Local real estate business accused of duping homebuyers

Full story: Whittier Daily News

Authorities said a real estate office now in Pico Rivera used Spanish radio commercials to lure buyers by claiming a government program would help with their mortgages.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whittier area resident

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Rot in Hell for taking advantage of these people...
Me in Whittier

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

These dudes have probably been doing this for years..Those people should go after the Real Estate Licenses.

Nice Job Century 21
MAG

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Predators & exploiters. There are no certification or qualification standards to be a loan rep. A real estate agent needs to be licensed by the state but a loan rep does not under the "corporate umbrella" policy.

Brokers are so money hungry, and with the cut-throat nature of the biz, they bring in masses of people (with no training or experience)to hire and keep the ones that are hungry or motivated enough to work on 100% commission. Since they are fresh with no experience, they train them to push,push,push the client into thinking they are missing the boat in purchasing a home. The client does not speak English and does not have a single clue about laws or rights. The only thing they care about is that their monthly mortgage will fit into their monthly budget. The loan reps know this, tell them what they want to hear.(The cant read English, thus can't read the loan docs stipulating the truth-in-lending details)They have them sign and then go on their arrogant,pompous,VIP pretentious spending sprees laughing all the way to the bank acting like the latino Donald Trump. Well, until now.

The saddest thing is that alot of these reps are immigrants themselves and lacked perspective & heart to sympathize with people in where they walked the same path at some point. Con-Artists with a smile.

Since: Jan 09

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Mexicans taking advantage of illegal aliens, isn't that an oxymoron???

LOL.

Since: Jan 09

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

And these people probably all support amnesty - can you imagine. Shame on them !

Joseph Villaescusa, 46, of Whittier; real estate brokers Isabel Gutierrez, 49, and Tony Gutierrez, 52, of Downey; and Ralph Rodriguez, 39, of Huntington Beach.

Similar charges were filed against Maxres, Inc., Century 21 Allstars and Gutierrez & Associates. Officials said Villaescusa is the president of Maxres, Inc. which does business as Century 21 Allstars. Century 21 is now located in Pico Rivera.
Stupid Criminals

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

If these allegations are true, these people are evil. Plain and simple.
Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

The DRE trusted had initially suspended his license on 11/30/1998. See his this brokers license history below:

License Type:
BROKER

Name:
Villaescusa, Joseph Garcia

Mailing Address:
9155 TELEGRAPH RD 2ND FLR
PICO RIVERA, CA 90660

License ID:

Expiration Date:
03/23/10

License Status:
LICENSED *** RESTRICTED ***

Broker License Issued:
08/29/95 (Unofficial -- taken from secondary records)

Former Name(s):
NO FORMER NAMES

Main Office:
9155 TELEGRAPH RD 2ND FLR
PICO RIVERA, CA 90660

DBA
NO CURRENT DBAS

Branches:
NO CURRENT BRANCHES

Affiliated Licensed Corporation(s):
01280965 - Officer Expiration Date: 05/18/12
MAXRES Inc
**THIS OFFICER IS RESTRICTED. THIS CORP IS NOT RESTRICTED.**

01190864 - Officer Expiration Date: 01/03/99
Century 21 Allstars Inc
**THIS OFFICER IS NOT RESTRICTED. THIS CORP IS RESTRICTED.**
REVOKED AS OF 03/24/98

Comment:
04/09/97 - H-26746 LA

05/01/97 - H-26742 LA

03/24/98 - REVOKED-RIGHT TO RESTRICTED LICENSE

11/30/98 - SUSPENDED FOR 100 DAYS-STAYED ON CONDITION

11/30/98 - H-26742 LA RELEASED

NO OTHER PUBLIC COMMENTS
Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

This broker is full of shit with his statement saying he doesnt sell houses:

"I had no involvement in this. I'm the corporate president. I don't sell houses. I know as much as you," Villaescusa said Wednesday. He said he got a copy of the press release issued Tuesday by the L.A. City Attorney's Office."

However, if you google his name Joseph Villaescusa, you'll get a home he listed back in early December, see below:

5100 Clara Street, Cudahy CA 90201Map Share on $280,000 Calculate • Mortgage payments • Rent vs Buy
3 br 3 ba sqft Apt/Condo/Twnhm
Description provided by Trulia.
Description provided by Realty Trac.
Beautiful town house centraly located in the city of Cudahy, features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms central A C, close to schools, transportation, easy access to 710 FWY, seller is very motivated and willing to help with buyers closing cost.(not a short sale) Agents lets open escrow this is a must see property and thank you for showing. Directions Main streets are Wilcox and Clara st.--------- Rooms

View more details
Street View may not accurately display this property and should be used as a way to survey the surrounding neighborhood. My Notes[-] delete [+] edit Property information for 5100 Clara StInfo Status For Sale
Listing Type Resale
MLS/Source ID R810591
Total views
(as of 4/15/09) 43

