Emanuel nemesis' law firm sued over disability case

Sep 23, 2012 Full story: Chicago Sun-Times

The attorney who waged a losing battle to keep Rahm Emanuel out of the Chicago mayoral race last year now finds his law firm enmeshed in another court fight, this time over a former southwest suburban police chief's six-figure yearly disability pay.

Full Story
Batter Up

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 24, 2012
I enjoyed the part in the article where this lawyer who gave us George Bush said I only knew him through his father. Duh! Dad must have made the introduction 20 years ago so in lawyer-speak we have an almost true statement. He is a lawyer from Evergreen Park (where the Chief grew up) and doing business everywhere and he didn't know the police chief of Chicago Ridge? Not possible How does it work that the Ridge Pension Board is suing him anyway? Can anyone on the Village Hoard claim that he didn't do any work for them? Are all of those Village officials going to claim that they don't know Mr. Election Law either? Really? The article left the part about how he propped the Toddler up for his whole term and focused on how he worked against Mayor Rahm.
Lawyer Jim

Downers Grove, IL

#2 Sep 24, 2012
How do we post this article on the New Lenox forum ?The people of New Lenox should know what a great and ethical Mayor they have
Aware

New Lenox, IL

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Lawyer Jim wrote:
How do we post this article on the New Lenox forum ?The people of New Lenox should know what a great and ethical Mayor they have
We know.
just wondering

United States

#4 Sep 25, 2012
Is it true that the deputy chief was the son in law of a current village trustee? If that is not a conflict of intrest, please tell me what os.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI investigates Realtor for mortgage fraud (Mar '08) 6 hr Despiseliars 126
An effort to end pensions in Colorado 13 hr Al Moncrief 1
Grimes rallies support 15 hr Responsibility 2
Fed keeps rate at record low, ends bond buying 21 hr Go Blue Forever 1
To refinance home loan, navigating paperwork an... (Jun '09) Fri SandyWilliams 53
Storm damage hurt business, attorney says (Jul '13) Thu Michael2327 5
Housing segregation played role in Ferguson tra... Thu LaDaeDae Mudik 2

Personal Finance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE