Credit card reform may be shocking for some

Full story: The Reporter

Your next credit card statement is going to contain an ugly truth: how much that card really costs to use.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2014
Mike

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

We the taxpayers of the USA bailed out the banks with billions of dollars. And this is how we are repaid.

Phooey!

Our best (and perhaps only) revenge would be to get out of credit card debt as soon as we can. Pay the balance off and put the card(s) in a safe deposit box to used in an emergency only.

And if you have your savings and other deposits in a large national bank, consider moving your assets to a local bank or credit union.

Sick and tired of being kicked in the butt by large banks and not going to take it any more!

Since: Aug 10

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

credit card reform might be shocking for some when you have to pay much amount of money at once,but it Provides sensible due dates and time to pay,Restricts all interest rate increases during the first year,Requires enhanced disclosures,Restricts interest rate increases on existing balances.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Phoeey! Cut up your cards and pray to Obama! Save us!
John

Castro Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Is it really reform when the law itself was written largely by lobbyists from the banking industry?

Since: Jul 10

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

It may be that you’re fed up with their sudden rate hikes, higher fees and penalties, and other outrageous tricks.it Provides sensible due dates and time to pay,Restricts all interest rate increases during the first year,Requires enhanced disclosures,Restricts interest rate increases on existing balances.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

I think that it is still best the we get out of our own indebtedness and be frugal in the way we spend money in order not to incur more credits. I am not saying the credit is bad, but it should be well managed and controlled. Otherwise, we will be part of this country's total financial problem.
Elaine

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.
Tom Curtiss

Castro Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

Judged:

Elaine wrote:
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.
Caution! Elaine is trying to SPAM us with an unauthorized hot link.

Elaine, you need to read the TOPIX Terms of Service at...

http://www.topix.com/topix/terms

...before posting here again. The TOPIX moderators have been notified concerning your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Credit Card Debt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Education, debt avoidance smooth path to retire... (Jul '07) 20 hr GregfromFinanSavvy 4
Unpaid credit card bills growing problem (Dec '07) Aug 14 always check 27
URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are in need o... (Jul '13) Aug 12 Rick Service 10
They Give You $500 To Fix Your Credit..... Aug 11 spsdu18 1
buying credit cards (Nov '11) Aug 11 Craig 14
Want to fix your credit without paying any mone... Aug 11 Fix your credit 2
Repair Your Credit Aug 8 Sick of getting D... 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Credit Card Debt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••