Listing Source
www.century21.com Broker Century 21
Agent Joseph Villaescusa
Days on Trulia 131
ZIP code 90201

http://www.trulia.com/property/1065879796-510...
you must pay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Villaescusa will get prison time with his rat team.
Friend

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

I know joe personally and dont believe he would risk a thriving real esate office to make an extra 20k He is very wealthy and has been wealthy far before this scheme started in 2006. I do believe mexican real estate agents think they have made it in life and they may think they are smart but this scheme did catch up with them. time will tell.
mom from-Whittier

Diamond Bar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

I am glad to hear that this Joe guy has money, so now he can use it to help those people he tried to scam. Its the saddest thing when people like this use their knowledge or power to scam on people who dont know any better.
you must pay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Friend wrote:
I know joe personally and dont believe he would risk a thriving real esate office to make an extra 20k He is very wealthy and has been wealthy far before this scheme started in 2006. I do believe mexican real estate agents think they have made it in life and they may think they are smart but this scheme did catch up with them. time will tell.
DONT BE STUPID!!
Friend

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Joe is among the wealthiest people in Whiiter. He donates thousands of dollars to Whittier Pres Hospital and lives to pass on his talents to those willing to learn. I can bet that joe will personnally help these victims in any way he can. I can also bet Joe will have no more involvment with these agents. I could be wrong but it simply doesnt make sense..... the money Joe would have recieved is peanuts to him. Honestly!! And yes he may have listings in his name but that does not mean he "SELLS" homes or that he is an active "REALTOR". Let me explain, say an agents license is suspended, expired, or the individual is in the process of earning a license and he is working (calling, passing out flyers, assisting in an open house etc.) he needs a liscensed agent to write the deal. You dont need a license to work in real estate however you need a license to write deals, contracts WHATEVER. Now this may have been the case and may not have, I dont know. However, this is one of many circumstances that could be possible. Time will Tell
In the Business

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Friend wrote:
I agreed wit you until you made this comment!!!

"I do believe mexican real estate agents think they have made it in life and they may think they are smart but this scheme did catch up with them. time will tell."

I am a Mexican in the business and proud to say it and hard working one too. And yes I do think I made pretty good in this career. But I earn good money by helping my own find a place called home I work very hard and by the book. I think that comment specifying one ethnicity was uncalled for. There are good agents as well as bad ones from every race and culture in this business like every other business sadly there are people who are in it for the love of their job and the money and some who are greedy ad just in it for money without worrying who they will hurt in the long run. I do not think this broker was directly involved in this conspiracy but I do think as a broker it was his duty to make sure his employees give the best customer service as possible and it is a broker duty to personally view every other file and observe how their employees perform their deals. By monitoring every complaint received no matter how small and not turn the other cheek an act like nothing is wrong. Im pretty sure his office was contacted looking for these agents and messages left with a receptionist to relay to the agents. If you want to now if something is wrong the receptionists are the first ones to know after all they get calls back and forth with frustrating customers wanting to contact agents. They now something is wrong and should advise the brokers the client keeps calling because the agent does not return phone calls. That is when the broker should follow up on the call and make sure questions are answered. After all this business is best when you work by referrals
uidiot

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

I trust none of you. You know all the loopholes, so, hence, before I sell OUR HOME, I will do MY HOMEWORK first and will not deal with any taco shack or ying yang wanna be's, having an excuse for NOT taking the test to get a licence, GED, whatever,cause they couldn't PASS it... REALTORS.

PEACE OUT
Whittier Resident

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

I myself knows Joe on a personal level. Joe has alway had the best if someone had something Joe went and bought the same thing but better. I don't know anyone who has out did Joe. Hopefully this is not true on Joe's behalf and if it is hopefully Joe gets what he deserves. Hang in there Joe hopefully it works out for you and your family.
uidiot

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

felons of a feather " STICK " together !
Keke

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

What happen - were they arraigned?
Please get some therapy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Whoever ever wrote this comment should be completely ashamed of themselves.

"I do believe mexican real estate agents think they have made it in life and they may think they are smart but this scheme did catch up with them. time will tell."

In todays society we try to live without racism. When comments are made about a certain race or ethnicity it shows how inferior you feel about yourself. Look in the mirror and tell the big loser to get a life. Greed is within all races. If you have the capacity to google the internet just type in "scams" and you'll find scam stories that encompasses all races or ethnicities. It's sad to believe that bigots like you are still trying to spread their poison.

At least these so called Mexican Real Estate agents have a DRE license. The DRE will never consider giving you a license, considering the garbage you have in your head. Racism in not tolerated in our Real Estate Industry.

I feel sorry for such a pathetic person like yourself. Please get some therapy.

Real Estate Broker
GEO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

AND THATS HOW MAKES MILLION DOLLAR AGENTS... BY SCREWING OVER INNOCENT PEOPLE. GOOD 1 JOE!!! NO WONDER THAT OFFICE HAS SUCH BAD REPUTATION AND ALL THE AGENTS THAT COME OUT OF THEIR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••