New associate minister to help set up...

New associate minister to help set up Ontario pension among Wynne cabinet moves

There are 8 comments on the Brandon Sun story from Jun 23, 2014, titled New associate minister to help set up Ontario pension among Wynne cabinet moves. In it, Brandon Sun reports that:

Premier Kathleen Wynne will be giving her finance minister an extra hand to work on one of the governing Liberals' most important files: creating a made-in-Ontario pension plan, The Canadian Press has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brandon Sun.

Survey says

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jun 23, 2014

Since: Jun 13

Pune, India

#2 Jun 23, 2014
All this is fake , they always want to make money than SHowing that they are good leaders

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#3 Jun 25, 2014
Unless this is going to replace CPP contributions it's utter bullshit. Combine that with the fact the public sector employees will be exempt from making contributions and the stench of political pandering becomes quite palpable.
The LAST thing Ontarians need is yet another deduction from their paycheques. Especially when one considers that the Wynned Bag's Liberals will be increasing the average homeowner's hydro bill by about $435/yr by the end of 2015, AND the fact that her promised 400,000 public sector jobs is going to cost Ontarians an additional $40 billion per year, give or take.
And the stupid bitch had the nerve to call Hudak, "Harris' protégé"? Looks like she picked up right where McNuggets left off. And with the morons in Ontario giving the Liberals a clear majority it looks like another 4 years(at least) of zero accountability, secret meetings, illegal contract tendering, political pandering, mismanagement and just plain incompetence.
Way to go voters of Ontario. Way to prove how amazingly stupid you truly are. Enjoy your forced pension contributions, some of the highest hydro rates outside of Europe and the big fat tab to pay for 400,000 more public sector workers.
Thank God I'm getting the hell out of this province.
The Shwa Shwa

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jun 25, 2014
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
Unless this is going to replace CPP contributions it's utter bullshit. Combine that with the fact the public sector employees will be exempt from making contributions and the stench of political pandering becomes quite palpable.
The LAST thing Ontarians need is yet another deduction from their paycheques. Especially when one considers that the Wynned Bag's Liberals will be increasing the average homeowner's hydro bill by about $435/yr by the end of 2015, AND the fact that her promised 400,000 public sector jobs is going to cost Ontarians an additional $40 billion per year, give or take.
And the stupid bitch had the nerve to call Hudak, "Harris' protégé"? Looks like she picked up right where McNuggets left off. And with the morons in Ontario giving the Liberals a clear majority it looks like another 4 years(at least) of zero accountability, secret meetings, illegal contract tendering, political pandering, mismanagement and just plain incompetence.
Way to go voters of Ontario. Way to prove how amazingly stupid you truly are. Enjoy your forced pension contributions, some of the highest hydro rates outside of Europe and the big fat tab to pay for 400,000 more public sector workers.
Thank God I'm getting the hell out of this province.
My taxes pay your retirement you old goat!
QUITTNER on June 26 2014

Toronto, Canada

#5 Jun 25, 2014
The Shwa Shwa wrote:
<quoted text>
..... Probably the old goats have all been paying for their own retirement pension plan via deductions from their wages for many years.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#6 Jun 26, 2014
The Shwa Shwa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a pretty neat trick there dumbass, considering one can't get regular CPP until 60 yrs of age and OAS until 67.
Besides, you're not kidding anyone about you paying taxes. You and the rest of the Welfare trash at Jane & Finch don't pay taxes.
Barry Yodel

Toronto, Canada

#7 Jun 26, 2014
Whisgean Barry Yoder!!!!! I approve this message.
Purely Canadian

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jun 26, 2014
Nice micro-aggression ole Yodey! Hahahahaha. Jane and Finch!!!! Hahahahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Chicago Ridge police chief's pay soared ... (Sep '12) 2 hr PensionSpike 256
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 8 hr Philosophic 13,148
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 10 hr Sad Days in America 25
News Bank lobby presses for commission to lead consu... 19 hr Captain Yesterday 1
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance Wed USA 6
News Why Women Entrepreneurs Have a Harder Time Find... Tue clackseoul 2
News Roswell seeks immigration enforcement powers (May '10) Tue Doravillian 13
More from around the web