Credit Card Debt Relief Act 2010 - Ho...

Credit Card Debt Relief Act 2010 - How New FTC Laws Effect Debt Settlement Programs

There are 4 comments on the I-Newswire.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Credit Card Debt Relief Act 2010 - How New FTC Laws Effect Debt Settlement Programs. In it, I-Newswire.com reports that:

The Credit Card Debt Relief Act 2010 makes it much easier and less risky for consumers to settle their credit card debt for less than they owe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at I-Newswire.com.

Jacob Marta

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 30, 2010
To correct the record it is not the credit card debt relief act that has made it "less risky" to negotiate your debts. This act only puts restrictions on the credit card companies when it comes to marketing practices. It also forces them to clearly post ALL costs associated with their credit card company. Interest rate, changes, APR and monthly payment. This is to help consumers better understand the real cost of their credit card spending.

The Telemarketing Act is what has put restrictions on existing FOR profit debt relief companies. These companies can no longer charge up-front or monthly fees. This forces them to provide all services and not be paid unless a debt is successfully settled. In this regard the consumer using this type of program has reduced their financial risk if the program fails to reduce their debts.

Be aware, many legal firms are circumventing this law, but sending a notary or representative to your home. This allows them to charge up-front fees and monthly fees. That is not all bad as these firms also typically offer full legal services to back the debt relief program. If the fees are within reason; $200 start up and approximately $25 per month it may be worth it to have that legal backing and peace in mind.

Non Profit credit counseling and Debt management companies are not affected by this law. They can still charge start up and monthly fees.. and they do. But do not confuse this type of help with debt negotiation. Debt management works with many low value debts and has pre arranged agreements with the creditors. They are also compensated by the creditors. They can be effective for many consumers with lower debts who can still afford their minimum payments.

Negotiation is best for consumers who are late, have a financial hardship and are facing a potential bankruptcy. In these cases a negotiation process is a reasonable solution and very effective at reducing the debt.

Not sure if your debts can be reduced? How much can your debts be reduced by? CreditCardBailout.com will give you two free reports on a full Debt Reduction program. Reduction amounts, potential costs (AFTER debts are reduced), credit score impact and more. It is a free no obligation service to get your free Bailout Reports. Visit http://www.creditcardbailout.com

Since: Feb 11

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Feb 1, 2011
If you need help yes the Laws have change to help you. Call 866-999-3596 learn to get 70% or more off your Credit Card Debt.
john cartner

Jaipur, India

#3 Feb 5, 2014
I am a single mother of one and found myself with a tremendous amount of credit card debt due to my hours at work being cut. The Budget Savior helped me lower my credit card rates and even get into certain financial programs that lowered my monthly payment. I am almost debt free due to the financial plan I received and soon I can start saving for my child's college.
Ivory

London, UK

#6 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Credit Card Debt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free CC , Bank Logs, Carding Help , Dumps, acco... (Dec '11) Dec 1 whiteboyz88 174
http://greatdumps.pw Best Dumps Shop 2016 - Dum... Nov 18 greatdumps_pw 4
URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are in need o... (Jul '13) Nov 6 Tiffney 28
LeoDevices Why should i buy Oct '16 Jenson 8
Get Rich Today Buy A Skimmer Oct '16 Preston 6
Help me get out of debt. Donate bitcoin here: 1... Oct '16 UsedUsername 1
repair bad credit | get a new identity | create... (May '12) Oct '16 bill 45
More from around the web