David Morgan's Top 10 Tips for Silver Investing

Posted in the Investing Forum

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 26, 2012
8. A little information can mean a lot more dollars.

You do not need to be a student of the silver market to profit from your metals investments. However, you will greatly increase your chances of success - and the size of your potential profits - if you understand the fundamental factors that drive silver prices and pay regular attention to current supply and demand considerations.

9. Collectible silver is an art - but not really an investment.

Owning fine silver items- including rare coins can provide great enjoyment and personal satisfaction. Like paintings and other artworks, they are beautiful and often quite valuable- and, if you are astute at buying and selling, they can generate large profits. In spite of this, however, always view such holdings as collectibles, NOT as investments. When you need your silver-or simply want to cash in-you do not want to have difficulty selling or be forced to forfeit a large aesthetic premium, both of which are likely with silver rarities and many numismatic coins.

10. More than 25% is too much of a good thing.

No matter how good the market looks-or how worried you are about the future of civilized society-you must always remember that silver should make up only a small to medium portion of a well diversified portfolio. Under the current economic conditions, I feel 20-25% is most appropriate. This is much more than the original 10 percent per my book of investing rules, pages 301-303. At the time the book was published the economic conditions were more stable than the world in its current environment the higher allocation is necessary!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Investing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Golden Opportunity In Silver? Jun '14 NewYorkView 1
Swiss Banking ForEx Trade Program Minimum $50K (Jan '13) May '14 Forex trading 2
How will I know this is not a scam? (Apr '12) May '14 coralyn7 2
No Credit Card? An advantage or disadvantage? May '14 coralyn7 1
Bitcoin (Best ways to get/buy and what payment ... (May '13) May '14 coralyn7 2
You are an investor, you own $ 300 million, con... (Apr '12) May '14 coralyn7 6
Gold Dust Buyers FOB Mali needed (Feb '12) Mar '14 victor 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Investing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••