Suit accuses lender of harassment

Horry County residents have filed two class-action lawsuits against Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc., accusing one of the nation's largest manufactured-home lenders of making harassing telephone calls to ... Full Story
NIGHTSHIFT

Pittsboro, NC

#41 Oct 14, 2011
NIGHTSHIFT wrote:
<quoted text>Still you are too much of a slow minded lazy boy to ever be creative enough to create your own screen name and discuss a real topic. I have no doubt that the reason for this is that you wish you could be as intelligent and as creative as I am.
You are way too much of an immature burn out to say or do anything real so you must pretend to be me, since that what lazy welfare boys do.
Seriously? Nobody thinks that you are creative or intelligent except for you.
Martin C Fussell

Lowell, NC

#42 Nov 2, 2011
Sandy wrote:
21st mortgage owned by the same company does the same thing to me. Phone calls have started as early as 7:30am several times a day during our grace period also. Harrassed our neighbors relatives manager of the mobile home park we live in. Threatened our minor son telling him we better find a new home (not even late yet) constant threats. Called my neighbors untilthey got my private cell phone numberand my name isn;t on the mortgage at all. Now they call that number several times a day. The calls start the first day the mortgage is due and has been going on for almost 5 years now. Though I have never fallen over my grace period in the entire time. They still continually harrass my husband our neighbors relatives etc. They found my 78 year old mother in law in Virginia and we live in NY and they have called her several times. Unknown how they found her. Complained to supervisors they just laugh at you and call you a liar. If the lawyers for these people read this try to contact me
I am experiencing the same thing at this time. The calls to me my neighbors and my mobile home park office have been continuous for about a week now. In the past I have had them send someone to my home even after I told them I had suffered the lose of my grandson. The individual came to my home during a time when I had several people at my residence paying their respects. If anyone knows of a class action suite I can join, please let me know by e-mail. M_Fussell_99@yahoo.com. This is the worst company I have ever dealth with.
Martin C Fussell

Lowell, NC

#43 Nov 2, 2011
I am experiencing the same thing at this time. The calls to me my neighbors and my mobile home park office have been continuous for about a week now. In the past I have had them send someone to my home even after I told them I had suffered the lose of my grandson. The individual came to my home during a time when I had several people at my residence paying their respects. If anyone knows of a class action suite I can join, please let me know by e-mail. M_Fussell_99@yahoo.com. This is the worst company I have ever dealth with.
Dr Palmer

Murrells Inlet, SC

#45 Nov 8, 2011
Warren Buffet says one thing and does another.
Angela Washington Stature

Grandview, TX

#46 Jan 16, 2012
I have been dealing with 21st Mortgage for five years now and the interest is very high after six years i can not even tell where the 413 dollar payments are going my balance doesn't even go down at all.
denise

Richmond, VA

#48 Jan 31, 2012
yesterday I got a certified letter A NOTICE OF DEFAULT AND RIGHT TO CURE.yet this morning aMAN from vanderbuilt comes in my yard and calls vanderbuilt for me to talk to..I am told I had 2 hours to get a single payment in ,wouldnt even take a post dated check for friday...the default letter states I have 30 days to get in 2 payments ...I dont get it..And yes I get a daily call or every 3 or 4 hrs they call errrrr!!!!What to do
claiborne

United States

#49 Feb 10, 2012
They really need a teacher in customer service. I would be embarrassed to have the name Vanderbilt Mortage associated with me...be it employer,employee, stockholder. One thing is for certain. They have a horrible reputation. They may get by, just like a rent to own furniture store. But, they will NEVER be able to draw in customers who have a good credit score with good jobs who would be the idea customer.

Word gets out on businesses with BAD business pactices. They will shorten the life span of their company. Vanderbilt Motage will not survive and will be a name of the past. Bottom line...You can not treat your ustomers like that and expet to not destroy your business.

