House GOP wants to cut food stamps in...

House GOP wants to cut food stamps in drive to protect Pentagon from big federal budget cuts

There are 6931 comments on the The Washington Post story from Apr 17, 2012, titled House GOP wants to cut food stamps in drive to protect Pentagon from big federal budget cuts. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

16, 2012, file photo House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., holds up a copy of President Barack Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget during the budget committee's hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6980 Jun 4, 2012

Location hidden

#6981 Jun 4, 2012
Liberals & Conservatives Agree: We're in danger
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TQ3OE1...

Location hidden

#6982 Jun 4, 2012
By the way, HIS FEMA camps?
That's what I was talking about - being blind to reality.
So, Village Idiot George Bush did nothing?

Since: Jun 10

Rohnert Park, CA

#6983 Jun 4, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's not any more your business than if I called REWBA a ni**r - knowing full well that REWBA is a Caucasian male."
What does the color of my heart have to do with anything between you and Paul's wife? Hehehe
Actually, I believe the dude when he says he didn't get a PM from Quirky's gloryhole and their merry band of misfit mothers. I don't know if you've figured it out yet but Jack is openly gay and you know those homophobes wouldn't send a PM to Jack for fear of their computer catching aids. Those trolls have talked about you and your ex ole lady on the open forums several times and each time they do you blow a fuse, trip a breaker and go off. Jack seems to be one of those passive readers who really doesn't say a whole lot unless someone says something that really tickles his fancy. I think ole Jack Mack was as happy as a faggot in a dick tree listening to you dog out the talibaggers until you performed that illegal gay wedding. That's when Jack came out with all his guns ablaze. I was really sorry that I missed it when it was happening cause I would have really like to interject some of my own witless humor into that exchange. I didn't get to say anything until the next day when I read the exchange of fire between you two. By that time the fire was out and all I got to do was make up a hiccup joke just in time to be called a respectable smart@$$.
We were all in the military, you, Jack and I. And that was in a time when don't ask don't tell was just Miranda rights. When whitey was screaming "Speak English!" at the Puerto Ricans everyone was tossing gay jokes around. The Puerto Ricans had legal recourse to the insensitive remarks but the closet fags had to keep their mouths shut and take it like a man...or come out and get "drummed out" of the military. You do know that the term "Drummed Out" was coined after George Washington caught Lieutenant Gotthold Frederick Enslin and another dude having anal sex. They made the Lieutenant put his coat on inside out and marched him off the post to the beat of a drum. True story. Really! I don't know what they did to the other dude. Maybe George Washington kept him close by for those cold winter nights at Valley Forge. lol
LOL! Funny chit, Rewba.
Monica

Peoria, AZ

#6984 Jun 4, 2012
For all my haterz

33-22-34. 5-4. 117 lbs.

REWBA

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

United States

#6985 Jun 4, 2012
Monica wrote:
For all my haterz
33-22-34. 5-4. 117 lbs.
#1. 33 - 22 - 34 =-23
#2. 5 - 4 = 1

There that's all the help you get. You figure the last problem out for yourself.
Redman

Choctaw, OK

#6986 Jun 4, 2012
I agree with the house....cut all food stamps....let them eat grass!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6987 Jun 4, 2012
Worthy of Dickens? Our nation's wealth gap is a moral gap

Published: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 11:00 AM

[EXCERPT:]....A similar gap is evident in America today. It is a fact that just 1 percent of our population has more than 40 percent of our country’s wealth. There are more billionaires in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world. At the other extreme, one in seven Americans lives in poverty.

In just the last 30 years, the chasm between the classes has increased by 25 percent, resulting in the United States having the fourth-largest economic disparity in the world.... The wealth gap continues to grow.... The vastly different opportunities available to individuals based upon the social class they happen to be born into are as evident in modern-day United States as they were in 18th-century France.

If a child is born into a poor family and cannot afford a proper education or a fitting environment to grow up in, even strenuous diligence might lead to little or no change in the quality of the child’s life. Whereas if a child is born into an upper-class family, she will be able to afford private schooling, tutoring and a lifestyle matched to the child’s wants and needs.(Cont.)

http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/index.ssf/...
Monica

Peoria, AZ

#6988 Jun 4, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
#1. 33 - 22 - 34 =-23
#2. 5 - 4 = 1
There that's all the help you get. You figure the last problem out for yourself.
Iz that all u got?

