2013
for sale wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! I'm trapped too! And I'm in a different subdivision.
Welcome to the club......
Spike

Frankfort, IL

#14 Apr 1, 2013
Building in BR wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are your getting paid to plug distinctive? I'm assuming your on their payroll or just really didn't do any comparative research...how reasonable are the homes when the biggest starts at 290k on a base lot which is only 3-4 to chose from then you need to get upgrades cuz base he gives nothing besides vinyl and linoleum. Get the needed upgrades and a premium lot and your easily at the 350k mark.... Go plug distinctive all u want but I don't buy it that your building....me on the other hand will be building shortly in BR but not thru either builder...
trying too hard to come back and there are too many horror stories out there. all the subs that got stiffed and banks, etc....when they went bankrupt the first /second or whatever number they are on!
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#15 Apr 16, 2013
Not sure who is going into that trailer, but the other builder is putting up homes on the lots they purchased. Distinctive has no chance nor should they get one after the crap they pulled.
Spike

Frankfort, IL

#16 Apr 16, 2013
People- do your homework before going with them... ask around in the subdivision.

Since: Mar 13

India

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Hello Friends,

Simply, admirable what you have done here. It is pleasing to look you express from the heart and your clarity on this significant content can be easily looked. Remarkable post and will look forward to your future update.

Thanks a lot!
Mark
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#18 Apr 17, 2013
Spike wrote:
People- do your homework before going with them... ask around in the subdivision.
Just make sure you get an opinion from a reliable source.....original subdivision home owner.
quityourwining

Frankfort, IL

#19 Apr 18, 2013
Cry babies! All you do is whine and complain!
short sale

New Lenox, IL

#20 Apr 21, 2013
many foreclosures and short sales in bluestone bay. one just closed for under 200k. the taxes are high is the only problem. don't know if they base them on sale price of home or not? with many foreclosures and short sales going on the home values everywhere have to be way down.
Dceptive home owner

Palatine, IL

#21 Apr 21, 2013
The building dept. speaks highly? Check your plumbing before the drywall goes up. I suggest an independent plumbing inspector. Actually you should inspect every phase of construction, I cannot warn you enough!!
Unbelievable

Elgin, IL

#22 Apr 21, 2013
quityourwining wrote:
Cry babies! All you do is whine and complain!
You must be one of the people that just picked up and moved.......Foreclosure or Short Sale?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morning 10: $7B Citigroup settlement | Sotheby'... (Jul '14) Wed Sydney 4
A Midwestern Cow Girl Blew The Lid Off Of Citig... (May '12) Wed Sydney 5
Chief Assessor: There Are Many Ways To Save Mon... (Jul '11) Tue mandm 2
New loan officer named Tue Birds Landing Bob 4
Long Beacha s middle class, then ... and now Mar 1 Lucy 4
Hidden costs of buying a vacation home Feb 28 meanwhile 1
Rip 2D Blu-rays to SBS 3D MKV for 3D LG TV Feb 27 HaileyLi 1
More from around the web