Their is no sense in using scare tactics on these poor people. If they are behind, stick to the fats. A fact would be the truth when their payment had to be pd before
foreclosure proceedings start. This company deserves an award. The Jerry Springer of the mobile home industry.
clyde040867gmail com

United States

#50 Feb 20, 2012
if anyone getting up law suit against vanderbuilt let me know i'd like to join
Vicky

Phoenix, AZ

#51 May 14, 2012
Clayton Homes (aka Vanderbuilt Mortgage) have been beyond brutal to me, and taken advantage every way possible. In my opinion they are total cheats, liars , cunning , decietful,....sounds like I am describing the devil himself...WELL.... WHO EVER RUNS THE COMPANIES NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY EXPOSED OF THEIR UNDERMINING WAY..THEY HAVE TO BE TOTALLY INVESTIGATED AND MADE TO PAY FOR THEIR INDISCRESSIONS,HOW DO WE ALL JOIN TOGETHERNTO GO ABOUT THIS?
Someone needs to let me know ... PLEASE ...
STILL WAITING

United States

#53 Jul 1, 2012
I had a loan through Vanderbilt back in 2001. I had combined the land and the home. The contractor I used to setup the home on the land ripped me off, too. It took them over a year to get the home setup to live in, I had to pay the mortgage for a year while waiting, they did not seem to care about that. Then one day I noticed the VIN numbers on the home did not match the VIN numbers on the contract, when I questioned them about that while they were harassing me for only being a few days late on a few payments since I had to pay for two places to live while the dam thing was getting setup on the property. They were speechless when I questioned the VIN #'s. So, I spent $14k on the land and $3000 for the setup and delivery. I was too afraid to try and sell the home and later someone sue me for selling them a stolen home - yep they sold me a stolen home!!!! And then stole it back using their illegal practices. My way out was filing bankruptcy - when my lawyer called them they said they wanted out of the deal just as bad as I did. Why would a lender practice business this way and think they are going to get away with it, they were rolling these homes from family to family. Strange thing was I supposedly bought a repossessed home for $39K, but the value was $70K if bought brand new. When I got the sewer lines hooked up the workers told me this had never been used before, they swore this was a brand new home. How could that be if I bought a repossessed home?? They are stealing homes from somewhere and selling them once to someone and stealing them back using illegal business tactics. I received a class act law suit notecard in the mail in 2008, stating I was involved, I have never heard or seen anything after I received that, I have called the phone number on the class act lawsuit card - never get a physical answer, just an answering machine. IT did say the max for the lawyers was over 4 million. I have never received a penny from this so called class act law suit, but the notice did state if anyone filed bankruptcy, they would reverse that on their credit report. It is now 2012 still have not received anything or heard anymore. I lost quite of bit of money over this and had to find a new place to live and at the time the economy of course was not good, so I had to relocate to another state and start over with 2 children at the time, it was a NIGHTMARE. Now it has been quite a few years and my bankruptcy will be lifted by law anyway. I hope all them assholes burn in hell for their crooked business dealings. I look back and even the contractor was as crooked I think they were in on it, too!!!! I will never trust another lender EVER!!!! IT was so humiliating. And you whomever said people are white trash for living in a mobile home - FU!!! What about all the fucking people that have bought houses that have lost them over the last 8 years because they really had no business buying a $200K home making $50K a year??? ANd then racking up all their credit cards to get by and fucking the creditors over to keep up w/the jones/ Now stick that up your ass!!! Wonder where the fuck they all live now???
21st Mortgage Corp

Tellico Plains, TN

#54 Jul 5, 2012
If you have 21st Mortgage and would like to start a class action lawsuit go to this URL

http://www.gotaclassaction.com/contact.php...

Tell your story and if enough people gets involved the attorneys will become interested.

(Please repost this URL everywhere and lets take action; post it constantly on any complaint so we can become thousands)
April Walker

Forest, MS

#55 Nov 30, 2012
They are so rude. They kept going up on my monthly notes it was ridiculous. I could no longer afford it so they foreclosed on it this year. By being a single parent of three I was forced to move back in with my mom. But don't worry I got an attorney on this matter.
fed up

Pawleys Island, SC

#56 Nov 30, 2012
Omg people! Its no wonder America has lost its excellent credit rating.... listen stop your crying losers you signed a contract! Pay you bills dead beats
hannah

Meridian, MS

#58 Jan 22, 2013
is anyone still having problems with vanderbuilt
Jack

Alliance, OH

#59 Nov 19, 2013
Has anyone found out about a class action law suit against Vanderbuilt?
Maggie FL

Lake Worth, FL

#61 Jan 6, 2014
21st Century Mortgage Corp has got to be the worse company in the country. Like so many others I too have been harassed by these clowns non stop both through calls at my job and my cell phone. I was only a few days past due on my mortgage and the calls began. These morons belittle me, threaten me with no fear of consequence. They've told me before that "I either have to increase my income or decrease my spending". Seriously??? I was on medical leave for four months yet I still managed to make my payments, late but they were made. I fell a month behind for the first time since I've had my loan and now they are refusing my payment. I have lost sleep n my hair over the amount of stress 21st Century has put me under. There's got to be a law firm willing to take these clowns down. I am in the process of searching for an attorney that will help me with a harassment suit against them. I have saved email correspondence between me and them, I have proof that they'd continued to call me at work after I've told them to stop and I have even started recording my conversations with them. Although I've told them I'm recording the conversation they still behave rudely an uncivilized.
deb

