Lowell downtown closure may be latest economic casualty

Full story: Lowell Sun 167
Foot traffic passing by the Inizio Spa on Merrimack Street saw it as another bleak sign of the times. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Gift Certificates

Burlington, MA

#1 Aug 12, 2010
so what happens to those folks that have unused gift cards to Inzio Spa? we should be able to recover that money if the store closes without a fair warning...unreal.
NAVJO

Somerville, MA

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Whats the Lowell Plan excuse this time!!!
President Hussein

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Aug 12, 2010
This is all Bush's fault!
local observer

Dracut, MA

#4 Aug 12, 2010
what is a "spa" anyway? isn't that something Donald Trump would go to?
lowell

Lowell, MA

#5 Aug 12, 2010
People don't realize that it is to expensive
in the city, and elsewhere. The city just advertized that they made $1.3 million dollars of tickets for the city.
You go out to eat, you have to pay for parking, food, and 6% sales tax on your food. everything just keeps going up-except for peoples pay.
sla

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Aug 12, 2010
lowell wrote:
in the city, and elsewhere. The city just advertized that they made $1.3 million dollars of tickets for the city.
You go out to eat, you have to pay for parking, food, and 6% sales tax on your food. everything just keeps going up-except for peoples pay.
Peoples pay do go up. Just ask Bernie Lynch,
Lowell Land

Lexington, MA

#7 Aug 12, 2010
I think their closing has more to do with the fact that they suck as a salon and spa and less to do with the state of the economy.
no more looting

Dracut, MA

#8 Aug 12, 2010
sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Peoples pay do go up. Just ask Bernie Lynch,
Correction: EVERYBODY in the city is getting a raise. Let the good times roll.
D PD

Worcester, MA

#9 Aug 12, 2010
Bring back MAT.
Amused

Boston, MA

#10 Aug 12, 2010
Aren't we all jumping the gun, just a bit? The sign is just as consistent with a family emergency or other temporary crisis as with a closure. Why not wait til the patient is dead before publishing the obituary?
SoSad

Dracut, MA

#11 Aug 12, 2010
I will miss Inizio Spa. I heard that The Cutting Edge in Chelmsford will honor your gift cards. :) Double check but I think I heard that.
Mika the Moo Maker

Framingham, MA

#12 Aug 12, 2010
lowell wrote:
Oh my God! You're kidding! You actually have to PAY for your food when you go out to eat!!? When did this start happening? Sales tax??!! What is that?? Parking garages are free anymore?? Don't the owners of these garages know that they should be humanitarians and not charge anything? Damn it!! And what about these pesky supermarkets? I went in to one yesterday and got 5 lbs. steak, 3 gallons of milk and some snacks. They wanted me to PAY for it? Can you believe it? I'm shocked! SHOCKED!!
Centralville Resident

Waltham, MA

#13 Aug 12, 2010
Is this article accurate...or is the place just temporarily closed? It really doesn't provide any information, except that they have a sign that says temporarily closed. Why does that mean they went out of business. That place is great.
no more looting

Dracut, MA

#14 Aug 12, 2010
Mika the Moo Maker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my God! You're kidding! You actually have to PAY for your food when you go out to eat!!? When did this start happening? Sales tax??!! What is that?? Parking garages are free anymore?? Don't the owners of these garages know that they should be humanitarians and not charge anything? Damn it!! And what about these pesky supermarkets? I went in to one yesterday and got 5 lbs. steak, 3 gallons of milk and some snacks. They wanted me to PAY for it? Can you believe it? I'm shocked! SHOCKED!!
Nice condescension (sarcasm and condescension intentional)!

The argument is not FREE vs. SOMETHING but instead LAST YEAR'S AMOUNT vs. EVEN MORE THIS YEAR. Sheesh. Was that intentional avoidance of the question at hand on your part or just dull-wittedness? Concession accepted.
Centralville Resident

Wayland, MA

#15 Aug 12, 2010
Mika the Moo Maker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - when you go out it costs money...Lowell is SUPER cheap compared to other cities. The cost of living in Lowell compared to any place along, and within 128 is way less. Especially going out.
Carol

Worcester, MA

#16 Aug 12, 2010
I have a gift card too that I would've used or at least to buy beauty products. Unbelieveable, closing without notice! I hope they plan to do something about it.
local observer

Dracut, MA

#17 Aug 12, 2010
Carol wrote:
I have a gift card too that I would've used or at least to buy beauty products. Unbelieveable, closing without notice! I hope they plan to do something about it.
sorry, you are an "unsecured creditor".....
local observer

Dracut, MA

#18 Aug 12, 2010
Carol wrote:
any smart local businessman/woman would probably want to honor your card hoping they will get your business.....
West Virginia Football

Boston, MA

#19 Aug 12, 2010
Who's going to go to a SPA in Lowell when there's a 90% chance Jose' and Ty Wang are going to Jump you.. Pleaseee.
Jen

Nashua, NH

#20 Aug 12, 2010
My husband received a gift certificate that was purchased just last month!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Credit Card Debt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free CC , Bank Logs, Carding Help , Dumps, acco... (Dec '11) Wed roseblood 93
What are my rights when It comes to debt collec... Oct 21 Dave Johnson 2
Debt management help! Oct 21 Bluegirl35 1
Study: Mortgage Rates have Domino Effect on Eco... Oct 20 creditrepairhouston 1
Credit Monitoring Services Are Well Worth the M... Oct 13 Ernie Trunk 1
URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are in need o... (Jul '13) Sep '14 RICK SERVICE 11
Painless ways to save $826.05 (Nov '08) Sep '14 Sarcastic Student 3

Credit Card Debt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE