Is buying 14K jewelry a good investment?

Is buying 14K jewelry a good investment?

Posted in the Investing Forum

Since: Dec 09

Napa, CA

#1 Dec 27, 2009
I cannot see how I can lose owning 14K jewelry, but I might be fooling myself. I just bought 23.4 grams of gold in a necklace for $448. Did I get a good deal?
pawnbroker

Coweta, OK

#2 Jan 29, 2010
not at last bid from goldbuyers that i use
provided its all real 14/k gold its worth about $16 a gram us $374.40 is about all your gold necklace could be worth

Since: Dec 09

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2010
pawnbroker wrote:
not at last bid from goldbuyers that i use
provided its all real 14/k gold its worth about $16 a gram us $374.40 is about all your gold necklace could be worth
Thanks. I did return it and bought another that is about 13 grams and paid $311. I know, not a great deal, but it was a 6 mm hollow chain and had it been solid, I would have spent far more for that mm size. I was just trying to replace a necklace that was stolen from me, so I was willing to overlook the price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Investing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stock Market Tip of the Day: thirty cents to th... (Sep '15) Sep '15 wendyleigh 1
Need investor or lender for industrial project ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 SiO2 1
A Golden Opportunity In Silver? (Jun '14) Jun '15 SuriJohn 4
Gold Dust Buyers FOB Mali needed (Feb '12) Mar '15 john 9
Swiss Banking ForEx Trade Program Minimum $50K (Jan '13) May '14 Forex trading 2
How will I know this is not a scam? (Apr '12) May '14 coralyn7 2
No Credit Card? An advantage or disadvantage? (May '14) May '14 coralyn7 1
More from around the web