Is the ccf settlement mass-mailing a ...

Is the ccf settlement mass-mailing a scam?

Created by Brittle Fingers on Dec 9, 2007

1,049 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, it's a scam

No, it's legit

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#1 Dec 9, 2007
For those who aren't aware of this, here is some info.....

http://www.business-foreclosure.com/currency_...

http://www.ccfsettlement.com

I've been on several forums where people are insisting it's a scam. The news story makes it seem legit though. I received a mailing last week and ended up returning the "easy" $25 form. Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences on this.
amy

AOL

#2 Dec 12, 2007
let us all know when you receive the next letter from them, saying they want to 'verify' your info and ask for your credit card number and your social.

I went online to file mine, checked the easy option 1 (which is what they want you to do) and was prompted to change my mailing info because they list first and last name as separate fields, but post your full name in only one field. When you click to make the simple change, it also asks for your credit card number and last 4 of your social.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#3 Dec 12, 2007
amy wrote:
let us all know when you receive the next letter from them, saying they want to 'verify' your info and ask for your credit card number and your social.
I went online to file mine, checked the easy option 1 (which is what they want you to do) and was prompted to change my mailing info because they list first and last name as separate fields, but post your full name in only one field. When you click to make the simple change, it also asks for your credit card number and last 4 of your social.
I'll post on here if that happens. And, if it does, I'll toss it out and not pursue it any further.
Tina

Burbank, CA

#4 Dec 13, 2007
I was willing to fill out option 2 online but when prompted to update name, address, supply applicable credit cards and last 4 of social I bailed. Wish there was a credible way to verify if this is a scam or not! If we're due money couldn't they come up with more safeguarded approach?
Chongo Loco

San Jose, CA

#5 Dec 13, 2007
I gotting 25 of US DOLAR for return form with credit cart infomation.
You can send me 20 of US DOLAR I sending you 25 US in return!!! YOU CAN MAKING MAXIMUM PENIS LENGTH!!!

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#6 Dec 14, 2007
Tina wrote:
I was willing to fill out option 2 online but when prompted to update name, address, supply applicable credit cards and last 4 of social I bailed. Wish there was a credible way to verify if this is a scam or not! If we're due money couldn't they come up with more safeguarded approach?
With Option 1, all I had to do was enter a code and click a button. They already had my address typed in once I entered the code that was mailed to me. I didn't have to submit any other personal or financial information.

But if they come back and ask for it, then I'll s--tcan it. I just figured it was worth the 30 seconds of effort to see if I'd get the $25.
mark

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 31, 2007
It's legit. Plenty of info online about the settlement if you're wary. If you were mailed the form, they already have your personal info anyway that the court received from you cc company when they were negotiating a settlement. Just mail the form in - it doesn't ask for your cc number or social number. Why do it online?

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#8 Dec 31, 2007
mark wrote:
It's legit. Plenty of info online about the settlement if you're wary. If you were mailed the form, they already have your personal info anyway that the court received from you cc company when they were negotiating a settlement. Just mail the form in - it doesn't ask for your cc number or social number. Why do it online?
I did it online 'cause I was on there anyway trying to research it. Once I decided to go for it, I just went to the website. Like you said though, it already had my address in there when I typed in the confirmation code. I didn't have to give any other information.
Jason

Montgomery, AL

#9 Jan 8, 2008
I just called Citbank and they said it's legit.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#10 Jan 8, 2008
Jason wrote:
I just called Citbank and they said it's legit.
Yeah, it just looks like a lot of overly skeptic people won't buy into it. But everything I've heard and read about it tells me it's legit.
michelle

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jan 30, 2008
you guys should be reading the entire settlement, or at least going into the FAQ. The credit card info and credible verification, ie. 4 digits of ssn, is asked in order to verify the foreign transactions upon approval of the claim by the court.
ace

Warren, PA

#12 Mar 4, 2008
according to many of the post with a google search, it shows its legit, as long as it has the same site and address on your form.
po box 290
Philly Pa 19105
or ccfsettlement.com if online

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#14 Jul 10, 2008
I started this thread back in December and I have still yet to receive my $25.
ktt

Tujunga, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2008
I assume it's legitimate because I learned about it from the front page of the Wall Street Journal a while back.
Flavia

North Miami Beach, FL

#16 Aug 26, 2008
I received it and I think it's a scam. I will have my attorney revise it...

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#17 Aug 26, 2008
I've still yet to get my $25. Bastards....
tanya

San Jose, CA

#18 Dec 23, 2008
It's been over a year and I haven't received the refund. It's a scam.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#19 Dec 25, 2008
Yeah, it's been one year and still nothing. I don't see what they'd have to gain though.....I didn't give them any information that they didn't already have.
tina

Severn, MD

#21 Dec 26, 2008
It's not a scam. But you may never get a refund because the case could be tied up in litigation forever. The information you received noted that it was a "proposed settlement." It is likely that when the case in finally final, consumers will get nothing.

“Serenity Now!”

York Township, OH

#22 Jan 14, 2010
It's been over a year since my last post, and I still haven't gotten my $25.

Rat bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Credit Card Debt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are in need o... (Jul '13) 14 hr CURTIZ MORGAN 23
Free CC , Bank Logs, Carding Help , Dumps, acco... (Dec '11) Jun 19 Works_Fly 168
Carding GOLD and Rough Diamond 15 - 300 grams ... Jun 17 james 1
Quick survey for debt invalidation program Jun 14 Marsijal 1
I owe over $35,000 in credit card debt!! (Jun '08) May '16 James310 14
News Credit Card Debt Consolidation Loans - Benefits... (Jan '10) May '16 James310 14
News U.S. lending helping hand on student loans (Feb '08) May '16 May772 4
More from around the web