REWBA

United States

#6989 Jun 4, 2012
Monica wrote:
<quoted text> Iz that all u got?
Actually, I don't understand the 117 lbs problem. Is that the weight of your arm flab or your belly flap? If it's arm flab then your body mass index (BMI) would be 43% but if your talking belly flap then it's a BMI of 52%

“Natural selection created apes”

Religion made them human

#6990 Jun 4, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's not any more your business than if I called REWBA a ni**r - knowing full well that REWBA is a Caucasian male."
What does the color of my heart have to do with anything between you and Paul's wife? Hehehe
Actually, I believe the dude when he says he didn't get a PM from Quirky's gloryhole and their merry band of misfit mothers. I don't know if you've figured it out yet but Jack is openly gay and you know those homophobes wouldn't send a PM to Jack for fear of their computer catching aids. Those trolls have talked about you and your ex ole lady on the open forums several times and each time they do you blow a fuse, trip a breaker and go off. Jack seems to be one of those passive readers who really doesn't say a whole lot unless someone says something that really tickles his fancy. I think ole Jack Mack was as happy as a faggot in a dick tree listening to you dog out the talibaggers until you performed that illegal gay wedding. That's when Jack came out with all his guns ablaze. I was really sorry that I missed it when it was happening cause I would have really like to interject some of my own witless humor into that exchange. I didn't get to say anything until the next day when I read the exchange of fire between you two. By that time the fire was out and all I got to do was make up a hiccup joke just in time to be called a respectable smart@$$.
We were all in the military, you, Jack and I. And that was in a time when don't ask don't tell was just Miranda rights. When whitey was screaming "Speak English!" at the Puerto Ricans everyone was tossing gay jokes around. The Puerto Ricans had legal recourse to the insensitive remarks but the closet fags had to keep their mouths shut and take it like a man...or come out and get "drummed out" of the military. You do know that the term "Drummed Out" was coined after George Washington caught Lieutenant Gotthold Frederick Enslin and another dude having anal sex. They made the Lieutenant put his coat on inside out and marched him off the post to the beat of a drum. True story. Really! I don't know what they did to the other dude. Maybe George Washington kept him close by for those cold winter nights at Valley Forge. lol
"Those trolls have talked about you and your ex ole lady on the open forums several times and each time they do you blow a fuse, trip a breaker and go off."

I can't believe that your post can get anymore tortuous than that. But, I know that it won't be long before you make me regret saying that. But let me give it a shot... Where do I start? LOL!

You're making the argument for treating Jack alike any other "troll" in spite of the fact that he thinks differently about himself. Comments about me from "trolls" rarely bother me - comments from posters passing as serious posters get my attention. The very last sentence in one of my most recent posts summarize my position on the controversy with Jack: "Don't ever become bored enough to want to talk about my marriage or my family again and expect me to treat you with any respect." I can't make it any clearer than that.

He provoked an unnecessary confrontation in spite of the fact that my comments to HETEROSEXUAL men had nothing to do with him or gay men for that matter. He continued the provocation until I struck back. Even as I struck back I never dissed his sexuality in spite of the fact that he kept baiting me with it. He crossed "MY" line regardless how anybody feels on this thread, REWBA. If Jack doesn't want me to go off about his marriage I would strongly advise him to stay away from mine. I'll dive as deep in the muck as I have to to get that point across.

(one final point...)

Religion made them human

#6991 Jun 4, 2012
I called Poosit and Queerky and Eagle and Blow-Worm and Gizno homos and I will continue calling heterosexual trolls homos until the day Topix comes up with a better way to deal with vulgar trolls. Why? Because there's no better way to piss off an insecure male, a homophobic troll, or a flaming racist than to call them fgts.