United States

#63 Mar 10, 2014
Vanderbilt is the worse! They call after a few days of being late and they don't talk to you, they yell at you the whole time! I'm disabled and very sick, but they don't care if they add more stress to my life. I want to get in on a class action lawsuit!
Sadie

Anderson, IN

#64 Mar 17, 2014
Maggie FL wrote:
21st Century Mortgage Corp has got to be the worse company in the country. Like so many others I too have been harassed by these clowns non stop both through calls at my job and my cell phone. I was only a few days past due on my mortgage and the calls began. These morons belittle me, threaten me with no fear of consequence. They've told me before that "I either have to increase my income or decrease my spending". Seriously??? I was on medical leave for four months yet I still managed to make my payments, late but they were made. I fell a month behind for the first time since I've had my loan and now they are refusing my payment. I have lost sleep n my hair over the amount of stress 21st Century has put me under. There's got to be a law firm willing to take these clowns down. I am in the process of searching for an attorney that will help me with a harassment suit against them. I have saved email correspondence between me and them, I have proof that they'd continued to call me at work after I've told them to stop and I have even started recording my conversations with them. Although I've told them I'm recording the conversation they still behave rudely an uncivilized.
I agree! Worst company I have ever had to deal with! They try to threaten and scare you, I pretty much told them what I thought and hung up , and I think I have blocked every line from them by now (thanks to the block caller feature on the Iphone)......If I am late or have been its been like 2 days, 4 at the most and it is HORRIBLE how they treat people! Im just glad I live nowhere near their office...just sayin....

Since: Mar 14

Lenoir, NC

#65 Mar 26, 2014
I agree with every post on here....makes me angry when so many people have been harassed....I was doing research on 21st Mortgage..which I should of done before I got the loan. the research lead me to this page on topix....I was in awe of the people who have been taken advantage of because of their. ignorance..innocence and trust..I join you all in this....I even made the comment to one of their employees..what's next strong arm.. or a hit man??...so my research and thoughts have lead me to this....I first thought of states attorney's office but when I seen these post and so many of them from different states...thought of the Attorney Generals office...has anyone done this?? what about the local and national media....we all need to start calling these people....I was so angry at 21st Mortgage for giving personal infro out to someone that wasnt even on contract.. asking them questions about what I own..and my personal life..no where on my contract about that... and what I spend my money on..ect ect....thought about calling Michael Moore..lol...maybe he would be interested in doing a documentary on this company..lol...my other thoughts was going to office in Knoxville and picket at their front door...People time to ban togeather and start making calls...we are so busy just trying to survive...and they know this...we don't take time to fight back...so call your representatives and Attorney General...and news media..this is on my to do list on my next weekday off...please do this..go for it what can it hurt..oh yeah what about facebook...they might let you post on public page...on law suit part...oh yeah ..before I forget check out the better business page on them...you can contact owner of company also or his representative ..might not be true??
Diane Moore

Wichita, KS

#68 Jun 17, 2014
I have dealt with 21st Mortgage for 4 years and they are nasty people. They even lie to you, I told them to check my escrow and was advised that there was no money in the escrow account. Low and behold they found my escrow 138.60, so that has to be applied to my May 2014 payment they are planning on Repo. my home on the 20th of this month if I don't come up with the balance by that date. I've spoken to a couple of agency's and they are trying to help me but I've been advised that 21st will say they lost my payment or something to repo my home we are an elderly people and have no place to go. Someone should file suit against this company for fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mortgage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House: Holder resigning as attorney general Thu Swedenforever 113
What Wall Street won in budget deal Thu theidiotsdareunited 3
Congressman defends 'Citibank' provision Dec 16 Hooogle It 2
Discover to begin offering home equity loans (Mar '13) Dec 16 jordennancy23 5
Paulson to give update today on financial bailout (Nov '08) Dec 10 Swedenforever 17
Stocks plummet as Paulson says Feds won't buy b... (Nov '08) Dec 9 swedenforever 24
Paulson reverses course on rescue (Nov '08) Dec 7 swedenforever 2
More from around the web