Young illegal immigrants will be eligible for California driver's licenses

Aug 16, 2012 Full story: Monterey County Herald 67

California will issue driver's licenses to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants once the Obama administration grants them work permits, the state Department of Motor Vehicles says.

Full Story
Swirled

Concord, CA

#42 Aug 23, 2012
Totally totally totally agree!! Don't come to the US!! We don't want or need you. Our resources are drying up. Your country should take care of you!!!! Not mine. Quit breaking the law. Secure all borders with moats and alligators!!!! Kill zone. With drones flying
Smury

Concord, CA

#43 Aug 23, 2012
My one and only is question is.... Will these ILLEGALs that are breaking the law even obtain insurance?? Or will rates just increase for the legal insured drivers?? Oops another question!! Does this license come with a free car and free gas?? Free free free free. Give me more. I come to America to take take take with my hand out!!!! I say we all move to another country where theres no Mexicans. How wonderful that would be. Picture it fellow Americans..,,,, no welfare. No free lunch. No hand outs. A place where everyone works and betters the country. A place where everything is clean and tidy. Oh the dream

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#44 Aug 23, 2012
Smury wrote:
My one and only is question is.... Will these ILLEGALs that are breaking the law even obtain insurance?? Or will rates just increase for the legal insured drivers?? Oops another question!! Does this license come with a free car and free gas?? Free free free free. Give me more. I come to America to take take take with my hand out!!!! I say we all move to another country where theres no Mexicans. How wonderful that would be. Picture it fellow Americans..,,,, no welfare. No free lunch. No hand outs. A place where everyone works and betters the country. A place where everything is clean and tidy. Oh the dream
No welfare, no free lunch, no hand outs.
A place where everyone works?

Sounds a lot like Mexico.....

As a American living here my children must have copies of their birth certificate, passport and a letter from DERSA before they allow my children to attend a public school.
And if there are no seats left in the school and a national wants my childs seat they will boot my child and give the seat to the national.
Smury

Concord, CA

#45 Aug 23, 2012
Of course they would boot your kids. We need to do that here. It's complete bullshit!! These people are just turning this country into a mockery. I love what Arizona has done. California is run by pansies. So scarded about being politically incorrect. They all hate this Mexican fiasco Believe me not one politician will admit it though. Close all borders. Do I hear an amen??!
Logic

Danielson, CT

#46 Aug 27, 2012
Smury wrote:
Of course they would boot your kids. We need to do that here. It's complete bullshit!! These people are just turning this country into a mockery. I love what Arizona has done. California is run by pansies. So scarded about being politically incorrect. They all hate this Mexican fiasco Believe me not one politician will admit it though. Close all borders. Do I hear an amen??!
I wouldn't say "amen" to that u idiot. But I will agree that there needs to be tougher immigration enforcement at the border. The reason they're not doing anything in Cali is because of the high illegal and Mexican-American population. Do you want riots??

“Facts”

Mexico

#47 Aug 27, 2012
Smury wrote:
Even legal immigrants like we are are treated far different than citizens.

Yes we need to seal the borders then put in place a fine for any business that hires or peron that rents to a illegal....
Start the fine at 10k
Second time 100k
Third time one million dollars and confiscation of the property....

In a few short months the criminal invaders would be gone
Logic

Danielson, CT

#48 Aug 27, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Even legal immigrants like we are are treated far different than citizens.
Yes we need to seal the borders then put in place a fine for any business that hires or peron that rents to a illegal....
Start the fine at 10k
Second time 100k
Third time one million dollars and confiscation of the property....
In a few short months the criminal invaders would be gone
Great idea! U bafoon! Do u really think that'll happen?? Lol
LockNload

Newark, CA

#49 Aug 27, 2012
That's when I start killing wet backs on the streets.

“Facts”

Mexico

#51 Aug 27, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea! U bafoon! Do u really think that'll happen?? Lol
Not with moronic liberals having a say.....

But if it was up to Sheriff Joe it would happen..........ROTFLMAO

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#52 Aug 27, 2012
So now terrorist will be freely travel around the United States. Good luck Califoria, your state is in the toilet.