Is it offensive?
Yes! It's meant to be offensive. It usually follows the rule of quid pro quo.
ˇEl que me la hace me la paga!
People know that the first swing is free - the second is not. I don't put up with jiveass bllsht for too long. I don't generally start "personal" sht unless there's a good reason, and, I rather eat sht before I retaliate against someone that I respect even when we strongly disagree. But I do have limits, I'm rebellious, and I will latch on until the matter is settled. I don't buy into the "Ooops, I was kidding!" defense. FTBS!ˇEl que me la hace me la paga!

Is it homophobic?
Well.., you guys will have to make your own individual judgments; I laid out my argument in previous posts.

[I'll go over the rest of your comment off the thread if that's okay with you.]

Religion made them human

#6992 Jun 4, 2012
Get off the Meth wrote:
<quoted text>
How much meth do you smoke before your barbie dolls begin talking to you?
He had something stuck up hisass. He posted that stupid sht to me at 4:00AM, Denver Time.

What is this world coming to? Blowria dreams with Rico, and Queerky dreams with me. Worst of all, I have a hunch that leads me to believe that Rico got a better deal.
Upland Imperial Wizard

Pasadena, CA

#6993 Jun 4, 2012
United American Eagles wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a country girl fresh from Rockwood, Tennessee thrust by a freak of fortune into the heart of Cali's gayest society. Those reckless seekers of beauty that saw her made her famous in a night. To most she could be known as "forbidden passion," and especially to "many times scorned" obsessed gingerbread types.
Viva the truth.
She has a job, Monica doesn't plus Meg is white while Monica is brown.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6995 Jun 4, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Worthy of Dickens? Our nation's wealth gap is a moral gap
Published: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 11:00 AM
[EXCERPT:]....A similar gap is evident in America today. It is a fact that just 1 percent of our population has more than 40 percent of our country’s wealth. There are more billionaires in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world. At the other extreme, one in seven Americans lives in poverty.
In just the last 30 years, the chasm between the classes has increased by 25 percent, resulting in the United States having the fourth-largest economic disparity in the world.... The wealth gap continues to grow.... The vastly different opportunities available to individuals based upon the social class they happen to be born into are as evident in modern-day United States as they were in 18th-century France.
If a child is born into a poor family and cannot afford a proper education or a fitting environment to grow up in, even strenuous diligence might lead to little or no change in the quality of the child’s life. Whereas if a child is born into an upper-class family, she will be able to afford private schooling, tutoring and a lifestyle matched to the child’s wants and needs.(Cont.)
http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/index.ssf/...
The rate of upward social mobility is now higher in most European nations than it is in America.

If you are born into poverty in America you are likely to stay there.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#6996 Jun 4, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
The rate of upward social mobility is now higher in most European nations than it is in America.
If you are born into poverty in America you are likely to stay there.
I agree. That is precisely why there IS class warfare in America right now. It's sorely needed. The "regulars" must wrest control from the privileged if we ever hope to provide our children and theirs with opportunities to reach their potential.

Bright people are not all born into wealth. We don't have any brains to waste because of birth station. I've been saying this ever since I started posting on these threads. If we don't stop this run-away freight train, your birth station will define you for life. That is not the America into which I was born, and because I am so grateful that I could better my own life (after a rocky start), I am deeply convicted that others should have an opportunity to be their best as well.

This government is building an impoverished class of people who will find it almost impossible to escape the environment into which they were born. The best chance of them doing so is through DECENT public education for ALL children - not just the genetic lottery winners.

REWBA

United States

#6997 Jun 4, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
I called Poosit and Queerky and Eagle and Blow-Worm and Gizno homos and I will continue calling heterosexual trolls homos until the day Topix comes up with a better way to deal with vulgar trolls. Why? Because there's no better way to piss off an insecure male, a homophobic troll, or a flaming racist than to call them fgts.
Is it offensive?
Yes! It's meant to be offensive. It usually follows the rule of quid pro quo.
ˇEl que me la hace me la paga!
People know that the first swing is free - the second is not. I don't put up with jiveass bllsht for too long. I don't generally start "personal" sht unless there's a good reason, and, I rather eat sht before I retaliate against someone that I respect even when we strongly disagree. But I do have limits, I'm rebellious, and I will latch on until the matter is settled. I don't buy into the "Ooops, I was kidding!" defense. FTBS!ˇEl que me la hace me la paga!
Is it homophobic?
Well.., you guys will have to make your own individual judgments; I laid out my argument in previous posts.
[I'll go over the rest of your comment off the thread if that's okay with you.]
"Is it offensive?
Yes! It's meant to be offensive."

That's the whole point. How do you think Mr. Crapper might feel having everyone use the name of his invention in a derogatory or offensive manner over and over until the word "crapper" and later shortened to just "crap" became internationally known as and forever associated to feces or the act of defecating? I bet if he knew then what we all know today, Mr. Crapper would have called his invention something else.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. That wasn't my intent. I just wanted to hurry up and say those things now while it's still relatively socially acceptable. I'll get to the "trailer park tramps", "rednecks", "white trash", "wetbacks", "anchor babies", "liberals", "conservatives" and "Tea Bags" later. There is still lots of time before those demographics are considered "protected".

The good news is, not a whole lot of people cheered at my insensitive attempt at humor and that tells me that there may be hope for our society yet. Who knows? Until then:

Relax
Everything
Will
Be
Alright!

REWBA

Religion made them human

#6998 Jun 4, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're one crazy mofo.
I was right when I said it couldn't get more tortuous - except I hadn't realized how tortuous it really was. It took me 3 hours piece it out.
You pulled an Aesop. You wrote a satiric fable. LOL!

Ohhh maaan!!! Ohhh maaan!!!
I knew something was weird from the first reading. It took 3 hours to figure out that how methodically weird it really is.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#6999 Jun 4, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're one crazy mofo.
I was right when I said it couldn't get more tortuous - except I hadn't realized how tortuous it really was. It took me 3 hours piece it out.
You pulled an Aesop. You wrote a satiric fable. LOL!
Ohhh maaan!!! Ohhh maaan!!!
I knew something was weird from the first reading. It took 3 hours to figure out that how methodically weird it really is.
I think he's crazy like a fox, but what do I know. I haven't served my country. I have served a lot of people a lot of meals though and birthed some babies.

Religion made them human

#7000 Jun 4, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Is it offensive?
Yes! It's meant to be offensive."
That's the whole point. How do you think Mr. Crapper might feel having everyone use the name of his invention in a derogatory or offensive manner over and over until the word "crapper" and later shortened to just "crap" became internationally known as and forever associated to feces or the act of defecating? I bet if he knew then what we all know today, Mr. Crapper would have called his invention something else.
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. That wasn't my intent. I just wanted to hurry up and say those things now while it's still relatively socially acceptable. I'll get to the "trailer park tramps", "rednecks", "white trash", "wetbacks", "anchor babies", "liberals", "conservatives" and "Tea Bags" later. There is still lots of time before those demographics are considered "protected".
The good news is, not a whole lot of people cheered at my insensitive attempt at humor and that tells me that there may be hope for our society yet. Who knows? Until then:
Relax
Everything
Will
Be
Alright!
REWBA
"The good news is, not a whole lot of people cheered at my insensitive attempt at humor and that tells me that there may be hope for our society yet."

Because I can't always tell when you're serious. In fact, you rarely are and I should know better.

When I do figure out your attempt at humor it takes me a whole lot of fkn time to try to figure out the punchline.

My bad not yours. I should be reading fiction instead of killing time in Topix and answering office emails.

I'll ask you one thing in return. I know there's an in-between-the-line in every crazy sht you write, I know that much, will you please give me a freaking clue when you're serious? I mean, when should I take your message literally? You keep me in constant state of suspense and scratching my head. LOL! Seriously.

...and yeah, I came across a little angry, shall we say? I offer my sincere apologies. I was a fool and I fell for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More arrests coming in Lakewood | Di Ionno 3 hr SeptemberCampaign 7
News Aging New York Immigrants Confront Shortage of ... 6 hr anonymous 1
News Boise takes in more Syrian refugees than New Yo... (Oct '16) Tue American 4
News Fed Balance-Sheet Plan Missing Key Detail Tied ... Tue Ronald 1
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... Tue Red Crosse 16
News Civil Judgments to Be Removed from All Credit R... Jul 23 how will that help 1
News Albuquerque guardianship firm facing of embezzl... Jul 21 Cut Property 2
More from around the web