“Facts”

Mexico

#53 Aug 27, 2012
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your fault for living there.
I have no problem how we are treated here.

Just about the same as Greece, Italy New Zealand and many other countries I have lived in
TLP

United States

#54 Aug 27, 2012
LockNload wrote:
That's when I start killing wet backs on the streets.
That's when i get to see them put a needle in your arm for homicide.

“Facts”

Mexico

#55 Aug 27, 2012
TLP wrote:
<quoted text>
That's when i get to see them put a needle in your arm for homicide.
Naw..........

All ya got to do is put a gun in their cold dead hands..........ROTFLMAO
racer42

Millbrae, CA

#56 Aug 27, 2012
Juan wrote:
They should be able to get a drivers license.
An American citizen can drive in Mexico can't they, what's the difference ? Many American drive drunk in Mexico also.
American citizens driving in Mexico are required to have a driver's license and to have proof of Mexican insurance.

“Facts”

Mexico

#57 Aug 27, 2012
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
American citizens driving in Mexico are required to have a driver's license and to have proof of Mexican insurance.
Yes you are required to have a license and to import a car you must have insurance.
But there is no proof of insurance needed to register a car like in the USA

But if you have a accident and cause property damage or injure a person if you don't have the insurance or the money in your pocket to satisfy the other party then you are thrown in jail until someone brings the money......

Now these holding cells are not like anything in the USA
You could be tossed into a tank with 20 to 200 people with a hole in the floor to use as a toilet and a fire house is turned on you once a day.
Loaves of bread and cartons of milk are tossed in the room twice a day also....You fight for food or go hungry

But companies like Mariners insurance in San Diego and Vallarta sell a policy for a 2011 hummer for less than 1k per year and it comes with legal aid and bail and full coverage insurance.
pug

Justice, IL

#58 Aug 28, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are required to have a license and to import a car you must have insurance.
But there is no proof of insurance needed to register a car like in the USA
But if you have a accident and cause property damage or injure a person if you don't have the insurance or the money in your pocket to satisfy the other party then you are thrown in jail until someone brings the money......
Now these holding cells are not like anything in the USA
You could be tossed into a tank with 20 to 200 people with a hole in the floor to use as a toilet and a fire house is turned on you once a day.
Loaves of bread and cartons of milk are tossed in the room twice a day also....You fight for food or go hungry
But companies like Mariners insurance in San Diego and Vallarta sell a policy for a 2011 hummer for less than 1k per year and it comes with legal aid and bail and full coverage insurance.
Those are not the only Hummers available, right?

“Facts”

Mexico

#59 Aug 28, 2012
pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are not the only Hummers available, right?
All Suvs are very popular
Juan

Pearland, TX

#60 Aug 29, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
To drive in any country, you have to be there legally.
Many Americans go to Mexico and drive, why shouldn't we be able to drive here, there's no difference.
Smury

Concord, CA

#61 Aug 29, 2012
Hey Juan. There is a major differance. We don't enter Mexico ILLEGALLY!!! We don't go to Mexico to get free hand outs either. I say close all borders!!!! There's enough here already. They multiply like cockroaches.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#62 Aug 29, 2012
Juan wrote:
They should be able to get a drivers license.
An American citizen can drive in Mexico can't they, what's the difference ? Many American drive drunk in Mexico also.
An American citizen in Mexico illegally gets to go to jail, not get a driver's license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat Robertson advises elderly woman: Reverse mo... 4 hr Silly Summit 1
Emanuel Assailed by Candidates Who Say His Chic... 7 hr reality is a crutch 1
U.S. home construction rises 4.4 percent in Dec... 7 hr jstrong196 1
Post Office To Expand 'Challenger' Money Arm 21 hr jeffry 1
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Mon swedenforever 10
Transparency and perspective on public sector p... Mon Leadpipe 1
Teachers union president vows to fight cuts to ... (Feb '14) Mon ShouldBPres 7
More from around the web